웃

Why did Muslim God make Muslim Countries so poor?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

IMO yes.

But if you feel different, feel free to use any metric of your liking.

So can you come to a conclusion based on the following data? And if so, what is that conclusion?

In 2004-2006, Ingham County had the highest infant mortality rate for African-

American infants at 20.1 deaths per 1,000 births compared with a white rate of 4.3.

Detroit’s rate was 16.9 for black infants and 4.7 for white babies.

New Jersey — According to a new study, Black women in New Jersey are more than 2 1/2 times more likely to lose a baby in the first year of life than white women.

A college-educated black woman in the United States is more likely to lose her baby than a white woman with only a high school education. An African-American woman who starts prenatal care in her first trimester is more likely to lose her baby than a white woman with late or no prenatal care. A black woman who does not smoke has worse birth outcomes than a white woman who smokes.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ergo, god hates black people.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

So can you come to a conclusion based on the following data? And if so, what is that conclusion?

In 2004-2006, Ingham County had the highest infant mortality rate for African-American infants at 20.1 deaths per 1,000 births compared with a white rate of 4.3. Detroit’s rate was 16.9 for black infants and 4.7 for white babies.

That there is possibly significantly more poverty in the African-American community in Ingham County and in Detroit, when compared to white people?

Of course, sample size and compositoin is important. Not knowing anything about Ingham County, I couldn't say. Let's say there's 100 white people in Ingham County and only 5 black people. Then those metrics aren't a good proxy for poverty. Or, let's say the county is mostly white but the the white population is in two disparate pockets - an affluent suburb and a a lower-income community which is spread between Ingham County and the neighboring county. A county-level metric will fully capture the affluence of the affluent suburb but not the poverty of the less affluent community split between two counties. Do you see where I'm going with this?

BTW - my claim that infant mortality is a good proxy for poverty at the national level isn't something I just made up.

Edited by \

BTW - my claim that infant mortality is a good proxy for poverty at the national level isn't something I just made up.

Here is one place that does it - http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/povmap/ds_global.jsp.

The global data sets include two proxy poverty measurements: Infant Mortality Rates and Malnutrition (underweight children)...

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

You are searching for poor Muslim countries, not just poor countries, which offers more variances. Your selection is biased coz that's the results you want.

Using Wikipedia doesn't help your case either.

If you go here you will see a list of the top 47 countries by Muslim population in the entire world. They are countries where anywhere between 50% (Nigeria) to 100% (Maldives) of the citizens are Muslims.

Of the 47 countries 13 of them are 50% to 80% Muslim....The remaining 34 countries are greater than 80% Muslim.

I don't have a calculator handy but if you take out the extremes (Qatar $80,000 GDP per capita and Somalia $600 GDP per capita) then you are looking at an average GDP per capita around $6,000 (that is just a guess, no calculator).

In terms of GDP per capita:

2 of 47 countries have >$50,000

3 of 47 countries are between $30,000 and $40,000

2 of 47 countries are between $20,000 and $25,000

6 of 47 countries are between $10,000 and $13,500

6 of 47 countries are between $5,000 and $8,000

4 of 47 countries are between $4,000 and $5,000

2 of 47 countries are between $3,500 and $4,000

21 of 47 countries (or 44.7% of them) are less than $2500

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

You are searching for poor Muslim countries, not just poor countries, which offers more variances. Your selection is biased coz that's the results you want.

Sofiyya, I am not 100% sure that God is not floating around in the sky. I'd put it more around 99%. But the point is I came across very low numbers for countries that are majority Muslim. Not just majority, a super majority (90% or more).

So if I was a Muslim I would wonder why Muslim God set it up so that His People are very poor?

\ wants to credit the Industrial Revolution for the advancement and economic growth of Western European countries and the United States. He says it has nothing to do with religion or God. But it is my understanding that Muslim God knows all and has this all planned out. So the question is why are the predominately Muslim countries so poor?

The top 4 Muslim countries by population along with GDP per capita are:

Indonesia: 228 million people and $3,725 per person per year

Pakistan: 172 million people and $2,592 per person per year

Bangladesh: 162 million people and $1,378 per person per year

Nigeria: 154 million people and $2,035 per person per year

That basically boils down to a range of $3.77 per day (Bangladesh) to $10.20 per day (Indonesia).

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as the people are happy.

I have to go but maybe later I will look for a report that ranks countries by happiness.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So if I was a Muslim I would wonder why Muslim God set it up so that His People are very poor?

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

Jesus said that, but it probably applies to Muslims as well.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

This serves its purpose as a bait thread. Keep your day job coz you suck at social science research.

Sofiyya, I am not 100% sure that God is not floating around in the sky. I'd put it more around 99%. But the point is I came across very low numbers for countries that are majority Muslim. Not just majority, a super majority (90% or more).

\ wants to credit the Industrial Revolution for the advancement and economic growth of Western European countries and the United States. He says it has nothing to do with religion or God. But it is my understanding that Muslim God knows all and has this all planned out. So the question is why are the predominately Muslim countries so poor?

The top 4 Muslim countries by population along with GDP per capita are:

Indonesia: 228 million people and $3,725 per person per year

Pakistan: 172 million people and $2,592 per person per year

Bangladesh: 162 million people and $1,378 per person per year

Nigeria: 154 million people and $2,035 per person per year

That basically boils down to a range of $3.77 per day (Bangladesh) to $10.20 per day (Indonesia).

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as the people are happy.

I have to go but maybe later I will look for a report that ranks countries by happiness.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

A bit of trivia, Jesus wasn't talking about a sewing needle but a gate.

"`Eye of a Needle` in the gate of a khan at Nazareth. The entrance to caravanserais in Palestine had a small door known as `the eye` for foot passengers. The huge doors are opened only for pack-animals or wheeled vehicles."

camel-eye-of-a-needle.jpg

http://www.biblepicturegallery.com/pictures/GParables/Eye%20of%20a%20Needle%20in%20the%20gate%20of%20a%20khan%20at%20Nazareth%20pa.htm

Timeline

So Muslim God is making it easier for Muslims to enter the Kingdom of Muslim God but harder for the richer non-Muslim nations?

I'm not gonna lie, that would make sense for believers in Muslim God. Thank you for the clarification.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So Muslim God is making it easier for Muslims to enter the Kingdom of Muslim God but harder for the richer non-Muslim nations?

I'm not gonna lie, that would make sense for believers in Muslim God. Thank you for the clarification.

Most religions offer eternal bliss to all who suffer hardship and poverty for

God's love, so in a way, wealth is antithetical to spirituality.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

It's a good way to keep the poor happy being poor, if they know their reward is in the next life. Liberation Theology and Social Justice advocates don't think the unwashed masses should have to wait. Now you know why Rome has declared all such movements heretical.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Timeline

That brings up an interesting point that I just thought of.

I don't think if God was real He would create such DRAMATIC differences in wealth in His beloved human creation.

I mean on one extreme you have starving children and the other you have kids living in 20,000 square foot mansions with their own private chefs, private movie theaters, every video game they want, dream vacations every month, etc.

In the animal kingdom there is no such thing as wealth disparity. That is the definition of fair but the animals don't get to go to Heaven.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think if God was real He would create such DRAMATIC differences in wealth in His beloved human creation.

“earth provides enough to satisfy everyone’s need, but not everyone’s greed”. Gandhi

"human who created such dramatic differences in wealth". Nightracker