Egyptianman

American Embassy in Cairo should be opened now!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey, for everyone who accused the OP of fraud and immaturity, stop accusing people you know nothing about ,,,,, i called the embassy many times to ask for when are they going to open and what was the delay for until now, i will continue to call them every few days to see whats up with them and if there is any new information i need to know ...... , every one on this forum obviously wanna immigrate to the US, just everyone has his own way of expressing themselves, my wife was suppose to come and be with me and due to this situation i told her not to come cause it wouldn't be safe for her, i love her , i wanna be with her, i wanna immigrate to the us, i want the process to go fast

Good luck to all

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

Someone that opens a thread and tells people to call every day and demand they open an embassy before it's safe to do so doesn't sound suspect to you? You have your opinion and I have mine...I have the right to it. And it is VERY childish the way he expresses himself.

on a more positive note :)

excerpt from news article

"A new cabinet also met for the first time and decided it would on Thursday redeploy the police force which largely disintegrated in the first days of the uprising that swept Mubarak from the presidency and left the military in control."

maybe wishful thinking on my part but whats wrong with that, this is probably the biggest reason for failure to open and this is a positive step.

But truly there is protesting and violence going on right now in egypt over a fued between christians and muslims and their has been some deaths. inshallah this will pass and we will see better days soon.

has there been a full moon over egypt? lol just kidding but....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey, for everyone who accused the OP of fraud and immaturity, stop accusing people you know nothing about ,,,,, i called the embassy many times to ask for when are they going to open and what was the delay for until now, i will continue to call them every few days to see whats up with them and if there is any new information i need to know ...... , every one on this forum obviously wanna immigrate to the US, just everyone has his own way of expressing themselves, my wife was suppose to come and be with me and due to this situation i told her not to come cause it wouldn't be safe for her, i love her , i wanna be with her, i wanna immigrate to the us, i want the process to go fast

Good luck to all

Your approach is much different and a bit more appropriate than the OP's. Calling every few days is not the same as putting a post on an international forum asking that people band together and demand the consulate open, when it is unsafe for the people who work there. No one accused the OP of fraud, and we can only go by what people have the audacity to post on here when it comes to trying to figure out their point of view. And when a point of view is one that could put innocent people in harm's way for their own selfish desires, then yeah, I'm gonna say there's something wrong. Sorry if it upset you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

on a more positive note :)

excerpt from news article

"A new cabinet also met for the first time and decided it would on Thursday redeploy the police force which largely disintegrated in the first days of the uprising that swept Mubarak from the presidency and left the military in control."

maybe wishful thinking on my part but whats wrong with that, this is probably the biggest reason for failure to open and this is a positive step.

But truly there is protesting and violence going on right now in egypt over a fued between christians and muslims and their has been some deaths. inshallah this will pass and we will see better days soon.

has there been a full moon over egypt? lol just kidding but....

I remember the last time i went to the embassy to do some paperwork, i passed at least 15 high rank Egyptian police officers, so i believe the Police force is a big factor but these recent clashes are normal for Egypt cause this is not the first time, there was several instances before in different cities, and all because people are stubborn and intolerant, they can't just live in peace, Christians say we are discriminated against and treated with injustice and guess what Muslims say the same thing and this is what Mubarak has done to us, divided us so he can rule us, and it was the end of him when we all gathered regardless of faith, now this country is gonna flourish only if we tried to resolve our internal issues. God Bless Egypt

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Timeline

I just come back from Egypt last night. And it is dishearting when all these little uprisings keep happening. But untill the police can be controlled and stop working the minds of the Egyptains nothing will change. Lets hope that the upcoming election on some changes the police are trying to do will let the ppl gain a little control there in Egypt. The police in

alexandria are using the escaped prisoners to wreck havoc to gain respect of the ppl when they save them, from the ppl they set out to terrorize them. And in Cairo the police are being puppet masters over the ppl there and causing the trumoil between the christians and muslims. It is so said. Many times my husband and I would set out on bus from El Rehab only for him to get a call of there being shoots fired in the area's we wanted to go, and we would get off the bus go to the cafe and then grab a taxi back to El Rehab. I was actually very frustrated because I could not get out and there is not a lot to do in El Rehab. But .... I love my husband for caring so much for my saftey. But untill the ppl there can see the police for what they are, there will be this little uprisings. It is sad, and for the most part safe, except for these little things. Heck I was in Nasar City on the Journalist Union Building while my husband had a meeting and I watched the smoke of the secert police station being burned and have pictures. Of course we did not know what was going on to a few hours later. Now I really wished I brought home some of the News Papers there we had with the pictures. And that is only the things that are being reported and there is many other things going on under the surface that ppl just do not know about. But different goverments do!! So the American Embassy will open when they want. It makes it hard to see Lybia in a much worse state and there American Embassy is open. But it is all politics.

Um, no- it's still not totally safe in Egypt: http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-12683568

Let's hope for your sake that the CO's who work at that embassy don't read VJ, and if they do, that they can't figure out who you are. Putting your need for a visa over the lives of others makes you suspect. And rightfully so.

That is typical Egyptian mannerism. And he is use to the these things going on in Egypt and we are just now getting the jest of how the real life is there.

Someone that opens a thread and tells people to call every day and demand they open an embassy before it's safe to do so doesn't sound suspect to you? You have your opinion and I have mine...I have the right to it. And it is VERY childish the way he expresses himself.

If that is the way you want to look at it. He was called acting like a child, it is the same.

Eh - Wrong. I called one behavior of one specific person childish. You generalized that this is a typical Egyptian mannerism. Not same. Not even close.

Thanks for telling me i am wrong. But In all honesty i really do not think he is being childish when you look at the whole situation. He is use to the advents happening in egypt like they are now. This is life to have little riots here and there, and the religions not always getting along. We are only aware now because we all tuned in on the Revolution and are now aware too. We see it from a different view point and is dangerous, and to us it is, cuz life is not like that here. But for him it is life, and he is ready for life to move on, But we can not move on. It does not make him childish.

Eh - Wrong. I called one behavior of one specific person childish. You generalized that this is a typical Egyptian mannerism. Not same. Not even close.

I know actualy what i said. I just got back form Egypt last night. I know actualy what is going on in Egypt. What is going on is not so uncommon. But the police are being extreme to regain control. And there playing christians and muslims against each other. When my husband had to go to a meeting in Alexandria we was told if we were stopped to not stop. Because the police has the escaped prisoners terrorizing ppl so the police and come and save the day. In Cairo the police is being puppet masters. But this is a not a new thing. How well they hide things. Thousands of ppl go to Egypt each year for tourism and do not have the slightest idea what is going on. And us ladies that go and spend time with our DH's may or may not pick up on it and it is not spoken about a lot. Because that is the norm for most ppl. But now the whole world is wiser to what is actually going on in Egypt. There was times my husband said nope were not traveling into Cairo today, it is to much of a risk. A risk for me not him. Because this is almost normal life. Ppl in Egypt are ready to move on with there lives. But were all stuck on is it safe. Well techinaly not really and it will not be for a while. They have a upcoming voting on some changes the police are trying to make. It will not be techincaly safe till the police are controlled. A lot of things are at play right now, that many do not know. But i do not think the poster should be considered childish because he is ready to move on with his life, and get back to normal. Liyba is in worse shape then Egypt ever was and the American Embassy is open there.

I am not sure Angel Eyes realizes what she said.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.