Obama 2012

Activist Women Create "Slut Walk" In Retaliation To Comments from Officer

365 posts in this topic

Who's condoning rape?

Can you explain to me why the cops can say, "It doesn't matter if you don't remember driving the car... you were still driving." and you're convicted of DUI yet in other instances you're not responsible for your own behavior while you were drinking because you can't remember what you did?

What did I say? I said if you drink, you consent to what comes next.

Too many people on here are blaming this supposed incident on the guy and not taking into account the irresponsible actions of the ladies involved. In no way, shape or form am I saying guys can rape any girl who has a sip of alcohol. But, what I am saying is when you drink and do dumb stuff you're responsible.... unless you're a woman who changed her mind.

It's pretty traditional in our society for girls to act like they don't engage in promiscuous behavior on a regular basis. It's also the man's "job" to try to convince them that it's OK to do so.

I didn't make that up - that's just the way it is. I'm sorry you don't like it but those aren't my rules.

A ####### who says no is walking home.

It wouldn't be OK with me since I'm not into gay dudes. But, then again, I'm not going to go home alone with him (after just meeting him) lay in bed with him and make out for a while, engage in intercourse... and then claim the next day that he took advantage of me. Regardless of how I was dressed.

What kills me about this thread is how so many of you are so quick to defend a woman who makes stupid choices while drunk. Where are you when she's out driving her car while drunk?

I see, so now you are saying that when you said if you consent to a drink you consent to what comes next, what you actually MEANT was if you willing #### while under the influence of alcohol then when you sober up and regret it you can't cry foul? As NOT ONE PERSON has postulated that it is ok to cry foul if you engage in sex willing while under the influence of alcohol and then regret it later that looks remarkably like grasping at straws after you realised that your statement was odious, even by your standards.

As to the bolded, a man would do a better job of convincing women that it's ok for them to engage in casual sex if men respected those women who engage openly in it and don't call them sluts, whores, bitches, lie to them to get laid and in genera treat them with contempt. Giving all women respect, regardless of how they dress would be a great way to start Of course, that's purely my own weak and feeble female opinion. Clearly, doing the exact opposite is working well so well :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Even if it's your otherwise straight pal from work who interpreted your smile at one of his jokes as a green light to put his tongue in your ear?

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

Who's condoning rape?

Slim, don't play dumb here. Saying that if someone consents to drinking then they consent to everything else is tantamount to condonoing rape. You may not have literally said it, but your statement directly implies it.

Can you explain to me why the cops can say, "It doesn't matter if you don't remember driving the car... you were still driving." and you're convicted of DUI yet in other instances you're not responsible for your own behavior while you were drinking because you can't remember what you did?

Being inebriated is sometimes taken as a mitigating factor in determining what crime to charge someone with and in the sentencing portion of a trial. It is not an excuse, nor does it diminish the crime commited. However, in crimes where malice or forethought is a required element of the law, then it can be introduced. If a woman wears a short skirt or drinks at a bar, this may be the reason it caught someones attention, but does not justify rape. You seem to be suggesting that if a woman has a few beers and wears a short skirt then she is required to have sex with whomever.

What comes next, is implied to mean that if you have a beer, anything that happens after that is deserved and you should have expected it. Thankfully, the law does not work that way.

Too many people on here are blaming this supposed incident on the guy and not taking into account the irresponsible actions of the ladies involved. In no way, shape or form am I saying guys can rape any girl who has a sip of alcohol. But, what I am saying is when you drink and do dumb stuff you're responsible.... unless you're a woman who changed her mind.

Slim, I don't think you quite grasp rape, beyond the obvious. It's not about sex, it is about control. Maybe next time you are meeting with your parole officer (or whatever your state's equivalent is), you can ask him about it, i'm sure they have a wealth of knowledge to share with you about it.

It's pretty traditional in our society for girls to act like they don't engage in promiscuous behavior on a regular basis. It's also the man's "job" to try to convince them that it's OK to do so.

I didn't make that up - that's just the way it is. I'm sorry you don't like it but those aren't my rules.

Thank god the laws of this country don't reflect your opinions.

I take it this is one of your maxims of dating?

It wouldn't be OK with me since I'm not into gay dudes. But, then again, I'm not going to go home alone with him (after just meeting him) lay in bed with him and make out for a while, engage in intercourse... and then claim the next day that he took advantage of me. Regardless of how I was dressed.

What kills me about this thread is how so many of you are so quick to defend a woman who makes stupid choices while drunk. Where are you when she's out driving her car while drunk?

Slim, this proves that you just don't get it. Could we make the assumption that because you made poor decisions in your life and ended up having to spend a short period of time in jail that any rape that went on in jail was justified? That is the level of lunacy that you are supporting here. There is no justification for rape, period.

