Nagishkaw

Room Full of Hearts

2,073 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

By that rationale, one could denigrate the experiences of another by fixating on their own experiences to the exclusion of all else...

Not true when there is a mountain of evidence that supports Nagi's experiences. She is not the exception, she is the rule.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not true when there is a mountain of evidence that supports Nagi's experiences. She is not the exception, she is the rule.

Her experience is not someone else's. More to the point, it isn't yours either. I'm sure she can speak for herself in any case.

Timeline

I think we're having separate conversations. .

(hint: my stance has nothing to do with Nagishaw's experience, nothing to do with her value as a person. It has nothing to do with me not supporting her as a victim, nor overcoming barriers to seeking justice)

You're going off on a tangent here...please try to reign it in

I'm talking about what a victim of domestic abuse can look forward to in a system that gives a simple cookie-cutter answer to a complex problem, I'm not sure what you're talking about. In any event, it is time to move on.

IR5

Filed: Timeline

I'm talking about what a victim of domestic abuse can look forward to in a system that gives a simple cookie-cutter answer to a complex problem, I'm not sure what you're talking about. In any event, it is time to move on.

What system? Who mentioned any system? I mentioned counseling. End of.

Timeline

Her experience is not someone else's. More to the point, it isn't yours either. I'm sure she can speak for herself in any case.

That is a bald assertion, she did in fact reach out with her story. She deserves nothing but praise and support for that. I am only providing context and commenting on how common her situation is. As I indicated, her experience is all too common.

IR5

Timeline

That is a bald assertion, she did in fact reach out with her story. She deserves nothing but praise and support for that. I am only providing context and commenting on how common her situation is. As I indicated, her experience is all too common.

So it may be - but that doesn't mean that someone in an similar situation (on paper) might not benefit from seeking out information and support that might be to their benefit. It is, after all, up to the individual and one person's experience, however bad it may have been does not mean that another will have the same outcome. It doesn't make her an authority on the benefits (or lack thereof) of counselling.

From my albeit limited experience on the subject - you get out of it what you put in.

Timeline

It's a very strange day indeed, when fishdude and I agree :P

We only agree in the sense that you don't write off counselling because of one person's bad experience.

We disagree in that I believe it only has value if someone makes the conscious choice to seek it out for their benefit. You can't make, force or otherwise encourage them do something that they have questionable interest in or aren't committed to.

Filed: Timeline

We only agree in the sense that you don't write off counselling because of one person's bad experience.

We disagree in that I believe it only has value if someone makes the conscious choice to seek it out for their benefit. You can't make, force or otherwise encourage them do something that they have questionable interest in or aren't committed to.

I think you could encourage someone who may be skeptical about it, may have reservations about it because they don't believe it's 'normal', may feel overwhelmed by the process of getting started ($ concerns), etc.

I also don't believe you can force someone to go, or force someone to get something out of it if (s)he is unwilling to give it a chance.

But if someone is on the fence about the merits of going, a little encouragement might give them the desire to give it a chance. ITT, Cassi already expressed desire to go, so I felt it was helpful to encourage.

That's fine if you don't agree.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh Cottonwood, why must you be blowing around? My head will soon explode from the sinus pressure you cause!

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Timeline

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****

Timeline

Ugh, 2 hrs left at work. Dunno if I can make it. The sinus pressure has drained so much energy that I'm fighting to stay awake. I keep finding my eyes close as I sit trying to draft an email to a customer that's not gonna like what I say. helpsmilie.gif

Edited by cassi9879

11/9/08 - MARRIED *****

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think my post spoke for itself.

If they are presented as evidence, they must be based on fact, something you have offered nothing of.

You want me to show you hospital and police reports? Should I have posted pics of my cut, bruised, and battered body to satisfy you need for proof? Would that have made it any better? After all the counseling, the only thing that doesn't go away is the pain. It gets less, but it doesn't go away. This discussion only brings back memories that I'd rather forget. You are a man so you wouldn't understand. Until you or anyone have lived it, you are in no position to pass judgement on anyone.

IR5 can speak for me since 1)he knows my story, and 2) I was not here to respond.I am the only one here who can say ' MOVE ON ' . Not you, not Lisa, not IR5, not even Cassi... only me. Let me remind you that this is not a "game thread", assault and battery is not a game. Further, if it was " blathering", then why are you b!tching about it ? Law enforcement attitude, it's someone else's problem, right ?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

The Nexium seemed to do the job this first month but we don't want to pay for anything other than tier 1 meds. I took the last pill last week sometime and essentially forgot all about asking the Dr since I've been waiting for a response on the bloodwork. Now suddenly I'm suffering for it with the reflux.

mr-yuck.gif

Edited by cassi9879

11/9/08 - MARRIED *****

Timeline

The Nexium seemed to do the job this first month but we don't want to pay for anything other than tier 1 meds. I took the last pill last week sometime and essentially forgot all about asking the Dr since I've been waiting for a response on the bloodwork. Now suddenly I'm suffering for it with the reflux. ***YUCK***

Oh Dear. I hope you get those pills soon. sad.gifrose.gifrose.gifrose.gif

IR5