DouglasSheridan

a never ending list of things that need accomplishing?

24 posts in this topic

I could sleep a whole day away myself personally!

Thanks for the added advice and britbird, thanks for sharing your story too..... makes one feel less alone in their emotions....guess the "women think, men do" saying Jaylen mentioned might come in handy after all huh, perhaps it is just this simple.

Well, today I shall be off being spoiled with attention ( I hope) as I'm off celebrating yet another bday...27 today, the age my Mom was when she gave birth to me..... quite special!

So waiting for my hun to come home from work and being real positive about what is to come for us!

Love

Sheridan x

Edited by DouglasSheridan

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

OP, from reading your post, it sound like the best thing for you to do is to stop being so selfish, independent, and proud and start to be part of a team. You sound like a spoiled child who needs a time out. Me me me me me me me, that's all you seem to be saying.

making it look easy since::::April, 2005::::

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Sheridan has come a long way to be here with her husband, and challenges during the adjustment process are inevitable. I don't think those challenges make her, or her husband, a bad person. Some time, communication, and understanding will sort those things out.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

OP, from reading your post, it sound like the best thing for you to do is to stop being so selfish, independent, and proud and start to be part of a team. You sound like a spoiled child who needs a time out. Me me me me me me me, that's all you seem to be saying.

solamentemiyti......Always comes up with something nice to say..... :thumbs:

solamentemiyti......Always comes up with something nice to say..... :thumbs:

Shame it isn't 'goodbye' :lol:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs: Good going sheridan! I've found that venting a little here on VJ gets the communication going at home! Looks like it works for you too. Your latest post is much more positive :yes:

***pssst*** just ignore really stupid comments that have absolutely no relevance!

****mutters "stooopid chopf##k who will not be named****

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

boy, who put that one in a bad mood, guess he didnt go to lay down with anyone last night!

It's not bout me me me , its bout my husband and me finding a balance, you know what dude/dudette, the day you walk a mile in my shoes is the day you can guess what I'm like, who I am! Until then, if you aint got something interesting to say, then dont say it at all, a waste of yours and my time!

For the rest, thanks guys, I'm sure they'll be some clouds here and there, but Love rules, right?

Edited by DouglasSheridan

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

smc's newest username?! :lol:

You sound perfectly reasonable, Sheridan. It's about give and take, and finding your balance. You'll get there!

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Good luck and welcome back, Sheridan!

It takes a while to get used to each other's quirks and habits and to make room for each other. Whenever I see my husband nowadays, we go through this readjustment-to-married-life phase, but after calming down and talking it through, everything goes back to functioning-as-a-couple-mode. When still living together, we found it helpful to reserve a few minutes every day to do nothing else but spend time together (no computer, no phone, etc).

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.