Glasswindow

3 weeks and still nothing?

25 posts in this topic

My fiancee sent the paperwork in 3 weeks ago for the I-129f form and we haven't got a response at all. No notice that they've received it, they have not taken the money out of our account yet and I'm just a little worried because I'd really like the process to get started. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Also it might have something to do with the fact that we sent it to the Vermont center. I read from multiple places that it had closed but some people said it was still open, I'm not sure what to believe and if it is closed what will happen to our visa?

Thanks

Also it might have something to do with the fact that we sent it to the Vermont center. I read from multiple places that it had closed but some people said it was still open, I'm not sure what to believe and if it is closed what will happen to our visa?

Thanks

Hi! Is this for the K1 visa? It should be sent to Texas not in Vermont. Although your docs will be routed either to Vermont or California depends on the state you're at. We sent our I-129f feb 28 and got out first notice of action March 7.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

I dont know, really. Did you make any copies of what you sent? Like a replica of it? If so and if I were you, I will send it again to TEXAS. But since you made a check for your payment, I advice to call USCIS for clarification. :)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Everyone's right - it should've been sent to Texas - you have the address in I-129f instructions. What happens now:

either

1. It gets rejected and sent back to you - then you just have to resend it to the right lockbox.

or

2. they will send it to the lockbox and the lockbox will allocate to appropriate service centre ( not very likely I think, but maybe that's why it's taking so long for you to hear anything)

I think they need to follow the protocol for that. I'd suggest giving them a call at 1-800-375-5283.

Edited by ER Team :)

My fiancee sent the paperwork in 3 weeks ago for the I-129f form and we haven't got a response at all. No notice that they've received it, they have not taken the money out of our account yet and I'm just a little worried because I'd really like the process to get started. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks

Just curious, where exactly did she get the idea that she should send it to Vermont? The instructions for the I-129F clearly state that it should be sent to the Dallas Lockbox and Vermont is not mentioned even one time in the entire 7 page. I've heard of this happening a couple of times before and I am just wondering where this misinformation about the address comes from.

http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just curious, where exactly did she get the idea that she should send it to Vermont? The instructions for the I-129F clearly state that it should be sent to the Dallas Lockbox and Vermont is not mentioned even one time in the entire 7 page. I've heard of this happening a couple of times before and I am just wondering where this misinformation about the address comes from.

http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf

I'm actually curious as well! In our case...all the misinformation we came across came from our lawyer!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So what is going to happen to our paperwork?

And yes it is for the K-1 visa

The Vermont Service Center will most likely forward your package to Lewisville, Texas for "intake", after which it will be sent back to Vermont or to California. Heaven only knows what other issues will come up as a result of your failure to carefully study the I-129F instructions, that clearly state where to mail the package.

When you don't study instructions, you never know what you didn't know.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks

Who knows but you sent it to the wrong address. They may accept it, or send it back to Texas for proper processing or return it to you.

It will pay to thoroughly read the instructions of each form in the future; you will have other forms to send to specific places.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It'll get sent to the right place or mailed back to you. If you want to run the risk, resend it to the proper place with a new check although they may cash both checks...

They could cancel that one check already sent in and they reject the package that they might never process anyways. Could then resend everything in again with a new check to the correct address. I would read the requirements and the correct process and update/correct anything wrong in their petition and then send in a whole new updated/correct newly signed forms. Most likely there were other mistakes they made.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

The Vermont Service Center will most likely forward your package to Lewisville, Texas for "intake", after which it will be sent back to Vermont or to California. Heaven only knows what other issues will come up as a result of your failure to carefully study the I-129F instructions, that clearly state where to mail the package.

When you don't study instructions, you never know what you didn't know.

Hmmmm. I have two different I-129F forms. One came from my local office and the other I downloaded off line. Two different address. One in TX, the other in VT. There is a website where you enter your zip code and it tells you where to mail your form. I did this and it told me VT. I am glad I read this topic before mailing my packet in.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hmmmm. I have two different I-129F forms. One came from my local office and the other I downloaded off line. Two different address. One in TX, the other in VT. There is a website where you enter your zip code and it tells you where to mail your form. I did this and it told me VT. I am glad I read this topic before mailing my packet in.

You download both the latest form and latest instructions from USCIS.gov All I-129F petitions for fiancee go to the lockbox in Texas and have for some time now.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just my thought:

The member was not asking to be lectured about Mailing and may have made a mistake I see.

Apparently did not get a Confirmation that it was recieved by the USPO. Thus, no tracking.

It takes alot of hard time and work to assemble a petition.

I agree, they should have heard something by now. Even sent to the wrong Box. This member was not looking for someone to say: You did'nt read enough...

I think if the petition was properly done.. The Department of Homeland Security will cash the check. NOA1 Accepted. If not, the petition will be returned so it can be resent.

Don't worry.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.