Indy.gif

If a straight man is not attractive to most women, the idea of shagging them will be as repugnant to them as a put in the rough would be to you.

90day.jpg

NOT ONE PERSON has postulated that it is ok to cry foul if you engage in sex willing while under the influence of alcohol

Yet you've postulated I said rape is OK.

Even if it's your otherwise straight pal from work who interpreted your smile at one of his jokes as a green light to put his tongue in your ear?

Dare I say it wouldn't end up in rape.

Slim, don't play dumb here. Saying that if someone consents to drinking then they consent to everything else is tantamount to condonoing rape. You may not have literally said it, but your statement directly implies it.

Being inebriated is sometimes taken as a mitigating factor in determining what crime to charge someone with and in the sentencing portion of a trial. It is not an excuse, nor does it diminish the crime commited. However, in crimes where malice or forethought is a required element of the law, then it can be introduced. If a woman wears a short skirt or drinks at a bar, this may be the reason it caught someones attention, but does not justify rape. You seem to be suggesting that if a woman has a few beers and wears a short skirt then she is required to have sex with whomever.

What I'm saying is we, as a society (and especially women) have no problem hammering someone who does something stupid while intoxicated yet the moment a woman calls foul - while intoxicated - all the sudden she's off the hook.

Why is that?

She can't get off the hook for driving a car. She can't get off the hook for beating her kids. Yet when she goes to a hotel room at 2:15AM with a dude she just met, all the sudden she's free and clear no matter what.

What comes next, is implied to mean that if you have a beer, anything that happens after that is deserved and you should have expected it. Thankfully, the law does not work that way.

It does if you're driving a car. It does if you're beating your kids. It does if you're carrying a gun.

Yet for a woman who makes stupid choices... it's not her fault.

Slim, I don't think you quite grasp rape, beyond the obvious. It's not about sex, it is about control. Maybe next time you are meeting with your parole officer (or whatever your state's equivalent is), you can ask him about it, i'm sure they have a wealth of knowledge to share with you about it.

I don't think my PO has a wealth of knowledge on any subject!

Could we make the assumption that because you made poor decisions in your life and ended up having to spend a short period of time in jail that any rape that went on in jail was justified? That is the level of lunacy that you are supporting here. There is no justification for rape, period.

We say it's OK for women to make poor decisions, why not me?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

Who's condoning rape?

If a man needs an 'equalizer' in the form of any drug to get a woman to consent to sex, that man is a rapist. There comes a point during inebriation where the person isn't properly qualified to give proper consent. If a man is just ordering drink after drink for the woman for the sole purpose of the 'end game', all while staying moderately sober...he's a rapist.

....At the very least, he's way ugly and unshaggable during daytime hours....and no one who relies on booze to get azz should consider himself to have 'game'.

If a man needs an 'equalizer' in the form of any drug to get a woman to consent to sex, that man is a rapist. There comes a point during inebriation where the person isn't properly qualified to give proper consent. If a man is just ordering drink after drink for the woman for the sole purpose of the 'end game', all while staying moderately sober...he's a rapist.

....At the very least, he's way ugly and unshaggable during daytime hours....and no one who relies on booze to get azz should consider himself to have 'game'.

Sounds to me like any man who buys a gal drinks and they have sex afterwards is a rapist. I'm learning so much on this thread.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

Sounds to me like any man who buys a gal drinks and they have sex afterwards is a rapist. I'm learning so much on this thread.

I really cant believe I have to explain it to you.

If a man & woman meet at a bar, they've both had a few, sex ensues, fine. One or both may regret it in the morning.

If a man's only way to get laid involves giving drink after drink after drink to a woman, also has the 'backup plan' of booze in the car for after the bars close, that man has removed the woman's ability to properly consent. Therefore, is a rapist. Will he get thrown in jail? Prolly not, cos it's prolly hard to prove. But respectable men wouldn't take advantage of a woman in that state.

I really cant believe I have to explain it to you.

If a man & woman meet at a bar, they've both had a few, sex ensues, fine. One or both may regret it in the morning.

If a man's only way to get laid involves giving drink after drink after drink to a woman, also has the 'backup plan' of booze in the car for after the bars close, that man has removed the woman's ability to properly consent. Therefore, is a rapist. Will he get thrown in jail? Prolly not, cos it's prolly hard to prove. But respectable men wouldn't take advantage of a woman in that state.

Oh for crying out loud. Most guys and gals go out to the night clubs with the intentions of getting laid. And yes guys do everything in the book to try and ensure that it happens. In the end it's the gal who has the final say. And what is "proper consent" ? Iv'e never screwed a gal that was passed out and/or comatose. If a gal consents she consents...end of story.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."