Vivi6

AOS filers from March 2010

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey everyone!

So I was thinking today that it's been almost a year since I got married and filed for AOS (L) ! How is life for my fellow March 2010 filers? I know some of you got approved very recently, while others have been enjoying being a permanent resident for quite a few months now. How is the US&A been treating you and how is married life?

As for me, everything has been going great and I feel truly blessed. I found a job right after receiving my GC and have been working at the same company ever since. The money could be better and it's been stressful at times, but overall I really can't complain! I have also been doing some translation work so it's been nice to finally breathe and have some extra money! Between the move, the AOS fees and all the other crazy expenses I am sure you all know very well how we digged into our savings way too much!

Thankfully I have been under my hubby's health care plan so I haven't had a bad experience with the "wonderful" American healthcare just yet--but there is always time! Since we are renewing our lease for another year, I don't have any stories to share about buying a home, I did buy a car and that was pretty smooth but only because I had to pay cash because I had no job and no credit...

Speking of credit I have been trying really hard to get a decent score, I have a secured credit card and I only pay my gym membership with it so it's been pretty good in that regard. If gas prices keep going up we might consider buying a hybrid since hubby's car is about to leave us, and in that case maybe we will try to do monthly payments and hopefully reach a good score when we decide to buy a house. Also another great thing: our tax return after filing jointly for the first time! Thanks Uncle Sam :)

So yes, life in the US has overall been good. You can't beat San Diego weather! I have made friends and slowly grew closer to a few girls (it helped that my husband already had a small crew of friends here)which really helped me adjusting. We've had a pretty busy social life I must say. Another highlight of this year is that we really got to travel around a lot. Hubby tagged along to Italy last summer for my mom's second wedding, then we hit Minnesota in September to meet his mom's family. We booked a last minute trip to Hawaii over New Years' and that was absolutely wonderful. And now we will be going to Seattle (I am tagging along on his business trip) and soon back to Italy to plan our wedding reception for my family there who could not attand last year in the US. I am more than happy to give up a lot of other things to make this travelling happen!

The downsides...I still miss Italy and Europe like crazy. I can't stand so many things about the US, the narrow minded mentality and the oh-you-are-so-priviledged-to-live-here talk. The fattening food and the horrible health care. The necessity of having to drive everywhere. The nonsense of the Tea Party! :rofl: Then I worry all the time my parents are going to get sick and I am going to be half way around the world. I worry my children won't be able to be immerse in the Italian culture the way I would like them to be, I worry they won't be close to their grandparents. I was blessed with wonderful gradmas and grandpas and I want them to experience the same. These are things that I cannot control right now, and even though I wish one day we will have the opportunity to move back to Italy or Europe, I know I need to do my best to be happy here for now (and until Berlusconi is Italy's PM there is NO WAY I am going back :lol: ). I love California, but I also think living on the East Coast would be a great way to be "closer" to home---even though I am too spoiled with wonderful weather here. Eventually I feel like I might have to give up my "career" and work from home as a translator to have more flexibility to see my parents, because here it's so hard to get enough time off. ARGH :bonk: , these are the things that frustrate me the most. My husband has been 100% supportive, but sometimes he is helpless too because he recognizes there is no final solution to the problem, just a lot of patience and compromising on both parts.

This is my story, hopefully it's not too boring! Enough about me...how are YOU doing?

Sending hugs and good vibes to the whole VJ community!

Ciao

Viviana

event.png

AOS Journey

Marriage: 2010-03-06

Date Filed: 2010-03-23

NOA: 2010-04-02 (via texts and emails)+check cashed

NOA1 in the mail: 2010-04-07

Bio Appointment letter: 04/29 (FINALLY!!!!)

Bio Appointment: scheduled 05/24, walk-in on 05/03, yay!

**Touch on AOS and EAD: 05/03 and 05/04

Interview notice: 05/14, dated 05/11. It's for 06/17

EAD and AP approved: 06/03

**Touch on EAD and AP: 06/04

**Touch on AP: 06/07

**Touch on EAD and 2nd card production ordered: 06/08

**Touch on EAD: 06/09

AP received: 06/09

**Touch on EAD: 06/11. 3rd approval email received!

EAD received: 06/11 step 2 of 3 completed!

Interview scheduled: 06/17 @ 915 am APPROVED and card production ordered same day!!!!

Welcome letter received:06/21

2nd email Green Card production ordered:06/22

**Touch on AOS:06/23

3rd email received, blue dot went to post decision: 06/30

Tik tok tik tok....GREEN CARD IN HAND: 07/02!!!!!Less than a year since filing for the k1!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent: 2009-08-12

I-129F NOA1: 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA2: 2009-10-29

Packet 3 Received: 2009-11-17

Interview: 2010-02-16, approved, visa the same day!

