MENA Relationships Poll

MENA Relationships Poll  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What is my relationship with a MENA man or woman

• I am an American woman married to a MENA man
    • I'm an American man married to a MENA woman
    • I'm an American woman engaged to a MENA man
    • I'm an American man engaged to a MENA woman
    • I am an American divorced from or in the process of divorcing my MENA spouse
    • I'm an American who cancelled my wedding after my MENA fiance/fiancee arrived in the U.S. - due to their bad behavior
    • Other
  2. 2. Is/was my MENA spouse abusive, disrespectful, unfaithful or irresponsible?

• My spouse is here in the U.S. with me, and no - absolutely not!
    • My spouse is not here yet, and no
    • Yes, but I am not in the divorce process
    • Yes, and we are divorcing/have already divorced
    • We are not married yet
    • Other
  3. 3. If my marriage to a MENA spouse ended badly/is ending badly, would I consider marrying again from MENA?

• Absolutely!
    • I already did/am already in the process of getting another MENA spouse
    • No friggen way!
    • I am too depressed/burned out/hurt right now to even think of marrying again, no matter who it might be
    • It's possible, I guess
    • Other

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

~ Please leave in MENA ~

This is my first poll... hope I did it right. Please read all options before voting.

Votes are anonymous, so there's no reason to be afraid or ashamed to tell the unvarnished truth. This is by no means a scientific poll, but still I think we will all be interested to see the results !

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My MENA spouse is not abusive, disrespectful, or unfaithful, but he can be irresponsible at times. I think this is mostly a maturity/personality issue rather than a cultural one. When I met him, he was only 21, so he has improved immensely in this area over the last 8 years!

I have no MENA fetish, so while it's possible I would go back for seconds, I don't see it happening. :lol:

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline

My MENA spouse is not abusive, disrespectful, or unfaithful, but he can be irresponsible at times. I think this is mostly a maturity/personality issue rather than a cultural one. When I met him, he was only 21, so he has improved immensely in this area over the last 8 years!

I have no MENA fetish, so while it's possible I would go back for seconds, I don't see it happening. :lol:

I guess I should have qualifed the "irresponsible." I was thinking in terms of financial responsibility/ taking care of home/family. D'oh !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm married and living with a MENA man and while he's certainly no perfect angel, he's not disrespectful, abusive or unfaithful. I wouldn't even classify him as irresponsible even though sometimes *I* think he is. Like Jenn said it's mostly maturity/personality and being spoiled (in my opinion) before coming to the U.S. He has improved a lot since coming here and realizing marriage is the real deal and not a fantasy of love and romance. I have to say that impending fatherhood has really made him step up and remove any silliness that may have been lingering. Not to brag or anything but he's been absolutely awesome the past couple months since I've become pregnant. Very understanding, patient, attentive, etc. My bitchiness hasn't phased him one bit which, I think, shows a great amount of self control considering how bad I can be at times. :D I'm really proud of how far he's come since arriving in the US. Probably more than the poll is looking for but...

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

*UmmS - USC woman

*AbuS - USC man, formerly MENA citizen

*Met 9 and a half years ago

*Talked online for almost 2 years before meeting in person

*Visited Egypt 3 times over the next 3 years, including once with my parents and siblings

*AbuS arrives in the US in 10/05, we get married per the US government that same month

*07/09 AbuS becomes a US citizen

*03/11 We're still married and inshaAllah anticipate continuing to be married for the next several decades

While it certainly hasn't been easy, AbuS has never been abusive, disrespectful, unfaithful or irresponsible. We've both been naive when it comes to marriage, but then, we were both young when we met and this is our first marriage, so that's par for the course.

And if, God forbid, we end up splitting up, I'd probably look for an american muslim to marry. Not a fan of the visa process and don't want to go through that again.

Or, I'll just adopt lots and lots of cats and become a crazy cat lady.

Yeah, I think I'll take option #2.

Edited by UmmSqueakster

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh duh - forgot to answer the last poll question.

This is my second marriage and while I can't say for sure - if this one failed I don't know if I'd get married again let alone to another MENA guy. I certainly would never petition another. That's too much work.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Can I vote twice? (F)

Jackie

Importer/Exporter

Of course - you can just add it in a post. (My poll had some confusing flaws.)

Love your title btw !!!! :rofl:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

...if you only knew

VJ 1.0~sex crimes in 2 states....yea he's going back :blink:

VJ 2.0~just can't adjust to America :wacko:

Jackie (F)

(VJ 1.0~i feel awful about the girls he attacked...i brought him here)

Jackie! I had no idea... so sorry for what you've been through (F)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was married to a moroccan and divorced. He was a hard worker, provided well, but wasn't the man he claimed to be in Morocco. Unfortunatly he griped about every time I spent. Spent his every waking minuete on the computer, and making me haul his but around.

I since then, have found a new man, from Egypt. He is the total opposite of the moroccan and loves spending time with me.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Timeline

Thx WOM...its been an interesting 9 years to say the least.

Life is good and I couldn't ask for anything more :blush: My loves now are my bird, George and my 5 tropical fish. They are all happy to see me, they dont lie, cheat or steal and they have papers already :thumbs:

Jax (F)

i'm from the us, my husband is from morocco.

i've known him since 2003, got married in 2007, and we have a daughter together, in addition to him being a step-father to my older son. this is my 2nd marriage, his first. while we are all works in progress, as human beings, i'm very happy and content in our lives together as a married couple and as parents together. sometimes we'll argue over big things, sometimes over teeny tiny things, and everything in between. it happens. and then we get over it and move on. sometimes the getting over it part takes longer to accomplish than other times.

this is my last go at getting married, in the frame of mind i'm in, in 2011. i've never thought past that, and never felt the need to try and think past that. so i'll leave it at that. :luv:

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I married my husband when I was 21 and he was 30, neither of us had been married before, and we've been together for almost 9 years. We have our ups and downs like every marriage but we always seem to come together stronger in the end. I love him to pieces. He's a good father and husband. He lets me sleep for 14 hours if I want on Friday and Saturday because I work nights during the week. He constantly listens to me ###### about being tired and never says a word. He's brutally honest and therefore I never fear cheating or deception. He rarely goes out with friends and he spends all of his time with me and our children. We come first before his family in Algeria and, although he would do almost anything for them, our needs come first.

I don't know if I could be with someone else after such a long time with my husband. Hopefully I won't have to think about that.

Edited by momof1

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm the USC, he's the MENA part.

He's not abusive, irresponsible or any of that.

I also don't have a MENA fetish, so whether or not I got a second one would be entirely dependant on if I met another one I liked. I have no plans as such. We met in person at work doing work things, so my meeting a MENA guy I liked in the first place was not sought out or anything in any way. We've been married 5 years.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.