Sweet17L

Anyone here from the Philippines?

40 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Just want to know how your petitions are going. We're on our 4th month of waiting. I hope our NOA2 arrives soon. We hope California Service Center gets things going for all of us who are desperately in need of an update from them!

How are you guys keeping up with this loooooooong wait?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have been waiting 5 and a half months with no update since November 2010. I inquired after 5 months and they said we should hear something within 45 days. Very disappointing.

Hi guys

Just want to know how your petitions are going. We're on our 4th month of waiting. I hope our NOA2 arrives soon. We hope California Service Center gets things going for all of us who are desperately in need of an update from them!

How are you guys keeping up with this loooooooong wait?

event.png

Present! We've been waiting for our NOA 2 for like more than 6 months already. :cry: My classes are over and I'll be graduating from college this coming April. So now I'm just sitting at home gathering stuff for the interview (whenever that would be) and trying to spend as much time as I could with my family and friends.

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

Oh my! We'll be on our 4th month this coming April. We submitted ours on the 1st of December. I wish they would be faster, also. (CSC) However, I notice there are still so many couples ahead of us. Hopefully, we'll be reunited with our love one soon. But, it is still very hard to leave the Philippines. All my friends and family are here. I love the Philippines. :(

Present! We've been waiting for our NOA 2 for like more than 6 months already. :cry: My classes are over and I'll be graduating from college this coming April. So now I'm just sitting at home gathering stuff for the interview (whenever that would be) and trying to spend as much time as I could with my family and friends.

more than 6 mos? then the petitioner should try writing to their congressman. im also sitting at home and gathering stuff for my interview. gee, this has got to move faster.

more than 6 mos? then the petitioner should try writing to their congressman. im also sitting at home and gathering stuff for my interview. gee, this has got to move faster.

Well, jimmy_jlyn is from VSC. We're from CSC. We have all heard how slow VSC is. Hopefully, all of our papers will get approved soon, both CSC and VSC! Just a little bit more patience..

What is the congresman able to do?

The petitioner's representative in Congress can assist in handling processing of the petition if it's more than the normal timeline already. Check this link

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Hope it helps.

Well, jimmy_jlyn is from VSC. We're from CSC. We have all heard how slow VSC is. Hopefully, all of our papers will get approved soon, both CSC and VSC! Just a little bit more patience..

They should hire more staff to do the reviewing of petition papers to keep us all going. Our American citizen fiances deserve a good service in return of paying their taxes!

They should hire more staff to do the reviewing of petition papers to keep us all going. Our American citizen fiances deserve a good service in return of paying their taxes!

True that!!! Those taxes are expensive. Shocks me everytime when I find out how much their taxes are :bonk::o

Edited by hope.andsun

Timeline

We've been waiting for 140 days now! :( I hope NOA2 comes really really soon! Just don't think to much of the waiting, use the time to prepare the papers you need for the interview and get on with your life as usual. Do things with your SO online :) Just stay positive and think of better days ahead when you are finally together! :)

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

Timeline

Been there done that. In fact I`ve been in contact with my Congressman for the past 5 months. I last wrote to him after the 5 month waiting period. I was told my file was under review with a officer. I guess almost 3 weeks later it`s still under review. I wrote him again earlier this evening. I hope he has better news for me this time.

Steve64,

you can contact your congressman if that's what happened to you.. sorry to know this dude..

event.png

We've been waiting for 140 days now! :( I hope NOA2 comes really really soon! Just don't think to much of the waiting, use the time to prepare the papers you need for the interview and get on with your life as usual. Do things with your SO online :) Just stay positive and think of better days ahead when you are finally together! :)

yup, we try to gather the necessary things for the interview to keep us from anxiety..thanks for being positive!

I went to my Senator instead of going to a Congressman. He was elected to office last fall and we were most likely the first couple to ask the new Senator for help. It was approved the next day!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

hey there...sorry to hear about the long wait...i haven't even submitted my petition yet...just trying to clarify one last thing...maybe you can help! my fiance was previously married to a us citizen...she filed for divorce so that she could remarry here in the states...however, philippines does not recognize divorce so what should i do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.