POE: 2010-03-03 @ LAX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:thumbs: not a March 2010 Filer but I enjoyed reading your story...... :)

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi there,

I was looking for reviews of the consulate in Rome, Italy. But only seem to find one for the one in Naples. Can any one help?

Thinking of requesteing to redirect our case to that Embassy :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I am speaking on behalf of my husband but life has been great. He came in Nov. 2009 aos completed in Nov. 2010, marriage in Dec. in 2010, Job in July 2009. He has medical, great benefits. The pay could be better but he is doing very well. He got his first credit card a month ago which helped me get a credit card. I am not working right now. I left a job of 22 years, taking voluntary retirement to finish school to become a teacher. He is now learning how to drive. He has adapted so well and he has been to at least 7 different states.

Things are good and God is good and has blessed our union! We are surviving together! We went back to visit his family this February and plan on returning in July/Aug so my kids can finally meet his side of the family (they talk over the phone and computer)

Glad to know there are good stories in VJ!

Best of luck to everyone!

The Gardners :star:

• 9 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone!

So I was thinking today that it's been almost a year since I got married and filed for AOS (L) ! How is life for my fellow March 2010 filers? I know some of you got approved very recently, while others have been enjoying being a permanent resident for quite a few months now. How is the US&A been treating you and how is married life?

As for me, everything has been going great and I feel truly blessed. I found a job right after receiving my GC and have been working at the same company ever since. The money could be better and it's been stressful at times, but overall I really can't complain! I have also been doing some translation work so it's been nice to finally breathe and have some extra money! Between the move, the AOS fees and all the other crazy expenses I am sure you all know very well how we digged into our savings way too much!

Thankfully I have been under my hubby's health care plan so I haven't had a bad experience with the "wonderful" American healthcare just yet--but there is always time! Since we are renewing our lease for another year, I don't have any stories to share about buying a home, I did buy a car and that was pretty smooth but only because I had to pay cash because I had no job and no credit...

Speking of credit I have been trying really hard to get a decent score, I have a secured credit card and I only pay my gym membership with it so it's been pretty good in that regard. If gas prices keep going up we might consider buying a hybrid since hubby's car is about to leave us, and in that case maybe we will try to do monthly payments and hopefully reach a good score when we decide to buy a house. Also another great thing: our tax return after filing jointly for the first time! Thanks Uncle Sam :)

So yes, life in the US has overall been good. You can't beat San Diego weather! I have made friends and slowly grew closer to a few girls (it helped that my husband already had a small crew of friends here)which really helped me adjusting. We've had a pretty busy social life I must say. Another highlight of this year is that we really got to travel around a lot. Hubby tagged along to Italy last summer for my mom's second wedding, then we hit Minnesota in September to meet his mom's family. We booked a last minute trip to Hawaii over New Years' and that was absolutely wonderful. And now we will be going to Seattle (I am tagging along on his business trip) and soon back to Italy to plan our wedding reception for my family there who could not attand last year in the US. I am more than happy to give up a lot of other things to make this travelling happen!

The downsides...I still miss Italy and Europe like crazy. I can't stand so many things about the US, the narrow minded mentality and the oh-you-are-so-priviledged-to-live-here talk. The fattening food and the horrible health care. The necessity of having to drive everywhere. The nonsense of the Tea Party! :rofl: Then I worry all the time my parents are going to get sick and I am going to be half way around the world. I worry my children won't be able to be immerse in the Italian culture the way I would like them to be, I worry they won't be close to their grandparents. I was blessed with wonderful gradmas and grandpas and I want them to experience the same. These are things that I cannot control right now, and even though I wish one day we will have the opportunity to move back to Italy or Europe, I know I need to do my best to be happy here for now (and until Berlusconi is Italy's PM there is NO WAY I am going back :lol: ). I love California, but I also think living on the East Coast would be a great way to be "closer" to home---even though I am too spoiled with wonderful weather here. Eventually I feel like I might have to give up my "career" and work from home as a translator to have more flexibility to see my parents, because here it's so hard to get enough time off. ARGH :bonk: , these are the things that frustrate me the most. My husband has been 100% supportive, but sometimes he is helpless too because he recognizes there is no final solution to the problem, just a lot of patience and compromising on both parts.

This is my story, hopefully it's not too boring! Enough about me...how are YOU doing?

Sending hugs and good vibes to the whole VJ community!

Ciao

Viviana

Ciao, Viviana!:) I can completely relate to your feelings and experience about living in US. and building the whole new life, social ties, and career here!!:) You're right, San Diego is a great city (I also live here now!) but home is always closest to our heart!!:) I get especially nostalgic in times like this before holidays. Support every point that you made, and hope your VJ and life in US are going smooth, and accompanied by luck!:) I just strated my VJ recentely here in SD, and greatful for all comments and info ppl share on this website!!:)

Warm wishes to all!:)))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.