Steve64

Wrote to Congressman. Im past 5 months

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats maybe good for u but not for others . (1 ) --u can just jump on a plane or take a road trip and see yr fiancee once a month , (2) It is easy and cheap to communicate with each other , (3) Maybe you guys have all the time in the world before you marry and start a family , (4) you dont miss having yr love ones close to u . I am just saying :lol: . Calling or sending a request to my congressman is my democratic right as a Us citizen .

Right dude! :thumbs: having far from each other really suck!and 5months waiting that is enough,cause some being approved for less than a month and why they couldn't just do it for those who waited for many months?if the reason only was for training why they wont choose those papers who already stock, and it's in bottom.

K1 Timeline

October 6 2010--NOA1

March 7 2011----NOA2

March 14 2011---Visa fee Paid @ BPI

March 15 2011---NVC sent our case to Usem(Manila)

March 16 2011---Medical exam (passed!whooo!)Thank you God!

March 17 2011---Vaccination done

March 22 2011---Scheduled Interview(april 28 2011),Usem just uploaded our case(i think)

March 23 2011---Rescheduled Interview(April 13,2011),after many trials online scheduling,with the help of guy agent from Usem call center,he changed my password online.

April 13,2011---Interview(plsss God Guide us...!^_^)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I see a trend which s different between two centers. Those past 5 months mark from Cali likely get some response whn they use congressman help, whereas VSC filers gotta chill and not to expect much attention, because the backlog is too huge by now for them to take in to account hundreds of the same story requests.

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If everybody starts calling them at the drop of a hat they are just going to become useless....

OR ... maybe they will notice there is an unusually high number of calls from people and see that the USCIS is not adjudicating petitions within the timeframes and take some action. Most Congressional offices track the nature of the calls they receive from constituents and report them to the Representative. Silence on a particular issue is interpreted as "Everything is okay".

At a minimum, there is no harm in contacting your Representative. If your lucky, it helps get your case adjudicated. At best, the entire process is illuminated and the process is somehow improved.

Filed: Timeline

hi!

well based on our case, our congresswoman wont be a helped at all.. we did tried to contact them several times, through phone and email, we sent them written consent stating that we authorized them to follow up our case on our behalf but they told us the same thing, that its still under the estimated processing time..

what we did, when we reach exactly 5mos, we called the CSC.. and right then we putted on request... then everything follows, badly we received an RFE.. just check my timeline and see how everything happened... i hope u received your approval anytime soon.. God bless :star:

You called the California Service Center directly? Can you please share that number? I may need to call them if our case takes more than 5 month. Please, and thank you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi I am also close to my 5 month period and wanted to contact my rep April 10th when the 5 months is up. Can you use this website --> https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml ? Or do I need to write more of a formal letter to them or call them? Any advice or help is appreciated!

Filed: Timeline

Hi I am also close to my 5 month period and wanted to contact my rep April 10th when the 5 months is up. Can you use this website --> https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml ? Or do I need to write more of a formal letter to them or call them? Any advice or help is appreciated!

i went directly to my congressmans website and there they had a section "constituent services" and underneath a section "help with federal agencies" and on that page it told you what u needed to do. it involved mailing or faxing a privacy release for with your details about your case and concern.

call your senators office directly if there is no form on their website, they should have a protocol and you dont want your email getting lost in a sea of general concerns

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i went directly to my congressmans website and there they had a section "constituent services" and underneath a section "help with federal agencies" and on that page it told you what u needed to do. it involved mailing or faxing a privacy release for with your details about your case and concern.

call your senators office directly if there is no form on their website, they should have a protocol and you dont want your email getting lost in a sea of general concerns

Ok great thank you so much~! :star:

Timeline

+1 :thumbs:

if everyone called after 5 months and 1 day waiting, the system would be clogged up, over-burdened and useless.

My heart goes out to those waiting, but using the "heavy artillery" when a field rifle will do, is not being a smart player in the game of life.

A wise man once said, "good things come to those who wait."

:star:

Well not everyone is going to call after 5 months. It`s as simple as that. In addition how many times in a average persons life do they call a Congressman ? 1 or 2 times? These guys are there to represent us. In fact I believe the USCIS asks us to call or contact them if it is past the 5 month processing time. The people at the USCIS calling center are just telling you what you already know. The congressman's office gets in contact with the service center directly. Why do you think Congressmen have aides that handle the different dept of the govt ?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just my opinion..But it really bugs me when people start calling they're congressmen after waiting only 5 months or so,why don't you just hang on untill you actualy have something important to deal with,unstead of the trivial "I waited 5 months now lets call in the army!" this doesen't happen overnight folks,It's a long drawn out process mine took over a year and I never called my congressman..relax and have some patiance.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil!

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Timeline

Just my opinion..But it really bugs me when people start calling they're congressmen after waiting only 5 months or so,why don't you just hang on untill you actualy have something important to deal with,unstead of the trivial "I waited 5 months now lets call in the army!" this doesen't happen overnight folks,It's a long drawn out process mine took over a year and I never called my congressman..relax and have some patiance.

According to your timeline, the longest you had to wait with no response from a government agency was 112 days. I think most of us here would be more patient if we heard SOMETHING regarding our case. It's been over 160 days for me with no word from the VSC.

I-129F Sent: 2010-09-29

I-129F NOA1: 2010-10-05

I-129F NOA2: 2011-04-05

Interview: 2011-5-16 - Approved!

Received Visa: 2011-05-23

US Entry: 2011-06-03 (Newark)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

For those here complaining that it is a waste/bothersome for the Senator/Congressman to be contacted.

Let me just say, a few years ago I worked in a Senators office.

First off, the Senator has ZERO to do with anything such as this, half the time that "signed" name on a letter isn't even his, it's from one of his high level staffers who have the authority to sign his name. The Senator will only get involved if its "Oh my GOD IMPORTANT", such as the case with the guy from New Jersey and his Brazilian wife who ran off with his kid.

Second, a Senator/Congressman has NUMEROUS staffers. The one I worked for had around 30. Those 30 do all the "bothersome" work many here think the Senator does. There are staffers for all those "constituent services" you see listed on the sites of your representatives.

Third, as elected officials, they are there to serve the public and more specifically their constituents. It is not "harassment" or anything else. Who are you, as a person, to tell someone what is important or not enough to contact their representative about?

In the end, some people are either A) Too lazy to do the extra work and bag on those who do B)Very patient, which is a good thing to have. C)Have no idea how the government works and don't understand that they will sandbag you if you don't keep on top of them. or D) Just total ******** who get all high and mighty after they get their NOA2 (majority never even waited close to 5 months either).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.