snooki703

Do you really need pay stubs for the interview?

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

We finally have our interview scheduled for April 1 and the interview letter states that you should bring pay stubs. Even when we submitted the I-864 we didnt submit any pay stubs - just W2s and we never got an RFE asking for the pay stubs.

Besides, my hub's employer only does electronic direct deposit.

Does anyone have any advice? Can we just bring the W2+letter from the employer stating the salary?

Thanks for y'alls help!

Nov. 5: Sent AOS Package

Nov 17: AOS received by USCIS

April 1: INTERVIEW DAY. Approved!!!!!!

Early June: Moved to New York City. The only relevant city in the world ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Study I-864 instructions, it says you MAY provide them it does not say you MUST.

I-864income.jpg

My employer does Direct deposit, and emails me PDF copies of the pay stubs.

Yes I-864 + IRS returns or transcripts, and employer letter should be fine.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Study I-864 instructions, it says you MAY provide them it does not say you MUST.

I-864income.jpg

My employer does Direct deposit, and emails me PDF copies of the pay stubs.

Yes I-864 + IRS returns or transcripts, and employer letter should be fine.

Hi Yudan. Yup, I'm aware of the instructions saying that they're optional for the I-864. As I've said in my original post, I've ALREADY FILED the I-864. Thanks for your kind public service reminder anyway though.

I'm referring to the INTERVIEW. I would appreciate any insights from others as to whether pay stubs are also optional, given that we'll bring our W2s and job offer letter anyway. The letter would state annual salary and bonus.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

They are not needed for the I-864 and this is why you did not get an RFE. But the interview letter is asking for them for some reason, so you need to bring them to the interview (did they say how many?). If your husband's employer does not issue them, then you should get some sort a letter explaining this and records of the direct deposits.

The interview letter asks for proof of current employment (not discussing the I-864, as you mentioned above), which is either paystubs or a letter from the employer. Sounds like you have an employment letter, so you're all set.

Also, asking for this is standard on the interview letter for everyone.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Check your bank statement and see if it lists who the deposit was from for your direct deposits. Maybe that will help during your interview.

John

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey all,

We finally have our interview scheduled for April 1 and the interview letter states that you should bring pay stubs. Even when we submitted the I-864 we didnt submit any pay stubs - just W2s and we never got an RFE asking for the pay stubs.

Besides, my hub's employer only does electronic direct deposit.

Does anyone have any advice? Can we just bring the W2+letter from the employer stating the salary?

Thanks for y'alls help!

What is says is what you bring a pay stub during interview.

I do direct electronic deposit. However, I still get a copy of paystub that says ADVICE OF DEPOSIT - NON-NEGOTIABLE and shows the breakdown of how many hours I work and how much I got paid. Also, have your employer give you employment verification letter that states when you started working and how much you are making.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Yup, as Harpa points out, I think we got the standard interview letter with the typical checklist of things to bring. Just making sure that the employment letter could really sub for the pay stubs, based on your experience. So its not like USCIS specifically highlighted the pay stubs sections.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The goal is to leave the interview with an approval. The interviewing officer makes the decision, not anyone else. No one can say for sure what the IO may want to see. Bringing more than needed is always preferable and eliminates possible delays while additional information is obtained.

A job offer letter is for employment in the future. Is that what you mean? Or are you referring to a letter from a current employer confirming position, term of service, and pay rate?

A recently dated employment letter ( not necessarily the one submitted with the original petition) is good proof. Recently issued pay stubs ( most employers issue them even when paying through direct deposit) are even better proof of current and continuing income.

The burden of proof is on you to supply enough info to make the adjudicating officer confortable with their decision. The stronger the evidence the better.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Just making sure that the employment letter could really sub for the pay stubs,

You would have to contact the embassy to see if this is OK. If they are asking for pay stubs, that is what you should bring unless they tell you otherwise. As people have pointed out, the pay stubs were not necessary for the I-864, but in the interview letter you received they are specifically asking for pay stubs.

You would have to contact the embassy to see if this is OK. If they are asking for pay stubs, that is what you should bring unless they tell you otherwise. As people have pointed out, the pay stubs were not necessary for the I-864, but in the interview letter you received they are specifically asking for pay stubs.

They are not interviewing at an embassy - this is for an in-country interview for AOS. The letter is a boilerplate letter and asks for proof of current employment. As someone who actually had an in-country interview, for this exact same thing, I am saying that if you have proof of current employment in your employment letter, you should be okay. There is always the off-chance that they would want to see paystubs, but that would be an extremely rare instance, and they would issue you an RFE, not a denial. The I-864 has already been approved if you have made it to interview stage (and this is why they are asking for this stuff - it's related to the I-864, but not the I-864 instructions itself). Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

They are not interviewing at an embassy - this is for an in-country interview for AOS. ...

Oh, my mistake. I saw the post in "Recent Topics Added" and did not notice the forum it was posted in. :wacko:

Edited by rob11715

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.