~Johnny~

Odd translation request

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Another good point. Because you are (culturally speaking in Ukraine) supposed to be the one who initiates the contact, if you drop off the radar for any length of time it sends up a big flag that you may not be serious. You frequent communication is key, and she is probably talking with family/friends often about when you call, how long you talk, etc. This is part of a vetting process I think.

I think Brad is right about you being the initiator. I remember distinctly, after meeting Alla in Prague and spending two days together, I had to leave before she did. when walking to the subway I asked her "What do you think will happen now?" And her answer was "You will decide what happens"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I was being sarcastic. I only use the term "you Majesty" when I am irritated. Never call her queen, or tell her she is in charge or has to make the decisions. Imo, princess is reserved for kids too, but each to their own. :lol:

Try the term "my half", or "my second half", rather than queen or princess. You can try it on the phone now. It will be appreciated.

The "other half" comes from an old Ukrainian folk belief that when a person is born, their "other half" is somewhere in the world. That they shooul dfind them and if they do they will be happy forever. Some people still believe that. Some come to believe it after they meet their special someone.

even if she does not believe in this, she will know what it means and know it is serious.

Gary And Alla

The "other half" comes from an old Ukrainian folk belief that when a person is born, their "other half" is somewhere in the world. That they shooul dfind them and if they do they will be happy forever. Some people still believe that. Some come to believe it after they meet their special someone.

even if she does not believe in this, she will know what it means and know it is serious.

Eactly. Giving a signal early on that you are serious and sincere matters, imo.

I am in the airport now, so keeping it short(er) to try and appear coherent(er) :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Most of the stuff you said is quite right, but I can't agree with this sentence. I would say it's better when it's a "husband, friend and lover". Can be father for some FSU women, but mostly if they were deprived of father's attention and these very women are more likely to date guys, who are 10-15 or even 20-25 years older than them. If a woman had a caring father, she's not going to look for another one, she's more likely to look for a friend.

Possibly true, Alla did not have a father. However it refers more to the way you treat her. what you let her "get away with" how much you "indulge her".

To take care of other things so she does not have to worry about it, I am not sure if that comes under the "husband" or "father" role. Could be either.

Gary And Alla

Johnny, if you met this woman through an agency, be cautious of this kind of thing. The agencies like to offer lots of "services", for a fee of course. I am NOT saying the woman is insincere, I am saying they get pressured to "sell" you something by someone they consider to have done a service for them. Like the guy at Lowe's that tries to sell you the "protection plan" for your new tractor. He couldn't care less about it himself.

Agencies will offer apartment rentals, translators, drivers, offer to translate your emails, etc. You can do any of this yourself for 1/3 to 1/2 the price. My landlord in Odessa had an agency and did all this. I am not saying he was a bad guy, he wasn't. It was not a scam, but it was not "necessary". He did deliver what he charged for. He had a lot of American and Brotosh men staying in the building where I lived and he would always tell them to drop by so they could "speak English" :lol: I never said a bad word or heard a bad word about him. But I know the women were encouraged to use the "services" and he would convince many of them that they needed these services also.

BINGO!

Best way imo is to rent an apt. online, go over their without even knowing anyone and just go for it. No bs. If I was going to do it again that's exactly what I would do. Google will get you the basics as far as maps, restaurants, night clubs, stores, etc..

@ Johnny (the OP), I'm not kidding you when I say you can go to a roadside cafe for coffee, wine, beer...whatever and have your pick of women that look like super models. After you meet them then you try and figure out if it's a scam or not...but that's half the fun anyways. Seriously though it's going to be a mind blower for you when you get there. You are going to think you died and gone to heaven once you land. Iv'e done my fair share of travelling and I can honestly say no other women in the entire world come even close to looking as hot as RUB women. It's like they have a hidden factory over there that does nothing but make hot gorgeous beautiful women who dress just as hot as they look.

