ReeyohChris

Medical Exam in K1 Visa

16 posts in this topic

What? :blink:

Edit:

Apparently someone else suggested this in another thread.

Although it seems a bit of a strange suggestion.

The x-ray is a test for TB, as far as I'm aware.

If you have TB, there's nothing that drinking any combination of liquids is going to do to help you.

If you don't, then you should be fine.

There really isn't any need for any specialized drink.

And I doubt it has any effect.

Edited by TwoCats

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What? :blink:

Edit:

Apparently someone else suggested this in another thread.

Although it seems a bit of a strange suggestion.

The x-ray is a test for TB, as far as I'm aware.

If you have TB, there's nothing that drinking any combination of liquids is going to do to help you.

If you don't, then you should be fine.

There really isn't any need for any specialized drink.

And I doubt it has any effect.

:thumbs: Thanks for the reply! Im just so worried bcoz i read in some blogs that when the physician saw or sees just a simple spot they will stamp your papers "for SPUTUM exam". Thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:thumbs: Thanks for the reply! Im just so worried bcoz i read in some blogs that when the physician saw or sees just a simple spot they will stamp your papers "for SPUTUM exam". Thanks again!

They look at enough x-rays that they should be reasonably good at detecting the difference between a smudge on the film or an old scar from something that might be an active TB infection. If they do detect something then getting a sputum test is actually a good thing, and might even save your life. The x-ray can detect the infection while it's still fairly small and relatively easy (albeit time consuming) to treat. The infection grows very slowly, and responds to treatment just as slowly. If you waited until you had severe symptoms then it could kill you before the treatment could kill the infection.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to Consulate/Embassy forum...

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

thanks for the reply everyone! another thing, is having a cold or flu will give negative result in xray?

:no: No.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thanks for the reply everyone! another thing, is having a cold or flu will give negative result in xray?

No. A cold or flu is a viral infection that infects individual cells in your respiratory system. The infection causes inflammation, but this inflammation would not be detectable as mass in an x-ray. TB is a bacterial infection that grows in colonies within your lungs. The bacterial mass is detectable by x-ray.

Cold or flu virus infects only the cells near the inner surface of your lungs. These cells die and are replaced by new cells, so there is usually no scarring. TB kills cells much deeper, and usually causes permanent scarring of the lung tissue. These scars are also detectable by an x-ray. Although they have a higher mass than the normal lung tissue, they have a lower mass than an active TB bacterial colony. An experienced radiologist can tell the difference between an active TB colony and a scar from a previous infection.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

First they give you a shot..that's the test for TB. Only if it turn out positive you need the xray. The TB test will turn out positive not only if you have TB but also if you did receive a TB vaccine ( compulsory vaccine in some countries for kids/teenagers). If you can prove you had a tb vaccine in the past, no need for an xray.

First they give you a shot..that's the test for TB. Only if it turn out positive you need the xray. The TB test will turn out positive not only if you have TB but also if you did receive a TB vaccine ( compulsory vaccine in some countries for kids/teenagers). If you can prove you had a tb vaccine in the past, no need for an xray.

Your information is incorrect. St. Lukes does not administer skin tests for TB. Every adult is required to have an x-ray.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Oh..Sorry then, Poland does and so does U.S, hence the information. I had a medical exam done in states some time ago...my tb skin test was positive due to the TB vacine i received in the past...i guess it varies.

Timeline

That is correct, a skin test is usually done first then a x-ray is needed if the results are positive on the skin test. But since the Philippines give out TB vaccinations, the results will almost always come out as a false-positive, so that's why they go directly to x-rays to get confirmation right away.

Timeline

Hello is bear brand sterilized milk and pineapple juice really effective 100% in preparation for XRAY exam?! Thanks!

What ever floats your boat!!! Milk products create mucous which coats the linings of the lungs. Maybe this product creates more then most. Maybe the enzymes act to congeal the mucous to cover the scar tissue? I have heard this from more than one individual. I think this is used to normalize blood chemistry. The worst thing that could happen is an upset stomach and the "RUNS".

event.png

event.png

Timeline

That is correct, a skin test is usually done first then a x-ray is needed if the results are positive on the skin test. But since the Philippines give out TB vaccinations, the results will almost always come out as a false-positive, so that's why they go directly to x-rays to get confirmation right away.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.