bunnybaby

Early biometrics walk-in done at Los Angeles ASC (different date/different location)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: China
Timeline

In case anybody on this forum in looking for experience of early walk-in of biometrics in Los Angeles area, I did it this morning! I received the FP notice yesterday, and was scheduled for FP appointment on March 17, 2010 at the ASC close to my home. But after reading many posts on VJ, I decided to do an early walk-in at the ASC close to my work today (the one located on Wilshire, Los Angeles).

I went there at about 1:00 pm. The lobby was pretty much empty with maybe only 15 people waiting in the row. The guard was super nice. He didn't even bother to check the location/date on my FP notice. He just checked my ID and let me in. It took me only about 30 minutes to get everything done. Super pleasant experience!

BTW, based on my research, Gardena and Bellflower (both in Great Los Angeles area) would also allow you to do early walk-in. Hope this is helpful information to those in southern California.

Good luck to everybody! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nice thanks for this info!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Whats the address for the one on Wilshire that you went?

AOS from K-1

3/09/2011: filed I-485 + EAD

3/11: Delivered Chicago Lockbox

3/15: text and email confirmation/Check Cashed/NOA1 sent

3/16: touched

3/18: rec hardcopy NOA1

3/21: rec biometrics appointment for 4/08 planning walk in for 3/23

3/22: successful walk in biometrics exactly 3 months since POE

5/14: touched/text & email notice of EAD approval

5/16: EAD in hand

7/1: Text/email notice for interview

8/3: Interview.............Approved!!!!

8/13: Green Card in hand

• 6 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I created a log-in especially to thank the original poster - bunnybaby. The ASC assigned to me is Montebello in greater Los Angeles. I had a biometrics scheduled. However I had to be out of town on that day due to prescheduled office work. I went a week early to try and see if they can do something. This guard dude who has been there forever was rude. He flatly declined. I said fine, reschedule. 9 weeks. No case update. No letter. USCIS sucks when you move away from their 'automated process'. For 9 weeks there was nothing, zilch, nada, zero update.

After reading post here, I gave the Wilshire ASC a try. I was in and out in 20 mins. I also work in downtown LA so it was a breeze for me to take a 15 min walk and not worry about parking. The ASC was very good. Friendly staff, no questions asked and no hesitation. They acted as if they were pleased to see me there. I wonder why the difference when they all work for the same USCIS.

The Montebello centre also sucks for congestion and parking. I hate to go there and I hope I won't have to see that place anymore. It's not too clean either. The Wilshire office is great and for a change nice to see smiling workers. I did not see this post earlier so didn't know about Wilshire ASC. Wish I had seen this post earlier. After I got the biometrics done, I promptly received a case update.

So thanks to bunnybaby.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I also created an account to thank the OP- thank you! I'd read a lot of conflicting opinions about walk-in's until I came across this thread.

My wife (citizen of South Korea) has not yet received her biometrics appointment for adjustment of status (i485), but it should be coming this week. As soon as we get it we'll try to do a similar afternoon walk-in at the wilshire ASC. I'll post back with the results.

Good luck all.

I created a log-in especially to thank the original poster - bunnybaby. The ASC assigned to me is Montebello in greater Los Angeles. I had a biometrics scheduled. However I had to be out of town on that day due to prescheduled office work. I went a week early to try and see if they can do something. This guard dude who has been there forever was rude. He flatly declined. I said fine, reschedule. 9 weeks. No case update. No letter. USCIS sucks when you move away from their 'automated process'. For 9 weeks there was nothing, zilch, nada, zero update.

After reading post here, I gave the Wilshire ASC a try. I was in and out in 20 mins. I also work in downtown LA so it was a breeze for me to take a 15 min walk and not worry about parking. The ASC was very good. Friendly staff, no questions asked and no hesitation. They acted as if they were pleased to see me there. I wonder why the difference when they all work for the same USCIS.

The Montebello centre also sucks for congestion and parking. I hate to go there and I hope I won't have to see that place anymore. It's not too clean either. The Wilshire office is great and for a change nice to see smiling workers. I did not see this post earlier so didn't know about Wilshire ASC. Wish I had seen this post earlier. After I got the biometrics done, I promptly received a case update.

So thanks to bunnybaby.

Timeline

My wife just received a biometric appointment for mid-November at the Fairfax ASC.

However, we will try to walk in at the Wilshire ASC next week based on the positive experiences of the OP and others.

I'll post back with our experiences and results. Thanks again OP.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My wife's walk-in biometrics at the Wilshire ASC was successful and the whole experience was unbelievably smooth and pleasant:

- total time: 15 minutes (from entering to exiting)

- # people waiting: 5

- arrival time: 2PM-ish

All the staff were were unexpectedly friendly. In particular, the guards were super nice and let me wait inside with my wife even though I was holding our mobile phones- they just asked me to turn off the phones. My wife said the staff member who fingerprinted her was disarmingly welcoming and smiled the whole time.

