C_y_K

I-797E RFE HELP!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone...We need some help

We got married in 2008 and got the 2 year greencard. Filed for the adjustment of status in Feb. We submitted pictures, affadavids from family, tax return, etc.

We got an RFE back for Financial Records and Residence proof. They want accounts that reflect both our names.

Here's the problem... We do not have any joint accounts. My wife did not have any credit so all the utilitis, mortgage, car loans, etc are all in my name (Charles). It was just easier since her credit was nonexistent.

I also just retained sole ownership of our checking account and savings. My wife did open a checking account of her own but it has since been closed for insufficient funds. She doesn't work and she was content to let me handle finances and generally we just bought things together (or I would give her cash to spend).

I do have a car insurance bill which states my wife's name as a driver which does list her as a driver on our insurance...however the insurance policy itself is in my name.

I did just add her name to the checking account and electric bill but the letter says to give evidence "FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS". I don't want to submit this as evidence as it can easily be shown the changes were made after the RFE. I also have a life insurance policy that I just added her to be beneficiary (the policy was from before we were married and I didn't know I forgot to update the beneficiary until checking now for evidence)

We just simply do not have any evidence to give....how should we handle this?

Also there was a request for evidence for residence to prove that both of us live at our house. Again this asks for utility bills and etc and we don't have any of this. Any help?

Will this lead to a denial or an interview?

We don't have a problem with going in for an interview as we are a married couple, reside in the same house and always have. Would an additional affadavid from a family member stating we live together help?

We have to avoid this being DENIED! HELP!!

*** Met in 2002 sometime online Yahoo messenger

*** Continued with scarce letters but many online conversations from 2002-2006

***June 2006: Went to meet mi amor in Buenos Aires and confirmed we wanted to marry (Stayed for a month)

***Nov 2006: Engagement formally announced

***March 2007: Returned to Argentina to visit for a week

***05-18-2007 I-129f Sent to NSC

***06-07-2007 NOA1 Transferred to CSC (Website)

***06-17-2006 NOA1 (Hardcopy)

***07-07-2007 Touched (Wasn't watching for prior touches...and maybe this one due to my phone call)

***Waiting...waiting...waiting

***08-03-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-13-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-08-2007 NOA2 APPROVED

***10-09-2007 Touched

***10-10-2007 Touched NICE!!!! :)

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

Your question relates to ROC/Removal of Conditions (not AOS). I'll move your topic to the correct forum.

You'll see a pinned topic that might give you some ideas and would be a good place to start.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My application is not approved yet so I can't say for sure that these things work. But here are couple more things that I did not see in your list:

• Not sure if your wife has driver license but I sent a copy of both our license that shows same address.
  • I also sent health insurance documents that listed my husband as a member/spouse in the policy.
  • I am also only listed as additional driver in the car insurance policy but I sent it anyway, it can't hurt.
  • other stuff I sent which are secondary evidence is joint AAA, invitation cards to our names, etc.

Additionally, you can write a letter to explain why you don't have some of the things. For instance, we also don't have joint mortgage, utilities, etc so I mentioned why we did not provide such information because I had purchased house with my mom before I got married.

Good luck!!!

Edited by champi

IR-5 - for Mom
------------
08/27/2012 - Sent Application
08/28/2012 - NOA1 date
08/31/2012 - Received email from USCIS saying the package is accepted
09/11/2012 - Received a letter saying case transferred Lee's Summit, MO
02/15/2013 - Received an email saying case is approved
02/22/2013 - I-130 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC Journey
--------------
02/18/2013 - NVC received the case
03/11/2013 - NVC case # assigned
03/12/2013 - Petitioners' email corrected, Beneficiary's email added
03/13/2013 - DS3032 received
03/13/2013 - DS3032 email sent (was sent before the we received the DS3032)
03/13/2013 - AOS fee invoiced and Paid (shows In Progress)
03/14/2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
03/14/2013 - AOS package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/15/2013 - AOS package delivered to NVC on 03/15/2013 at 10:06:00
03/19/2013 - Re-sent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review on subject
03/21/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
03/22/2013 - IV fee invoiced and paid
03/25/2013 - IV fee shows PAID
03/25/2013 - IV package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/26/2013 - IV package delivered to NVC on 03/26/2013 at 10:04am
03/27/2013 - AOS accepted
04/08/2013 - IV checklist found out by phone - NVC lost our marriage certificate sad.png
04/09/2013 - IV checklist email received
04/16/2013 - IV Checklist response mailed - new Marriage Certificate

04/16/2013 - Case Complete (they found our first marriage certificate during supervisor review??)
04/17/2013 - NVC received IV Checklist response
04/23/2013 - Case Complete email from NVC

05/13/2013 - Medical

06/03/2013 - Interview

Thank you God!!!!

Timeline

We did send in a copy of our DL and a copy of our medical insurance card that had both of our names on it. I will go ahead and make another copy of this and send in. I guess that was not enough evidence So I am thinking of doing this....

Copy again of DL, health insurance card

Letter of explaination about mortgage and utilities

2010 copy of tax return (wasn't done when submitted in Feb)Filed jointly

Copy of my wife's W2 from 2009 and 2010 (she did work for a short time). These show our address with her name.

