siasimba

New York City AOS timeline & Interviews

996 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Has anyone been assigned to HOLTSVILLE, New York (Barretts Aveneue) for the interview?

Or know people who was sent there for the interview?

Any feedback/reviews?

Thank you so much!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

its getting closer for December and January filers whoohooooo :dance: but still piss that is taking so long :angry::wacko::blink:

Hopefully....

I'm from January

06/06/09 - Enter U.S, it was also my bday

11/12/10 - Got Married

12/16/10 - Medical Examination (I-963)

12/22/10 - I got my sealed mail(I-963)

01/25/11 - Day 000 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (USPS Express Mail)

01/26/11 - Day 001 - Delivered to Chicago IL, Lockbox

01/31/11 - Day 005 - Checks cashed

02/09/11 - Day 014 - NOA received in the mail

02/14/11 - Day 019 - Received Biometric appointment dated 2/2/2011, for 2/24/2011

02/24/11 - Day 029 - Biometric done

02/28/11 - Day 033 - Called USCIS regarding not seeing my cases online

03/24/11 - Day 057 - 2 receipts number appeared online EAD & AP approved

03/29/11 - Day 062 - USCIS ordered production of the EAD card

04/02/11 - Day 066 - EAD & AP "combined" card received

04/05/11 - Day 069 - Apllied for my SSN

04/11/11 - Day 075 - Social Security Card received

06/06/11 - Day 131 - Started to work - my bday - my second year in USA

08/22/11 - Day 1?? - Received by mail AOS interview on 09/26/11 @ 1:45pm Federal Plaza

08/27/11 - Day 1?? - Received by mail Cancellation of the interview.

08/29/11 - Day 1?? - Received by mail AOS interview on 10/03/11 @ 9:00am Holtsville (Long Island)

10/03/11 - Day 1?? - Green Card Approved "On October 3,2011,we ordered production of your new card" (appeared online)

Timeline

Hello All,

We received a text&email this morning stating an appointment notice has been set for an interview for August 11th.

Good luck all!

Hello,

We had our interview yesterday in Garden City. It's kind of a pain to get to (we live by the LIRR in Woodside, Queens). Our appointment was scheduled for 10 but we arrived around 9:10.

The lady in the counter told us we were a little early but told us to wait by section B.

We waited for about an hour and another lady called our names to a second waiting room.

Here we waiting for about 20 minutes for our names to be called for an interview.

A very very polite gentleman interviewed us. He was extremely nice. It seemed he read our file as he knew the field I work in and what type of company (I am the husband/sponsor btw).

He asked how we met, what type of work I do and my wife does.

Asked for wedding pictures (I showed him our wedding scrap book)

He asked for another loose picture to put on the file.

We actually talked about current events.

He asked my wife if she performed criminal activity.

He then approved my wife's greencard and explained that it was conditional and we had to reapply in 2 years to remove the conditional status.

I had read other bad experiences with offices at this location, which I was concerned about, but this whole process was not uneasy at all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hello,

We had our interview yesterday in Garden City. It's kind of a pain to get to (we live by the LIRR in Woodside, Queens). Our appointment was scheduled for 10 but we arrived around 9:10.

The lady in the counter told us we were a little early but told us to wait by section B.

We waited for about an hour and another lady called our names to a second waiting room.

Here we waiting for about 20 minutes for our names to be called for an interview.

A very very polite gentleman interviewed us. He was extremely nice. It seemed he read our file as he knew the field I work in and what type of company (I am the husband/sponsor btw).

He then approved my wife's greencard and explained that it was conditional and we had to reapply in 2 years to remove the conditional status.

I had read other bad experiences with offices at this location, which I was concerned about, but this whole process was not uneasy at all.

Congrats :)

thanks for sharing your experience

we're also heading to Garden City and i am worried about how much of a pain it will be to get there.... we'll just have to make time for it i guess

congratulations :)

Hello,

9/14/2010 - Married -

11/01/2010 - I-130 & I-485 filed -

11/03/2010 - Received at Chicago address Fed Ex delivered - (Day1)

11/08/2010 - Received Text and email confirmation, checks cashed - (Day6)

11/12/2010 - Received Hard Copy NOA's - (Day10)

11/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment scheduled for December 8th - (Day11)

11/17/2010 - Successful Biometrics walk in - (Day14)

06/14/2011 - still nothing, no online update since 11/17/2010. so frustrated (Day lost count)

08/03/2011 - received email that interview is scheduled for 09/08/2011

09/08/2011 - interview Garden City - received first card production ordered email :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi all,

We had a smooth interview last Thursday, Aug 11th at the Federal Plaza. Approved for GC in 114 days since submitting in April!