When we first arrived, the guards asked to see her 797C ASC Appointment Notice and ID. Our scheduled appointment was at another ASC at a later date, but the guards made no mention of that and asked her to fill out a form. She was given a number which was called as soon as she was finished filling out the paperwork. After she was photographed and fingerprinted, the guards stamped our Appointment Notice and we were out the door 15 minutes after arriving.

For prospective walk-in's; your mileage may, but if you're in the LA area, this ASC seems extraordinarily accommodating and worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received my biometrics letter two days ago for an appointment on December 8th at the Pico and Fairfax ASC. But after reading all the positive experiences of early walk-ins at the Wilshire ASC, I decided to give it a try today since I had to be in downtown LA anyway.

It couldn't have gone better. I arrived shortly after 2 pm. There was one person in the waiting area and one other person having his biometrics taken. The guard asked if I had an appointment and I said I was hoping to do it earlier. He said, "Oh, I don't think that will be possible, we're so busy today..."--with a smile; it was obviously a joke. He asked me if I had a cell phone on me, and I told him it was off. Then, he took my passport and appointment letter and gave me a form to fill out. After I was done, he stamped my appointment letter and made small talk with me about Thanksgiving. I waited for less than five minutes to be called. While I was waiting, a few other people came in, and the guard was also super nice to all of them, and particularly helpful to a couple of folks who didn't speak English (he was Mexican-American and fluent in Spanish). The man doing the fingerprinting and pictures was very polite and efficient, if not as warm as the guard at the entrance. He said that his computer was being slow and he had to do all of my fingers individually more than once per finger, but that didn't take very long anyway. When I was leaving, I accidentally headed towards the entrance door instead of the exit, but another guard just waved me off and said it didn't matter. I was very impressed with the level of customer service and I'm glad to have gotten biometrics taken care of at a time and place that were convenient to me.

Naturalization

November 10th, 2014 (Day 0) - Mailed N-400 to Arizona Lockbox

November 13th, 2014 (Day 1) - Application received in Phoenix

November 14th, 2014 (Day 2) - Priority date on NOA

November 17th, 2014 (Day 5) - Check cashed

November 19th, 2014 (Day 7) - NOA received

November 29th, 2014 (Day 17) - Biometrics appointment letter received

December 1st, 2014 (Day 19) - Walk-in biometrics completed

December 6th, 2014 (Day 24) - Yellow letter received

January 7th, 2015 (Day 56) - Online notification of in line for interview

January 8th, 2015 (Day 57) - Online notification of interview scheduled

January 15th, 2015 (Day 64) - Interview letter received

February 13th, 2015 (Day 93) - Naturalization interview: APPROVED!

February 17th, 2015 (Day 97) - Online notification of oath ceremony scheduled

February 20th, 2015 (Day 100) - Oath ceremony letter received

March 5th, 2015 (Day 113) - Oath ceremony: U.S. CITIZEN!

ROC

November 15th, 2013 (Day 0) - Mailed I-751 to California Service Center

November 18th, 2013 (Day 1) - Application received at CSC; NOA date

November 20th, 2013 (Day 3) - Check cashed

November 22nd, 2013 (Day 5) - NOA received

November 25th, 2013 (Day 8) - Biometrics appointment letter received

December 13th, 2013 (Day 26) - Biometrics appointment

March 24th, 2014 (Day 127) - Card production ordered!

March 31st, 2014 (Day 134) - 10-year green card received!

AOS from F-1 Visa (June 2nd, 2011 - Wedding)
November 9th, 2011 (Day 0) - Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 to Chicago Lockbox
November 10th, 2011 (Day 1) - Application received in Chicago
November 15th, 2011 (Day 6) - E-mail notification

November 16th, 2011 (Day 7) - Checks cashed
November 18th, 2011 (Day 9) - NOAs received
November 21st, 2011 (Day 12) - Biometrics appointment notice received
November 23rd, 2011 (Day 14) - Walk-in biometrics completed
January 5th, 2012 (Day 57) - Interview scheduled notice AND notice of card production for EAD and AP
January 13th, 2012 (Day 65) - Combination EAD/AP card received
February 7th, 2012 (Day 90) - Interview: APPROVED!
February 10th, 2012 (Day 93) - Green card production ordered
February 15th, 2012 (Day 98) - Green card received!

• 10 months later...

I just did an early walk-in at the ASC on Pico and it took 5 min in total.

