Messybrownhair

How fast is a military expedite for AOS?

17 posts in this topic

Hey all,

My fiance is/was supposed to deploy at the end of the year, but now they moved up his SRP (Soldier Readiness Program) to today and usually it means they deploy within 100 days or something like that.. :( We are getting married April 2, and filing like on April 5th (we are getting the certificate on the 4th of April).. And so I dunno whats gonna happen after that. We already have a letter from his CO and from him requesting an expedite, but we're not really sure how fast it would be. It's a little hard because I just got here, we are still living with his parents, and ideally we at least wanted for us to have our own place, and for me to have a driver's license, before he leaves. Ahhh!!! I guess I will have to be ready for the fact that I might have to do everything alone, since we can't control anything. Anyway just wondering if someone has had experience in AOS expedites, I know we would need to send in orders and call the hotline, which we can and will do. I just hope everything goes smoothly as I am kinda starting to panic. ^.^ Hopefully the deployment gets pushed back or cancelled!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am not quite at the point you and your husband are at, but my wife just received her visa and will be coming to the U.S. June 4th. However, after attending an open house at the local USCIS office here in Honolulu, I found out that if your husband is deploying, they can expedite everything and you can receive your citizenship within 2 to 3 months. Im not sure where you guys are stationed but I would recommend making an appointment and going to see the military representative at the local USCIS office you can do that through infopass its a quick and easy process online. Just go to infopass.uscis.gov/ . Calling the big USCIS in the sky as I call it is good, but its always nice to be able to put a name with a face, so go to your local office let them know what your situation is, and they will help you. I am sure of it. God Bless, and try not to stress, I know how it is, my wife and I are right there with you guys, and being in the military makes it even tougher. We miltiary folk have to help each other, if you need any info while your husband is deployed, not that I am trying to get in your business or anything, but I have been in the military for over 15 years and I can point you in the right direction.

Thank you!

He is in the PA National Guard so we don't live on post, which is why we are still with his parents ( We were gonna move out when I got my GC but seeing as how he might leave before I get it, plans are all kinda unclear right now till we actually find out when he's leaving).

I just got to the US, and currently we are finalizing all AOS documents and wedding plans, so that we can file for AOS right after the wedding (April 2nd).

Thanks for the info..

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

I dont know how fast it will be, but it should be pretty quick. Either way, you will be ok to stay in the US....chances are that if he is deployed at the time of the interview, they may not do the interview. All you can do is send the expedite request and see what happens. I know you guys have been talking to the military helpline right? They are a great source of info.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!

He is in the PA National Guard so we don't live on post, which is why we are still with his parents ( We were gonna move out when I got my GC but seeing as how he might leave before I get it, plans are all kinda unclear right now till we actually find out when he's leaving).

I just got to the US, and currently we are finalizing all AOS documents and wedding plans, so that we can file for AOS right after the wedding (April 2nd).

Thanks for the info..

hi my husband s n military to,just filed my aos last december then month after i filed my husband deployed n okinawa for 10 months,i dnt request a expedite for my aos but in 2 months and 3 weeks got my green card approve,b4 i sent my aos package i make sure i got everything all the papers i need and on my cover letter i put a statement tht my husband will soon to be deploy..i think theres no problem to file aos even ur husband is going to deploy just make sure u have a copy of ur husband order so incase they call for interview u have it to show them,but mine i got approve without interview..and i got approve not even 3 months and i dnt request for expedite...