Go ahead and send copy of front page of 2008 and 2009 tax returns filed jointly

***I did not submit the entire tax return, just a copy of the first page....should I have copied the entire return?

My question is if the evidence is not sufficient do we risk a rejection or would they have us submit to an interview first?

Any other suggestions?

***June 2006: Went to meet mi amor in Buenos Aires and confirmed we wanted to marry (Stayed for a month)

***07-07-2007 Touched (Wasn't watching for prior touches...and maybe this one due to my phone call)

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-09-2007 Touched

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We did send in a copy of our DL and a copy of our medical insurance card that had both of our names on it. I will go ahead and make another copy of this and send in. I guess that was not enough evidence So I am thinking of doing this....

Copy of my wife's W2 from 2009 and 2010 (she did work for a short time). These show our address with her name.

Go ahead and send copy of front page of 2008 and 2009 tax returns filed jointly

***I did not submit the entire tax return, just a copy of the first page....should I have copied the entire return?

My question is if the evidence is not sufficient do we risk a rejection or would they have us submit to an interview first?

Any other suggestions?

The idea of writing a letter explaining why you don't have many documents is brilliant. If you don't have it, you just don't have it. That doesn't mean your marriage isn't legit. Try resending what you did earlier and add last years tax returns. Matter of fact get the last 3 tax transcripts from the IRS (faxed so you don't have to wait)) and send the entire packet not just the 1st page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You submitted copies of the health insurance card but do you also have any receipts from doctors visits for co-pays and the corresponding insurance documents showing that the patient was K and the insurance owner C? Even showing bills that have been paid for her medical/dental concerns and matching up the payment to your checking accounts shows a bit more detail.

What about a family type cell phone plan? If you have one it may list both your names or both numbers on the account. Do you live in a community that has a Home Owners Association showing the list the residents at each address?

Include statements from her closed bank account- they will have the same house address as yours. Do you have joint credit cards?

Does she receive any regular mail like a magazine subscription showing the address? If you live in a rural area would it be possible to get a statement from your mail carrier that he/she delivers mail for both of you to the same address? Getting affidavits from family, and in this case neighbours, verifying you both live at the same address would be useful.

Can your wife get a statement from her former employer that shows she listed your address with you as spouse and emergency contact?

Have you written wills? Does she have anything from her home country (pensions, investments, etc.) re-directed to her US address? (Annual benefits statements, etc.) Is she listed as your beneficiary on any retirement benefits you have? Have you purchased an IRA in her name alone?

Has she ever taken any of the cars in for maintenance work/emissions check up and has a statement that would have her name listed on it along with your address?

Do you have any pets? Are they listed at the vet with both of your names? (Just trying to think of other ideas that we included).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Voter registration/voting information for the USC showing your shared address...

2001-2008 F1

08/2008 - AOS VSC

07/2009 - end of 8yrs of grad sch

02/14/09 - ID, GC approved

02/27/09 - CGC rcvd

11/16/2010 - 751 sent - CSC

03/29/2011 - 751 approved

11/15/11 - N400 Sent

11/18/11 - Notice Date

01/27/12 - Interview Date

03/15/12 - Oath Ceremony

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Voter registration/voting information for the USC showing your shared address...

My wife and I are in the same boat as the OP. I like the voting registration idea; also the driver's license in the previous posts.

OP, best of luck to the both of us :thumbs: and thanks to all responders for your sage advice.

• Summer 2006 - My dad sponsors Ania for tourist visit
  • October 22, 2006 - Ania visits the US, we're introduced
  • November 2006 - Getting to know each other
  • December 2006 - Ania moves in
  • April 17, 2007 - Ania's six month stay comes to an end
  • June 2007 - I propose, she accepts!
  • July 3, 2007 - Travel to Warsaw to see Ania, declare my intentions to her family
  • July 2007 - Discuss options with immigration attorney - she advises me to self-file to save money
  • July 2007 - Gathering up I129f materials
  • July 26, 2007 - USPS overnight packet to CSC
  • August 18, 2007 - NOA1 (dated August 14, 2007)
  • November 20, 2007 - Ania and I meet in London, UK, visit Tarifa, ES
  • February 25, 2008 - NOA2 approved! Received email from CRIS 10:29 PM

Timeline

Thank you so much everyone for the useful information!!

We did submit a copy of our Driver's licenses with shared addresses...I guess it wasn't enough

I am planning to submit this:

Go ahead and send copy of front page of 2008 and 2009 tax returns filed jointly.

Copy of my wife's closed bank statement showing her address.

Trying to get copy of medical expenses and account tie in

Trying to get a statement from driving school for her and tie in checking account paying for it.

If they feel an issue is not resolved do they typically straight up deny application (this is unbelievably scary)? Or do they typically then request an interview to sort out details?

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-09-2007 Touched

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys I am in the same situation as C_Y_K, and I have to send more info also. I wanted to have your opinions on this; I have my wife’s W2 pointing to a different address than where we live (her w2 (2008/2009/2010) point to her mom’s place). But we filed jointly and on the tax returns of 2008/2009 and 2010 they all point to our current address where we both live. My question is, if the latter discrepancy in the address of my wife’s w2 and my tax returns a potential problem. I heard that many people tend to file their w2 to a different place than where the live, and that this is more or less common, but just wanted to have you guy’s opinion.

Thanks for your time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.