Egyptianman

American Embassy in Cairo should be opened now!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

As they do not want to resume the work in the American Embassy in Cairo and open it for us..we will let them open it by complaining to all the world.

1-comment here

http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk=philosophy&success=1#!/topic.php?uid=285699990157&topic=17375

2- do not stop calling them and e-mailing them..but be firm to show them how angry we r at them

3- find out who is ur congress man , e-mail them, call them and complain about the Embassy which is closing for a month now.

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

4- e-mail and call the American embassy in the US

http://www.usembassy.gov/

5- send ur story to all the talk shows in ur country

its time to make them open now..let us start. :angry: :angry:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

egypt is still not considered safe for diplomats.they obviously dont care about people who depend on the embassy and its working date.i suggest you try contacting the president,but it wont change much

Timeline

egypt is still not considered safe for diplomats.they obviously dont care about people who depend on the embassy and its working date.i suggest you try contacting the president,but it wont change much

Thanks for discouraging us...but let me tell u...we will do it, u do not know that the Egyptian are the poeple who created from the stones pyramids?

we will do it, u will see the embassy opened soon inshaAllah.

Timeline

Hello, Egyptianman. We all want the embassy to open again, well the embassy is opened but the problem is that they evacuated most of the Americans that work at the embassy, so for the embassy to get back to working with it's full capacity, they need to allow Americans to fly back to Egypt, well that obviously haven't happened yet because of security issues, the lack of Police force in many areas, the ongoing demonstrations and not just the turmoil in Egypt but all the middle east, so it is not an easy decision as it might seem and i think the Americans main concern and high priority at all times is the security and safety of their country and their people and then bringing families together comes after. I understand you are emotional and angry because of the delay but i am in the same situation, i miss my wife so much I hope we can pass this situation and i am optimistic that we'll all hear good news soon. Good Luck to all of us

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I find it frustrating that the State Department travel advisory for Tunisia is less strict than the one for Egypt and the embassy in Tunisia appears to be functioning at full capacity.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

As of right now, the embassy's services are on hold and are unnecessary because all US citizens evacuated that wanted to. To them, beneficiaries of visas are very, very low on the totem pole of importance. Just because people want to be reunited with their Egyptian fiancee or spouse is not a significant enough reason to reopen in an unstable environment. The embassy will open only when they sense that their American staff is out of danger.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks for discouraging us...but let me tell u...we will do it, u do not know that the Egyptian are the poeple who created from the stones pyramids?

we will do it, u will see the embassy opened soon inshaAllah.

you can not force yourself in the embassy,be logical.you are doing what you can.unfortunately will is not always enough,specially in immigration cases.

As of right now, the embassy's services are on hold and are unnecessary because all US citizens evacuated that wanted to. To them, beneficiaries of visas are very, very low on the totem pole of importance. Just because people want to be reunited with their Egyptian fiancee or spouse is not a significant enough reason to reopen in an unstable environment. The embassy will open only when they sense that their American staff is out of danger.

If all of this is true, why MUST they open? Because you want them to? Your posts sound like a spoiled child wrote them. It sounds like you don't care about the safety of others because you want something done when and how you want it done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

If all of this is true, why MUST they open? Because you want them to? Your posts sound like a spoiled child wrote them. It sounds like you don't care about the safety of others because you want something done when and how you want it done.

:thumbs: Kinda reeks of desperation.

guys..i know..but that`s what we can do..that`s what we must do..we should show them that we r bothered by them.

they must open.

:bonk: They must open because you want them to??? You can't wait until they feel it's safe? :help:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

That was my post. Are you implying that I'm a spoiled child? I thought I was rather adult in all of this. Why should an embassy reopen if danger is still present?

Timeline

That was my post. Are you implying that I'm a spoiled child? I thought I was rather adult in all of this. Why should an embassy reopen if danger is still present?

I think Mssheesha was bolding your post to let a certain poster realize that if what you said is true, he should stop acting like a child and be patient :yes:

Edited by sussemadel

No, I was just using your post to illustrate that the OP sounds like a spoiled child who wants others to be at risk because he wants something now, the way he wants it, etc. etc. etc. That was exactly my point - why should the embassy reopen if there's danger? Because the OP wants them to give him something he wants when he wants it? :wacko: That stinks of spoiled immaturity to me.

I think Mssheesha was bolding your post to let a certain poster realize that if what you said is true, he should stop acting like a child and be patient :yes:

:thumbs: exactly

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

guys..i know..but that`s what we can do..that`s what we must do..we should show them that we r bothered by them.

they must open.

Um, no- it's still not totally safe in Egypt: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12683568

Let's hope for your sake that the CO's who work at that embassy don't read VJ, and if they do, that they can't figure out who you are. Putting your need for a visa over the lives of others makes you suspect. And rightfully so.

Edited by squeaky580

Timeline

Um, no- it's still not totally safe in Egypt: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12683568

Let's hope for your sake that the CO's who work at that embassy don't read VJ, and if they do, that they can't figure out who you are. Putting your need for a visa over the lives of others makes you suspect. And rightfully so.

:thumbs: Think his wife or fiancee would suspect fraud if she saw his posts? Most likely not :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.