She took my letter and ID, told me fill out a form and asked me to sit down. There was nobody else waiting. I sat for 2 seconds and then was called in for the biometrics. I even had time to get lunch afterward B-)

02/01/2007 - entered US and started working on L1

02/01/2010 - transferred to H1-B

05/08/2010 - met my love

08/11/2012 - got married! :)

AOS (from H1-B) Timeline:

09/11/2012 - (xx) - 130, 485, 765, 131 package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 11:53am (Express Mail address)

09/14/2012 - (03) - checks cashed

09/21/2012 - (10) - received hard copies of NOAs for I-130, I-131, I-485,I-765 and biometrics appointment letter

09/24/2012 - (13) - walk-in biometrics completed

11/10/2012 - (60) - text/email: EAD card production ordered

11/14/2012 - (64) - 2nd text/email: EAD card production ordered

11/16/2012 - (66) - text/email: EAD card has been mailed

11/21/2012 - (71) - EAD/AP in hand

12/04/2012 - (84) - text/email: Interview scheduled for January 8th! :)

01/08/2013 - (119) - Interview. Approved on the spot :)

01/16/2013 - (126) - GC in hand! Done for 2 years

ROC:

10/14/2014: mailed ROC package

10/20/2014: NOA 1 recieved

10/24/2014: Walk-in Biometrics

03/26/2015: 10 yr GC in mail :)

N-400:

02/18/2014: mailed N-400 package

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just got back from a successful walk-in biometrics collection at Pico/Fairfax ASC. A couple of days ago I received a notice saying that my biometrics appointment was scheduled for Jan 4, 2013 at the ASC in Syracuse, NY (the closest location to the address on my application). I am currently on vacation in Los Angeles and will not be back in Syracuse on that date, so I thought I'd try to do a walk-in at the Pico/Fairfax location. It's a storefront in a strip mall. I figured the day after Boxing Day would not be too busy and I was right. There were maybe 4 other people there and everyone was getting processed really quickly. The guard did not even look at the location or date on my appointment letter, he just wanted to see that I had one and my ID (passport). I told him "this is a walk-in, is that ok?" and he said "sure". I filled out a form and returned it to him. He stamped and signed my appointment form, gave me a number and directed me to a chair at the front of the room. My number was immediately called by the woman doing the biometrics collection. Fingerprint collection took a while but was fine; signature was collected electronically, photo taken, and then I was told I was free to go with my passport and appointment letter. Very straightforward process.

I'm so glad I found the visajourney forum as without it I would not have even known that it was possible to do a walk-in at a different location and I would have just rescheduled the Syracuse appointment for later, slowing the process down.

Edited by jane78

Me: F1 to OPT to H1-B to Conditional Greencard to Greencard to US Citizen
Him: Born a US Citizen
We met and fell in love.

Family-Based Adjustment of Status from within US
Nov 8, 2012: Married
Dec 4, 2012: Sent petition to Chicago lockbox by USPS Priority Mail
Dec 6, 2012: USPS Delivery Confirmation shows application arrived at Chicago lockbox
Dec 7, 2012: "Received Date" listed on paper NOA1s
Dec 11 2012: E-mail and text NOA1s for I-485, I-765, I-131, I-130 received
Dec 12, 2012: Checks for I-130 and I-485 cashed by USCIS
Dec 14, 2012: Paper NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-30 received by mail
Dec 24, 2012: Paper NOA1 for I-131 received by mail
Dec 24, 2012: Biometrics appointment notice (dated Dec 14, 2012) received by mail showing appointment scheduled for Jan 4, 2012 at ASC in Syracuse, NY
Dec 27, 2012: Walk-in biometrics completed at Pico/Fairfax ASC in Los Angeles, CA
Jan 8, 2013: Request for initial interview (dated Jan 3, 2013) received by mail
Feb 7, 2013: Interview date at Albany, NY field office. Greencard approved at interview! 62 days after initial receipt of application at Chicago.

Feb/Mar sometime: Received greencard in the mail. I can't remember the exact date, I have blocked it out as it was so traumatizing. It was just my luck that the USPS had some kind of substitute postal worker on duty the day my greencard arrived. For some reason that's never been explained to me, he didn't deliver my greencard and instead it got placed back into the postal system. We pushed the postmaster to find it and it was eventually found and hand-delivered by the postmaster to our house about two weeks later. The longest two weeks of my life!

Removal of Conditions

Nov 24, 2014: Sent I-751 to California Service Center by USPS Priority Mail

Nov 25, 2014: USPS Delivery Confirmation shows application arrived at California Service Center

Dec 5, 2014: Paper NOA1 for I-751 received by mail

Jan 5, 2015: Biometrics completed at Pico/Fairfax ASC in Los Angeles, CA

May 4, 2015: Date of decision on removal of conditions (approved)

May 7, 2015: Paper NOA2 for I-751 received by mail indicating removal of conditions had been approved

Naturalization

Jan 18, 2017: Sent N-400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox by USPS Express Mail

Jan 19, 2017: USPS Delivery Confirmation shows application arrived at Phoenix, AZ

Jan 24, 2017: Paper NOA1 notice date

Feb 13, 2017: Walk-in biometrics completed at ASC in Los Angeles, CA

Jun 09, 2017: Paper NOA2 for interview schedule

Jul 11, 2017: Naturalization Interview. Result: Recommended for approval. 

Jul 12, 2017: Received email and text notification that my oath ceremony had been scheduled.

Jul 14, 2017: Received N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony 

Jul 18, 2017: Oath Ceremony completed and certificate of citizenship received. 

182 days or about 6 months from filing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.