56 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am gona try calling them up again in like 2 hours and see how it goes . this is really weird because i have not received an RFE so i have no idea whats holding them up soooo much.

Their complete and total incompetence is what is holding them up.

And their arrogant belief that all they have to do is lie to you to get you to blow away like a crumpled leaf gives them no incentive to improve.

They are just a total and complete failure, plain and simple.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

I'm pulling for you. My NOA1 came on Sept. 2, and it kills me to hear that someone from the beginning of August has still not heard back. I don't know what I'd do without VJ. It would all be so much more frustrating not knowing anything. But still, knowing that CSC is processing some October filers is the worst.

event.png

Served in Peace Corps in Mongolia as a volunteer English teacher May 2008- July 2010.

August 2009 - Met Khandaa

June 2010 - Proposed

July 2010 - Returned from Mongolia

August 28, 2010 - Applied to VSC K1 129-F

September 2, 2010 - NOA1 Received

October 7, 2010 - check cashed

NO WORD FROM VSC - MANY ATTEMPTS TO GATHER MORE INFORMATION

March 16, 2011 - Finally allowed to submit service requestt - (told to wait 30 days for reply)

March 28, 2011 - Service Request Denied. They have an incorrect filing date in their system (10.01.10). Searching for a way to rectify this.

May 2, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Finally !!!! after 6 months and 3 weeks they issued me a Service Request ! Hopefully that should help i guess !

Plus they will contact us in 15 - 30 days !!! i hope they stick to their word !!!

I was worried about how VDC would do after their extended weekend. Could they keep the pace they had set before the holiday? Well, they never fail to not disappoint. I finally see ONE approval today.

Way to go, VDC. :wacko:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I was worried about how VDC would do after their extended weekend. Could they keep the pace they had set before the holiday? Well, they never fail to not disappoint. I finally see ONE approval today.

Hey, that's one more than CSC so far!

Finally !!!! after 6 months and 3 weeks they issued me a Service Request ! Hopefully that should help i guess !

Plus they will contact us in 15 - 30 days !!! i hope they stick to their word !!!

It's great to hear you got your service request in. Keep us up to date with how they follow up with you. I posted elsewhere that I was able to get mine in and they said they would respond no latter than March 1st. Lets see if they keep their word. And I do not want to hear something like, "its on an adjudicator's desk, we'll get back to you in 30 days."

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ONE! Typical failure by the most inept and incompetent organization on the planet.

Do these people take stupid pills when they come to work in the morning?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I was able to put in a service request a few days after my 5 month mark. Not the first time I called (technical difficulties, they said), or the second, but the third time was a charm. The trick was NOT to ask for a request because I felt I was "outside normal processing times." They wouldn't listen to me then. But finally someone put in a service request because I "felt that my case was taking too long" or something. I am not sure how she decided to word it, but in any case, I think the trick was not to mention their 5 month thing since they obviously stonewall you then. Or maybe I just got lucky on the 3rd time. I would recommend trying though because my case was put on someone's desk that day...now it's a 30 day wait, or so they say...

It makes me sad to hear about early Aug people who have not been approved yet. Honestly, that's unconscionable. How are you distracting yourself?

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was able to put in a service request a few days after my 5 month mark. Not the first time I called (technical difficulties, they said), or the second, but the third time was a charm. The trick was NOT to ask for a request because I felt I was "outside normal processing times." They wouldn't listen to me then. But finally someone put in a service request because I "felt that my case was taking too long" or something. I am not sure how she decided to word it, but in any case, I think the trick was not to mention their 5 month thing since they obviously stonewall you then. Or maybe I just got lucky on the 3rd time. I would recommend trying though because my case was put on someone's desk that day...now it's a 30 day wait, or so they say...

It makes me sad to hear about early Aug people who have not been approved yet. Honestly, that's unconscionable. How are you distracting yourself?

You know? I called Feb. 7, when I had 6 months waiting for my NO2. The operator was a very nice lady. I did not ask for service request or anything like that. Out of the blue she said ..mmmmm your application is out of the time frame, let me put a service request for you. On Feb. 14,I received a a text message that my case was approved.

Good luck to you!

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Just out of curiosity how long do you think I can expect something on my application after placing a service request, Plus i have even contacted my senator !

Just out of curiosity how long do you think I can expect something on my application after placing a service request, Plus i have even contacted my senator !

This is the same question I have. I was told very directly by Officer Mary that they have to respond to me by March 1st if not earlier. Also does "response" mean RFE or NOA2 or is it some 30+ more days bologna? I have not contacted my senator yet, but I may soon just to have more follow up.

Timeline

Well i was told i would hear something within 15 - 30 days. The officer gave you a specific date ? hmmmm thats good i suppose. Plus did you receive an email from USCIS when you got a service request number ? i know they take all your info and email address i figured they would send you like an acknowledgment receipt or something.

Well i was told i would hear something within 15 - 30 days. The officer gave you a specific date ? hmmmm thats good i suppose. Plus did you receive an email from USCIS when you got a service request number ? i know they take all your info and email address i figured they would send you like an acknowledgment receipt or something.

Initially on the phone I was told 30 days or earlier. Then I emailed VSC follow-up and Officer Mary said I will hear something in 15 days (March 1) if not earlier. I did not get any email about an acknowledgement receipt. You are right that they take all your info to follow up with you. I did get the guy's name, his badge number and my reference number for the service request. So I can use this to quote them on their "promises" and if I contact my senator.

We got a service request one day after our 5 month mark. In addition, we contacted both our Senator and Congressmans office to also enquire on our behalf. They both received an e-mail back, saying the following;

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records reflect that the Petition for Alien Fiancé (e) (Form I-129F) was received on September 9, 2010, and the Vermont Service Center is processing I-129F petitions within approximately 5 months. Additionally, our records do show that this case was recently assigned to an officer, and is under adjudicative review.

Processing times for specific applications and petitions at the Vermont Service Center (VSC) are provided on the www.uscis.gov website and are updated weekly. Based on fluctuations and variables that impact the processing times and for the purpose of interim or final adjudicative processing, the VSC allows 30 days beyond the posted date before the case is considered "Outside of Normal Processing Time" (ONPT).

An additional 30 days must be allowed for adjudicative review and processing before we can request expeditious processing based on ONPT. If the application or petition is still pending after 30 days, it will be forwarded for expeditious processing as an ONPT case.

For this case, that 30 day mark would be March 9, 2011. If you have not seen action on this case by this date, please respond to this email and we'll go about processing the case expeditiously as it will be fully qualified as outside normal processing times by then.

Thank you for your understanding, and patience,

So in USCIS own words, anyone on this site past the 6 month mark should be able to put in an expedite request.

We are still waiting, by the way............

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

well I am way passed my 6 month mark, ready to hit the 7 month mark. My senator as not gotten back to me yet, hopefully sometime next week !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.