ledo2131

The worst interview experience :(

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I just got back from my citizenship interview and they can not made a decision. They are asking for more documentations to show that I was in a bona fide marriage since I was separate before I removed conditional green card. To make matter worse, I hired the WORST immigration to come with me and had advised and gave me wrong information.

Anyone in here have had the same experience? I am very disappointed! I'm in the process of gathering all of the evidence and documentations.

Any good advice for further action?

Thank you!

Very disappointed applicant :(

My lawyer told me that it is okay to be separated and still file for I-751 as long as your citizenship spouse still sponsor you. Also the separation date wasn't correct on the divorce paper, my lawyer insisted that it would not be an issue but it sure did.

My advice to everyone in here. Sometime you can not really have too much faith in your immigration lawyer. I prepared all of the documentations to prove that it is bona fide marriage I would have show everything to IO but again my lawyer said not necessary. I can go on and on... now my lawyer is asking me for more thousands of dollars to put gather paper together for me. Sorry, I could have done it myself-- making copies and gather everything together and mail the package. **SIGH** This is very depressing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My lawyer told me that it is okay to be separated and still file for I-751 as long as your citizenship spouse still sponsor you. Also the separation date wasn't correct on the divorce paper, my lawyer insisted that it would not be an issue but it sure did.

My advice to everyone in here. Sometime you can not really have too much faith in your immigration lawyer. I prepared all of the documentations to prove that it is bona fide marriage I would have show everything to IO but again my lawyer said not necessary. I can go on and on... now my lawyer is asking me for more thousands of dollars to put gather paper together for me. Sorry, I could have done it myself-- making copies and gather everything together and mail the package. **SIGH** This is very depressing!

When you filed I-751 (removal of conditions), did you file jointly (with your ex-wife) or with a waiver of the joint signature?

Also, why did you bother bring an attorney for N400?? It's the easiest form ever after form AR-11!

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello, Sorry to hear that. But as i read u werent denied, the IO was asking for more DOCs to Prove that ur Marriage was in a good faith. Just try to gather some documents u have and send it to them. including the one u sent. because some IO. needs extra pair of glasses. u send them the papers they need, and they back ask for it again.

as i said u werent Denied. but i call this Dely. So plz send the DOCs they requested within 30 Days.

Good Luck, and waiting for ur update.

Edited by Sand

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you for all your replies I will keep it posted! I got panic because that was the first thing IO said to me "I don't think you will get approved today" (after I asked about the ceremony process)

peobably the reason he said that, because he wants some more Papers thats all.

Just relax. and the good news i can see is. he asked for more papres. which it means that everything went well except 1 thing he wants to be added to ur file.

Good Luck.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry to be negative,

but they may deny you citizenship and they may even revoke the GC. If you were separated at the time when you filed I-751 you should have filed with a waiver. Joint filing is only possible when your marriage is viable and if you are separated... obviously it was not.

If you filed for divorce prior to I-751 approval, that is also a problem, that can lead to the consequences above.

You definitely should fire your lawyer though!

Hello,

I just got back from my citizenship interview and they can not made a decision. They are asking for more documentations to show that I was in a bona fide marriage since I was separate before I removed conditional green card. To make matter worse, I hired the WORST immigration to come with me and had advised and gave me wrong information.

Anyone in here have had the same experience? I am very disappointed! I'm in the process of gathering all of the evidence and documentations.

Any good advice for further action?

Thank you!

Very disappointed applicant :(

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Sorry to be negative,

but they may deny you citizenship and they may even revoke the GC. If you were separated at the time when you filed I-751 you should have filed with a waiver. Joint filing is only possible when your marriage is viable and if you are separated... obviously it was not.

If you filed for divorce prior to I-751 approval, that is also a problem, that can lead to the consequences above.

You definitely should fire your lawyer though!

I was going to post the exact same thing.

If they're looking into the timing of your ROC vs Separation vs Divorce then you could be in for a rough time as is sounds like you should have filed single with the "divorce waiver".

Since the Conditional part of your Greencard was being married to a USC then this difference might even constitute Material Misrepresentation which is #2 on their No-No list only to False Claim of US Citizenship.

You need to get some really good advice from a Competent Immigration Lawyer ASAP...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was going to post the exact same thing.

If they're looking into the timing of your ROC vs Separation vs Divorce then you could be in for a rough time as is sounds like you should have filed single with the "divorce waiver".

Since the Conditional part of your Greencard was being married to a USC then this difference might even constitute Material Misrepresentation which is #2 on their No-No list only to False Claim of US Citizenship.

You need to get some really good advice from a Competent Immigration Lawyer ASAP...

That's exactly right. Why do you think people go through the trouble of filing with a waiver even if they're still legally married at the time of filing i-751?

Why triggered them to know that you and your wife have separated?? Also, were you and your wife interviewed when you filed for I-751?

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Well but we got back together just a couple months after first separation. And things were fine when we filed jointly for I-751. And did not get divorce till 2 years later. Well I need to fired my lawyer since she advised me not to say explain anything at all! I guess I forgot my common sense at home..just let the lawyer set me up for more money. Shame on me! LOL

I have solid evidence and documentations since 2003 by the way. Car loans together, mortgage, insurance, checking, saving, Roth IRA accounts ect. Tons of trips together plus my ex-spouse is willing to write affidavit support for me. If this doesn't work out then I will give up to pursue citizenship. I'm sure other people have to sent RFI during N-400, this can not be just me. *SIGH*

Thanks again everyone!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

If things are on the up and up then there isn't anything to worry about but it would seem apparent that the IO is suspicious.

A statement from your ex-wife wouldn't help you as they're already suspicious that she's complicit if there was any monkey business so any statements from her would be self-serving as USC faces stiff penalties for helping with Immigration Fraud.