12/10/10-AOS/EAD/AP sent to chicago lockbox

12/24/10-AOS/EAD/AP NOA's hardcopy recieved

01/26/11-AOS transfered to CSC

01/26/11-recieved biometric appoinment notice dated.02/23/11

02/23/11-biometrics done

02/24/11-EAD card production

02/27/11-EAD approve

03/03/11-EAD/AP combo card recieved

03/04/11-AOS card production notice

03/08/11-AOS Approve

hi my husband s n military to,just filed my aos last december then month after i filed my husband deployed n okinawa for 10 months,i dnt request a expedite for my aos but in 2 months and 3 weeks got my green card approve,b4 i sent my aos package i make sure i got everything all the papers i need and on my cover letter i put a statement tht my husband will soon to be deploy..i think theres no problem to file aos even ur husband is going to deploy just make sure u have a copy of ur husband order so incase they call for interview u have it to show them,but mine i got approve without interview..and i got approve not even 3 months and i dnt request for expedite...

i hope i get that lucky!!!

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey all,

My fiance is/was supposed to deploy at the end of the year, but now they moved up his SRP (Soldier Readiness Program) to today and usually it means they deploy within 100 days or something like that.. :( We are getting married April 2, and filing like on April 5th (we are getting the certificate on the 4th of April).. And so I dunno whats gonna happen after that. We already have a letter from his CO and from him requesting an expedite, but we're not really sure how fast it would be. It's a little hard because I just got here, we are still living with his parents, and ideally we at least wanted for us to have our own place, and for me to have a driver's license, before he leaves. Ahhh!!! I guess I will have to be ready for the fact that I might have to do everything alone, since we can't control anything. Anyway just wondering if someone has had experience in AOS expedites, I know we would need to send in orders and call the hotline, which we can and will do. I just hope everything goes smoothly as I am kinda starting to panic. ^.^ Hopefully the deployment gets pushed back or cancelled!

This is just a suggestion ok but could yoou not go and have a civil marriage now and then you can start your AOS ASAP. I see you have a planned wedding in Vermont in April and I know its only now a few weeks away but I just got my AOS approved after 4 months with no interview so it is just a thought. You can still have your wedding in Vermont but at least it would be 3 weeks less wait for AOS if you get it within 4 months.

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Well we wont be able to file it yet anyway coz we are still lacking some stuff, like my civil surgeon is scheduled for next week and Tim is away on army stuff for most of this month so even if we wanted to do that we can't :( the soonest we can file is around the 1st week of april :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hey Messy,

Well speaking from experience and a quite recent one...I filed for my wife's AOS early January, however I knew I was deploying and so put on the cover page "DEPLOYING" (or whatever guidance it was I had at the time). I assume if you call them, they will understand as well, since deployment dates do shift around. Once my packet was sent, as you can see from my timeline, her green card arrived March 6th on my BDAY !!! (Well March 5th came in, but she "received" it on March 6th). I am currently deployed and of course they DID skip the whole interview. You will get a notice explainin that it was sent to California. Other than that, it went by real quickly, 2-3 months tops. Best of luck!!!!

Edited by jlee

Thank you everyone! We will try to make sure the packet is complete to avoid any RFEs and hope that we get the same outcome :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

• 11 months later...

if a soldier is active duty and in the US, can he apply for the application to be expedited?

Jp and Tee, he can only request for an expedited case if he is deploying and you're on his orders as a command sponsored dependent.

sweet_cat_and_chicken.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jp and Tee, he can only request for an expedited case if he is deploying and you're on his orders as a command sponsored dependent.

This is incorrect. You do not have to be on the orders to get an expedite.

We have had expedite due to active duty and deployment to a combat zone.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

I read about from somebody above, that you will get your citizenship because of him? just wanna make sure, that you don't get that within the first 3 years anyways. you will become a permanent resident and after 3 years (the earliest) you can file to get your us citizenship.

Edited by Symply_Me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I read about from somebody above, that you will get your citizenship because of him? just wanna make sure, that you don't get that within the first 3 years anyways. you will become a permanent resident and after 3 years (the earliest) you can file to get your us citizenship.

You may be eligible for expedited naturalization once you meet the 3 year requirement if you also meet the other requirements.

You may be eligible for earlier Citizenship if you meet the requirements of living over seas on orders and have already had your 10 year green card.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=8aa13e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8aa13e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.