I don't know if it's the water over there, food or what but it's a mind blower the first time. Just make sure you don't get caught looking...that and don't get caught swapping spit with her mom in the banya..that's another story....

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Possibly true, Alla did not have a father. However it refers more to the way you treat her. what you let her "get away with" how much you "indulge her".

To take care of other things so she does not have to worry about it, I am not sure if that comes under the "husband" or "father" role. Could be either.

My wifes father is a drunk,and was abusive. Maybe that's why she's twenty years younger than me and calls me "papa"... :unsure:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

We've had a few talks where I said I'm searching for my "second half" or "partner in life." I never mentioned queen or princess or babuska ...ya think she would laugh or slap me if I called her babuska? :lol: We have not had any deep emotional talks because we both felt we needed to meet before any emotions can be expressed. She mentioned that other men have contacted her before, and within 5 minutes of chatting are professing their love and dreams of marriage with her. Then a week later they never hear from the guy again.

Bahbushka (grandmother) and "grandfather" are respectful terms used for elderly people or for your real grandmother. Young people on the bus will stand and say "Here, Bahbuska, you can sit here" When referring to my MIL in fornt of the children I ALWAYS call her Bahbuska. If it is myself or with Alla, I call her "Momma". If your woman friend is neither of those, then do not call her that. In FSU culture, elderly people are held in very high regard. A hot young woman will stand on the bus with everyone else...tough sh*t for her. Let an old man or old woman enter the bus and everyone jums up and offers their seat.

Hold a door open for a young woman and she will look at you like you are a strange creature from outer space. If there is an old man or old woman and you do NOT hold the door open for them, people will assume you are the biggest @sshole in the world! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

BINGO!

Best way imo is to rent an apt. online, go over their without even knowing anyone and just go for it. No bs. If I was going to do it again that's exactly what I would do. Google will get you the basics as far as maps, restaurants, night clubs, stores, etc..

@ Johnny (the OP), I'm not kidding you when I say you can go to a roadside cafe for coffee, wine, beer...whatever and have your pick of women that look like super models. After you meet them then you try and figure out if it's a scam or not...but that's half the fun anyways. Seriously though it's going to be a mind blower for you when you get there. You are going to think you died and gone to heaven once you land. Iv'e done my fair share of travelling and I can honestly say no other women in the entire world come even close to looking as hot as RUB women. It's like they have a hidden factory over there that does nothing but make hot gorgeous beautiful women who dress just as hot as they look.

I don't know if it's the water over there, food or what but it's a mind blower the first time. Just make sure you don't get caught looking...that and don't get caught swapping spit with her mom in the banya..that's another story....

The factory is in the Urals. It is run by Dr. Finetush. :lol: Products are sent to the "Sparrow School" for programming.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

There's no f'ing way this would get done at my house.

I just have s simple code for how I deal with my family. If they want something and I CAN do it and it doesn't involve unusual risk of bodily injury, at least not permanent injury, then I will do it.

I can honestly say Alla does the same for me.

I work for my family. I hope to be $5 million in debt when I die. :lol:

Gary And Alla

I remember you saying that you did most of the chasing slim

Around the house! I chase her around the house!

The path you take, or some middle road, depends on the people you are I think. There is no real recipe, and whatever works for you is what works, that includes how you meet, date, marry, or live.

Exactly.

Booze and body language is all you need for the first few days. After that you can get a translator.

Yep.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

My wifes father is a drunk,and was abusive. Maybe that's why she's twenty years younger than me and calls me "papa"... :unsure:

Oksana calls me 'Papa" as a response to me calling her "Mama" when we first together. When we would start to go out, she would start fussing about what I was wearing and would re-arrange my clothes. After one to many times, I snapped at her and told her I was not a Malchik that needed a mother. She apologized and said she would not do it again.

Then the next day she started it again and in my most sarcastic voice I said "Da Mama". Lera, Oksana's daughter, burst out laughing and I was afraid she was going to hurt herself by falling down the five flights of stairs. Since then that is how we have always called each other.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.