Mal and Meg

Question on I-131

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Im shortly going to be applying for my adjustmen of status but i have a question about the I-131

I currently dont know if i will need to leave America in the coming months before iv completed my adjustment of status

so is there any point in me applying for the authorization to return?

Can i just apply just incase I need to go anywhere out of America?

K1 Timeline
07/01/10- K1 Mailed
07/16/10- NOA1 Hardcopy
12/15/10- NOA2 Hardcopy Received
02/16/11- Interview at 10am London Embassy
02/24/11- Visa in Hand
02/27/11- POE - Minneapolis

AOS Timeline
04/22/11- AOS, EAD, AP sent today
04/28/11- AOS, EAD, AP Notice Date
05/04/11- Hard copy of NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
05/12/11- Early Biometric walk in(Scheduled for 05/31/2011)
05/12/11- I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
06/13/11- AOS approved, card production ordered
06/20/11- Green Card Recieved

ROC Timeline

04/25/13- ROC package sent

04/26/13- ROC pack delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yeah though i just wasnt sure how to fill it in

K1 Timeline
07/01/10- K1 Mailed
07/16/10- NOA1 Hardcopy
12/15/10- NOA2 Hardcopy Received
02/16/11- Interview at 10am London Embassy
02/24/11- Visa in Hand
02/27/11- POE - Minneapolis

AOS Timeline
04/22/11- AOS, EAD, AP sent today
04/28/11- AOS, EAD, AP Notice Date
05/04/11- Hard copy of NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
05/12/11- Early Biometric walk in(Scheduled for 05/31/2011)
05/12/11- I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
06/13/11- AOS approved, card production ordered
06/20/11- Green Card Recieved

ROC Timeline

04/25/13- ROC package sent

04/26/13- ROC pack delivered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Enter info on Part 1

Select Part 2.D

Enter date and length of trip on Part 3.1 and Part 3.2

Answer Part 3.3

Since this is Advance Parole Document, skip Part 3.4 - Part 3.5 and go to Part 7

Also, you need to create a letter for the advance parole document and print it. Sample letter below.

<Today's Date>

USCIS

P.O. Box xxxxx

City, State Zip

RE: A-<alien number>

Application For Advance Parole

Dear Sir/Madam:

The purpose of this letter is to request an advance parole document. I anticipate that I will be required to travel abroad for personal reasons to <insert home country> and elsewhere. I will return to the United States to pursue my adjustment of status application. For this reason, I respectfully request that you grant my request an advance parole valid for multiple entries for as long as possible under your current guidelines.

Thank you for your kind consideration of this application.

Sincerely,

<Your name>

Edited by Haarp425

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Yeah though i just wasnt sure how to fill it in

Put "unknown" for date and length of trip.

There's an AOS thread in my signature that has the documents you need to attach. while you don't NEED to apply for it, you never know if you'll be one of the people who's file gets stuck somewhere and you're waiting 2 years (like one poor girl.. another has been waiting FOUR years :S)

Timeline
Enter info on Part 1

Select Part 2.D

Enter date and length of trip on Part 3.1 and Part 3.2

Answer Part 3.3

Since this is Advance Parole Document, skip Part 3.4 - Part 3.5 and go to Part 7

Also, you need to create a letter for the advance parole document and print it. Sample letter below.

Actually you're wrong. There is NO document required for AP such as the example you gave. It's all there in the instructions that for AOS applicants it's not required.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually you're wrong. There is NO document required for AP such as the example you gave. It's all there in the instructions that for AOS applicants it's not required.

Please explain where in the instructions it says that..

I have looked and I just cant seem to find the info, but now I can finsh the I131 for my wife.

Thanks

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-04-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-06-01

Interview Date : 2010-08-12

Interview Result : Approved

Timeline
Please explain where in the instructions it says that..

I have looked and I just cant seem to find the info, but now I can finsh the I131 for my wife.

Thanks

Well aside from me doing it, and everyone else that followed the AOS guide in my signature doing it without issue, it's here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-131instr.pdf page 4, step 2, 1, C, it says:

A. document showing present status (this is the K1 visa) AND

B. explanation or other evidence OR

C. if you're an AOS applicant your NOA1

So basically you do A and C (because you pick B or C). "C" asks for the NOA1 but so does the EAD for proof that you don't need to pay the fee, BUT because you're filing concurrently you don't include the NOA1 (just like you don't need to include it for the EAD app).

Read the AOS guide in my signature. It will give you the required doc lists. I was approved without RFE and without interview. Trust me, no special letter required.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.