PreciousOne

passport for k1

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi!heres my another topic for today.

1) If you enter US with a k1 visa,how and when will you be able to change your passport name?from single into a married name(husbands surname in ur passport)?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

1) If you enter US with a k1 visa,how and when will you be able to change your passport name?from single into a married name(husbands surname in ur passport)?

Once you are married, of course.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I have been wondering that myself. There is only one Slovenian embassy in the US and that's in Washington, DC. I live in California and can't really afford to fly to DC just to change my passport. I can't change it when I go back to Slovenia for visit either because then my name in my passport won't match the name on my round trip ticket unless I get two one-way tickets but that's too expensive.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Timeline

I have been wondering that myself. There is only one Slovenian embassy in the US and that's in Washington, DC. I live in California and can't really afford to fly to DC just to change my passport. I can't change it when I go back to Slovenia for visit either because then my name in my passport won't match the name on my round trip ticket unless I get two one-way tickets but that's too expensive.

Some Consulates issue new passports by mail. If yours doesn't, (My wife's doesn't. China) then you are faced with that difficulty, yes. You fly internationally only in the passport name.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Philippine embassy has an outreach program who travel the US providing many services for Filipinos like passports. Monitor the website until they come close to you. They will be in Montgomery AL next month and we are getting my wife a new passport in her married name. This is just a day trip for us instead of a trip to DC.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/news/273/591/22-06-2010-CONSULAR-OUTREACH-IN-PORTERVILLE-CA-ON-JUNE-26/d,phildet/

Edited by gary9891

Timeline

Slovenian citizens can also apply for new passports in New York, NY, and Cleveland, OH.

http://washington.em....php?id=421&L=1

Passports are not actually an Embassy function. They are a Consular function. No country has more than one Embassy to the USA but many have additional Consulates. Slovenia has Consulates in New York and Cleveland.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Don't change it; that only adds a new layer if hassles onto the process.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Slovenian citizens can also apply for new passports in New York, NY, and Cleveland, OH.

http://washington.em....php?id=421&L=1

Passports are not actually an Embassy function. They are a Consular function. No country has more than one Embassy to the USA but many have additional Consulates. Slovenia has Consulates in New York and Cleveland.

Thanks pushbrk, but still too far from Cali to fly there just for a passport. And they don't issue them by mail, I checked. :( I guess I am stuck with my maiden name in my passport :unsure:

My Immigration Journey:

Timeline

Thanks pushbrk, but still too far from Cali to fly there just for a passport. And they don't issue them by mail, I checked. :( I guess I am stuck with my maiden name in my passport :unsure:

Those are the breaks, at least until you have reason to travel East. You probably know this but this means if you travel on any trip that requires a passport instead of driver license, green card or State ID, you'll need to travel in your passport name.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Timeline

Will your passport office void your current passport and let you keep it? That way you can show both passports on your return journey. Or, perhaps they will mail the new one to your home in the US? Why don't you give them a call or send them an email. I'm sure you're not the only citizen who has run into this difficulty. Good luck.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Will your passport office void your current passport and let you keep it? That way you can show both passports on your return journey. Or, perhaps they will mail the new one to your home in the US? Why don't you give them a call or send them an email. I'm sure you're not the only citizen who has run into this difficulty. Good luck.

They punch holes in your old one and let you keep it but would I be able to check-in at the airport without a problem (if I showed both passports)?

I only just got married (on K-1) so I am not planning to go home anytime soon but I was just wondering. Would love my passport to be in my married name someday :) Thanks for replies.

My Immigration Journey:

Timeline

They punch holes in your old one and let you keep it but would I be able to check-in at the airport without a problem (if I showed both passports)?

I only just got married (on K-1) so I am not planning to go home anytime soon but I was just wondering. Would love my passport to be in my married name someday :) Thanks for replies.

That would probably work but you can certainly call the airline and ask. Even call their office at the airport abroad.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.