ledo2131

The worst interview experience :(

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. No I did not remarry in the process or anything like that. The only issue is that we were separated before I-751 was approved. They are asking for papers I will send them.

Here is the list of everything, please let me know if this look good:

1) A student loan account - in both of our names

2) Joint Bank account (both saving and checking from 2003-2007)

3) Joint auto insurance (from 2004-2007)

4) Joint Baily Gym membership.

5) Joint Health insurance (United health care from 2004-2006)

6) 401(k) account together (when we were marriage)

7) Pictures with family and friends (trips together)

8) Loan account together from a furniture store.

9) A letter from my old boss as a affidavit support.

10) Money market account in both of our names. (account closed on 2009)

11) Tax returns from 2004 -2007 (files jointly)

That is all I have so far..

So you never had a legal separation, just some kind of disagreement you thought would work out. Big thing was your marriage done in good faith? Would work on that, even with a testimony from your ex.

Even without immigration, half of the marriages end up in divorce anyway. Swore after my divorce, if they read me the divorce laws with my first and only other marriage, would have never married her in the first place. And this stuff about the holy part of it must only work half the time. I got a winner now, a woman with the same bad experiences that I had. She is a keeper, going on seven years that have been the happiest of my wife. Only downfall with our marriage was the stress and the tension caused by the USCIS not to mention the expense, that isn't tax deductible by the way.

You certainly seem sincere to me, wish you the best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Why was a lawyer needed in your Citizenship process :whistle: N400 is ridiculously easy to file without the assistance of an attorney.

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Timeline

Post violating the TOS has been removed. Any more such posts will earn you a thread ban. Post quoting removed post has been returned below.

My fiancée was overseas for over two years, USCIS never asked us about that nor the problem I had in bringing her here. Come to think of it, they never even asked me if we held hands or if I knew for sure, she is a woman. Was just interested in whether we owned joint stuff and were paying taxes together. Then after all that in bringing her here, just gave her a conditional card with about four different ways to get out of it. But neither of us had any intentions and still don't of getting out of it.

Normally don't believe in importation, but couldn't find anybody like her here. Did you know its real easy to import a German Shepherd pup? And you can't shop anywhere without seeing a bunch of imported junk, even our so-called domestic automobiles are loaded with imported junk. Only thing difficult in bringing here is someone you love deeply. Then an additional problem in keeping that person here. But you should be fine as long as your are paying taxes together. That is our government for you, suppose to be our government, but doesn't seem to be that way. Often wonder if the Nazi's took over it. Japanese sure took over our economy, both countries have learned the hard way there are different ways of accomplishing the same goals. Should be the St. Paul Gestapo Headquarters.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Post violating the TOS has been removed. Any more such posts will earn you a thread ban. Post quoting removed post has been returned below.

Was I naughty? Sometimes not difficult to get emotional when talking about this subject. When I was discharged from our military, was literally kicked off the base. No post traumatic stress treatment. But got by with that okay, but really think I need treatment from dealing with the USCIS going on seven years now.

Filed: Timeline

Was I naughty? Sometimes not difficult to get emotional when talking about this subject. When I was discharged from our military, was literally kicked off the base. No post traumatic stress treatment. But got by with that okay, but really think I need treatment from dealing with the USCIS going on seven years now.

Not to worry, Nick. It wasn't you. You just happened to have the offending post quoted in your post so I had to remove it.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.