Faisal khan

k1 admin process update

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My k1 was in admin process from last 2 years after my interview in U.S embassy Islambad, when i called last time 1 month ago to U.S embassy Islamabad they said we are sending your case back b/c embassy assumes you are married not engaged.

Today i got 2 case status updates from USCIS but could not understand what does that mean can you guys help me to understand that.

********************1st status update ***********************

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On February 22, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

******************** 2nd status update ***********************

On February 22, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

can anybody understand what does that mean ? last week my fiancée visited Pakistan and we married b/c it was already delayed due to admin process, now what you suggest i want to withdrwal from k1 and file marriage visa.

My k1 was in admin process from last 2 years after my interview in U.S embassy Islambad, when i called last time 1 month ago to U.S embassy Islamabad they said we are sending your case back b/c embassy assumes you are married not engaged.

Today i got 2 case status updates from USCIS but could not understand what does that mean can you guys help me to understand that.

********************1st status update ***********************

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On February 22, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

******************** 2nd status update ***********************

On February 22, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

can anybody understand what does that mean ? last week my fiancée visited Pakistan and we married b/c it was already delayed due to admin process, now what you suggest i want to withdrwal from k1 and file marriage visa.

It appears that the USCIS reaffirmed your case immediately and returned it to DOS to grant the K-1 visa. Unfortunately, you no longer qualify for K-1 and must start over again with I-130 to request a spousal visa.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep, you will need to withdraw the I-129F petition due to marriage and file an I-130 to USCIS for a spouse visa.

I have seen this before.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Yep, you will need to withdraw the I-129F petition due to marriage and file an I-130 to USCIS for a spouse visa.

I have seen this before.

may be but u.s embassy islamabad told me that they denied and sending case back to U.S.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

may be but u.s embassy islamabad told me that they denied and sending case back to U.S.

They may only know about the first denial, and not that USCIS re-affirmed case and it is on it's way back to them. it may be at NVC waiting to be sent back to the consulate.

Contact NVC about status, and if it has not been sent overseas, you can ask them to pull it, or ask DOS Visa services.

Contact info: http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

They may only know about the first denial, and not that USCIS re-affirmed case and it is on it's way back to them. it may be at NVC waiting to be sent back to the consulate.

Contact NVC about status, and if it has not been sent overseas, you can ask them to pull it, or ask DOS Visa services.

Contact info: http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html

I am so confuse don't know what to do may be i should wait some time to get response from them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

No matter the outcome you will still be denied later on in the process since K1 is a fiance visa and you are not free to marry. I am sorry that you've been waiting this long but I agree with the advice you have been given.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It appears that the USCIS reaffirmed your case immediately and returned it to DOS to grant the K-1 visa. Unfortunately, you no longer qualify for K-1 and must start over again with I-130 to request a spousal visa.

:thumbs:

I am so confuse don't know what to do may be i should wait some time to get response from them.

You are married. You no longer qualify for a K-1 visa.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

finally i have sent a letter to USICS to cancel the k1 petition. Now should we wait for the response or should file the I130 package ?

File the I-130. You can have an I-130 pending before the K1 petition has officially died.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.