Our IO was very nice. In extremely good mood, prob cuz he just came back from a vacation. Asked us for some new joint bank or utility bills, and if we had some pictures to show him. We loaded all our pictures into an ipad, and printed out 20 color powerpoint slides with picture highlights for him to keep in our file. He didn't ask to see any of our ipad pictures, just flipped through the 70+ pictures on powerpoint print out. He asked how we met, when we got married, what we do for a living and went down the standard list of "yes" "no" questions from the forms. He also made a copy of both our passports and photo IDs. The whole process was very cheerful, the three of us joked around a lot :) At the end he commented on how we look like we have a lot of fun together, and approved us right on the spot. Hope I will be receiving GC in mail next week.

For those of you just about to submit, I highly recommend being organized about your forms, follow instructions on USCIS website, about how to put the packet together and type out your forms if you can. I think an organized, easy to navigate packet definitely helped move our case faster. Our IO was very impressed by how nice our packet was, asked if I had done it before and even suggest that I could do it for a side job :P

Good luck to all!

Edited by nyteagirl

AOS

04-18-11: courthouse married in NYC

04-19-11: mailed AOS packet via Fedex overnite

04-20-11: AOS packet received (day 1)

04-25-11: USCIS text&email (day 6)

04-26-11: USCIS cashed checks for I-130 & I-485 (day 7)

04-28-11: received NOA1 in mail for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 forms (day 9)

05-02-11: received NOA2 in mail for I-485 & I-765 biometric appointment on 5/23 (day 13)

05-03-11: walk-in for I-485 & I-765 Biometrics at Varick St. (day 14)

05-12-11: called USCIS to request for expediting EAD (day 23)

05-20-11: received RFE in mail dated 5/16 for expediting EAD (day 31)

05-23-11: faxed documents for expediting EAD (day 34)

05-26-11: USCIS website update, production of EAD card (day 37)

06-04-11: Received EAD&AP combo card in mail!!! (day 46)

07-11-11: Received interview notice in mail for Aug 11 (day 83)

08-11-11: Smooth interview at Federal Plaza and AOS approved on the spot! (day 114)

Received an email this morning informing us that we have an interview Sept. 20, thank good because it seems like forever we have been waiting God is good, all the best for the rest of December filers waiting for interviews or dates. :blush::innocent::thumbs::dance:

Testing and Interview

On August 15, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for September 20, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER.

Got the interview letter in the mail today totally unexpected it was mailed from August 11, but the update this morning said it was mail today August 15....God is awesome always right on time, Thank you God for your blessing. :thumbs:

Edited by CrazyD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Friends,

Quick question...

Does the sponsoring spouse, the US citizen, NEED to have a passport for the interview?

Or an original copy of birth certificate and US issued ID enough?

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Does the sponsoring spouse, the US citizen, NEED to have a passport for the interview?

Or an original copy of birth certificate and US issued ID enough?

The original of the document that was used as proof of citizenship on the I-130 application is needed. So if a copy of the birth certificate was sent in, then the original should be brought to the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I'm a December Filer, I received an email and text on August 16th for my Interview at Federal Plaza on September 21, 2011, keeping my fingers crossed that I will have a good Experience.....will f/u with Interview :)

Edited by john2011

Timeline

Hi All im Jan 13 Filer, I got on my Interview for Sept 26 :):thumbs::dance: :dance: its about time!!!!

Hi All, I'm Jan 27th Filer, I got by mail my interview on Sept 27th Federal Plaza

Best,

Hakim

06/06/09 - Enter U.S, it was also my bday

11/12/10 - Got Married

12/16/10 - Medical Examination (I-963)

12/22/10 - I got my sealed mail(I-963)

01/25/11 - Day 000 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (USPS Express Mail)

01/26/11 - Day 001 - Delivered to Chicago IL, Lockbox

01/31/11 - Day 005 - Checks cashed

02/09/11 - Day 014 - NOA received in the mail

02/14/11 - Day 019 - Received Biometric appointment dated 2/2/2011, for 2/24/2011

02/24/11 - Day 029 - Biometric done

02/28/11 - Day 033 - Called USCIS regarding not seeing my cases online

03/24/11 - Day 057 - 2 receipts number appeared online EAD & AP approved

03/29/11 - Day 062 - USCIS ordered production of the EAD card

04/02/11 - Day 066 - EAD & AP "combined" card received

04/05/11 - Day 069 - Apllied for my SSN

04/11/11 - Day 075 - Social Security Card received

06/06/11 - Day 131 - Started to work - my bday - my second year in USA

08/22/11 - Day 1?? - Received by mail AOS interview on 09/26/11 @ 1:45pm Federal Plaza

08/27/11 - Day 1?? - Received by mail Cancellation of the interview.

08/29/11 - Day 1?? - Received by mail AOS interview on 10/03/11 @ 9:00am Holtsville (Long Island)

10/03/11 - Day 1?? - Green Card Approved "On October 3,2011,we ordered production of your new card" (appeared online)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

WOW sweet!!! They're processing end of Jan, which means March isn't too far ahead!!!

N-400 Progress

10/18/14 Sent the N-400 Application visa USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.