You best evidence would be anything that demonstrates your separation was resolved and you thought the marriage was on solid grounds when you filed & interviewed for ROC. Proof that you cohabitated & mingled finances for a couple of more years would be good.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Really don't have to have marriage fraud problems to have a bad interview, can also be accused of battery charges when you were 17 months old living in a different country you are expected to prove you are innocent of. If Russ Feingold didn't give me a personal introduction to Herb Kohl, the senator that deals with the south part of state, don't know what I would have done, this new guy, Ron Johnson, never even heard of the USCIS. But he promises to cut taxes.

Your post is a bit choppy, did you remarry in your process? That would be a negative against you, three ways to come here, the lottery, work visa, and marriage, they really pick on marriage. Wifes' IO really drilled her on this subject with a rather long 43 minute interview of which less than two minutes was spent with the civics and English tests, wanting to see all of our evidence, original divorce and marriage certificate and read our joint tax returns with a fine tooth comb. Even asked for a worthless joint utility bill, surprise, we had one, even though that is not even called for a evidence of a valid marriage. But she passed where then her application was "accidentally" misplaced. Then accused of being a prostitute three times! Russ fixed that in a hurry with even a letter of apology from the office manager and an immediate oath ceremony, not common to that crazy St. Paul office, and no, she did not wear a Packers jacket to the interview. Still don't know why we were not assigned to the Milwaukee office, but there is where we had all of our biometrics appointments.

Feel the I-751 is a bit worthless, ignoring is a form of a abuse, all a spouse has to do is to ask you a question and if you don't respond in a half a second, can claim abuse, get a divorce and still get their ten year card. Just saying there are options. Interviews are rare for the I-751, and we were never called in, another headache, with many calls to the USCIS, those idiots never knew our application was sent from Nebraska to California and said we had to wait due to that fictitious processing date posted by that irresponsible USCIS. That was the first time I called Russ, his Rebeca squared that up in minutes, and ten days later, just days before that stupid one year extension was going to expire, those cards came in. Just saying, they are lax on the I-751, but can really hit you during your N-400 interview, my wife was. God, I wish I was with her on her interview, least for the marriage evidence part, from what my wife told me, her IO was an idiot. But these were our problems, what about yours?

Were you legally separated at the time you applied for the I-751? That would be a major problem, plus getting remarried afterwards. What would really tip the scales if married to a person from your home country. These details were left out. You stated you had an attorney with you at the interview, what about filing the I-751, was an attorney involved with that as well with poor advice? As long as you can prove this marriage was entered in good faith, shouldn't be a problem, but should have been specified in the I-751 application. Really don't know what to say about that.

Really don't have to have marriage fraud problems to have a bad interview, can also be accused of battery charges when you were 17 months old living in a different country you are expected to prove you are innocent of. If Russ Feingold didn't give me a personal introduction to Herb Kohl, the senator that deals with the south part of state, don't know what I would have done, this new guy, Ron Johnson, never even heard of the USCIS. But he promises to cut taxes.

Your post is a bit choppy, did you remarry in your process? That would be a negative against you, three ways to come here, the lottery, work visa, and marriage, they really pick on marriage. Wifes' IO really drilled her on this subject with a rather long 43 minute interview of which less than two minutes was spent with the civics and English tests, wanting to see all of our evidence, original divorce and marriage certificate and read our joint tax returns with a fine tooth comb. Even asked for a worthless joint utility bill, surprise, we had one, even though that is not even called for a evidence of a valid marriage. But she passed where then her application was "accidentally" misplaced. Then accused of being a prostitute three times! Russ fixed that in a hurry with even a letter of apology from the office manager and an immediate oath ceremony, not common to that crazy St. Paul office, and no, she did not wear a Packers jacket to the interview. Still don't know why we were not assigned to the Milwaukee office, but there is where we had all of our biometrics appointments.

Feel the I-751 is a bit worthless, ignoring is a form of a abuse, all a spouse has to do is to ask you a question and if you don't respond in a half a second, can claim abuse, get a divorce and still get their ten year card. Just saying there are options. Interviews are rare for the I-751, and we were never called in, another headache, with many calls to the USCIS, those idiots never knew our application was sent from Nebraska to California and said we had to wait due to that fictitious processing date posted by that irresponsible USCIS. That was the first time I called Russ, his Rebeca squared that up in minutes, and ten days later, just days before that stupid one year extension was going to expire, those cards came in. Just saying, they are lax on the I-751, but can really hit you during your N-400 interview, my wife was. God, I wish I was with her on her interview, least for the marriage evidence part, from what my wife told me, her IO was an idiot. But these were our problems, what about yours?

Were you legally separated at the time you applied for the I-751? That would be a major problem, plus getting remarried afterwards. What would really tip the scales if married to a person from your home country. These details were left out. You stated you had an attorney with you at the interview, what about filing the I-751, was an attorney involved with that as well with poor advice? As long as you can prove this marriage was entered in good faith, shouldn't be a problem, but should have been specified in the I-751 application. Really don't know what to say about that.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. No I did not remarry in the process or anything like that. The only issue is that we were separated before I-751 was approved. They are asking for papers I will send them.

Here is the list of everything, please let me know if this look good:

1) A student loan account - in both of our names

2) Joint Bank account (both saving and checking from 2003-2007)

3) Joint auto insurance (from 2004-2007)

4) Joint Baily Gym membership.

5) Joint Health insurance (United health care from 2004-2006)

6) 401(k) account together (when we were marriage)

7) Pictures with family and friends (trips together)

8) Loan account together from a furniture store.

9) A letter from my old boss as a affidavit support.

10) Money market account in both of our names. (account closed on 2009)

11) Tax returns from 2004 -2007 (files jointly)

That is all I have so far..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.