MENA Relationships Poll

MENA Relationships Poll  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What is my relationship with a MENA man or woman

• I am an American woman married to a MENA man
    • I'm an American man married to a MENA woman
    • I'm an American woman engaged to a MENA man
    • I'm an American man engaged to a MENA woman
    • I am an American divorced from or in the process of divorcing my MENA spouse
    • I'm an American who cancelled my wedding after my MENA fiance/fiancee arrived in the U.S. - due to their bad behavior
    • Other
  2. 2. Is/was my MENA spouse abusive, disrespectful, unfaithful or irresponsible?

• My spouse is here in the U.S. with me, and no - absolutely not!
    • My spouse is not here yet, and no
    • Yes, but I am not in the divorce process
    • Yes, and we are divorcing/have already divorced
    • We are not married yet
    • Other
  3. 3. If my marriage to a MENA spouse ended badly/is ending badly, would I consider marrying again from MENA?

• Absolutely!
    • I already did/am already in the process of getting another MENA spouse
    • No friggen way!
    • I am too depressed/burned out/hurt right now to even think of marrying again, no matter who it might be
    • It's possible, I guess
    • Other

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Congrats to you and your husband, Mithra !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you, WOM! :luv:

I apologize to everyone - I didn't mean this to be the congratulate Mithra thread. :blush: I was having a proud moment over how nice my husband is because I haven't been the easiest person to live with for the past (almost) 3 months. :luv:

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

I do believe Mithra is glowing :P

Awwww don't apologize - anyone would feel just as excited - and I'm excited for you, too !

:luv:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Love this :)

Im the USC, Adam is the MENA fella.

I love him to pieces! We are about to make our 5th yr anniversary in July, known each other 6yrs this year. He's a hard worker, he provides for me and gives me anything I want, he's my lover, we love spending time together doing whatever or nothing at all. :luv: We are 100% certain that GOD kept us for each other and brought us together and can not even think about being with anyone other than him until in death we part. He's my soul mate! (L)

And once in a blue moon he gets on my last nerve and I get on his :blush:

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone. My husband has been here in the US almost 3 months. So far everything has been very blissful. He does not beat me, except in Bowling (he uses Bumpers). He is always respectful, kind, and patient. Although he can't work yet, Im sure that he will man up, and be responsible in that area of life as well. He does volunteer at the local YMCA regularly, and puts forth good effort there. I'm not sure what would happen if this marriage ended in regards to Dating/marrying another MENA. Im hoping I never have to deal with that situation.

-Danni

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Timeline

Just want to add..Nice to see you posting again M (WOM)

Nice to see you Angel ! How's life treating you ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im the USC, Hes from Jordan

Still together after 7 years, coming up on our 6 year wedding anniversary this July.

2 kids together, we love eachother alot but like all healthy couples, fight and bicker occasionally.

Would I marry another MENA man if we ever divorced? No. We have both make sacrifices, bite our tongues all the time with our families, and have adapted to one anothers cultures to make our marriage work, because we want to be together and to have a good marriage. I only do this because I love my husband dearly and vice versa. Having children grow up in a multicultural relationship is MUCH harder then I ever anticipated and I wouldnt do it again. But then again, I dont really ever see Sofyan and I being apart.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love your montage, you make a lovely couple :)

Hello everyone. My husband has been here in the US almost 3 months. So far everything has been very blissful. He does not beat me, except in Bowling (he uses Bumpers). He is always respectful, kind, and patient. Although he can't work yet, Im sure that he will man up, and be responsible in that area of life as well. He does volunteer at the local YMCA regularly, and puts forth good effort there. I'm not sure what would happen if this marriage ended in regards to Dating/marrying another MENA. Im hoping I never have to deal with that situation.

-Danni

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was nosey and checked out your wedding pics. :blush: So beautiful! You two make a lovely couple. :)

-Danni

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I love your montage, you make a lovely couple :)

Thank you Lisamarie, and good luck to you with your CR1 I hope it goes by quickly for you!

I was nosey and checked out your wedding pics. :blush: So beautiful! You two make a lovely couple. :)

Thanks Mirtha, and your not nosey...I put them out there for people to see! Congrats to you and your husband!

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nice to see you Angel ! How's life treating you ?

Life's been good, changed nursing careers went from a nephrology nurse to a surgical nurse..time for a change..don't know what i was thinking though..lol..like the cesearan sections though and seeing all the babies being born :) Otherwise not sure this type of nursing is for me just a whole different type of nursing you're either going to love it or not..i'm still debating. Congrats on the new house i would love to have a house in the jordan valley so nice there oh well at least i have one in Irbid. If you ever want to vacation in jordan you are most welcome at our home.

Angel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.