gretchen_darren

K-1 expedite request

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

All,

There are cases that you can have your application expedited. It's not easy however, if you have a valid reason there are a number of ways to accomplish that task. I"m simply called, and they ask me why I needed this case expedited and later they request proof. In fact, we had out case expedited and we we for no contact to direct fax numbers and email contacts. It works but you have to have your documents in order. We where approved in only 3 months and 10 days. I could have been sooner but we didn't think of it until two month after our first notification in November.

Good luck,

Tracy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Question: has anyone ever asked the Embassy for help in expediting a K-1 application from the start? My finace is in the Philippines, in a very poor purok, nowhere near an urban section or town. To get to her village, you have to cross a river on a raft. I emailed the embassy requesting help while I am finishing my paperwork to file this week. I am in hte process of writing the cover letter now requesting expedition based on humanitarian, and extreme emergent situations. I am also planning on contacting my senators/state representatives requesting assistance. I thought I knew poverty until I saw the village. The village made a campground look good. It was very much off the beaten path for anyone but pinoys.

Cheers,

Darren

you may open a hornet's nest asking for this. It may look like she is marrying just to get away from poverty. Immigration is asking you to prove relaionsthip not poverty. Always can ask Senator for help. I did in March of last year and finally got a call in October. Still am waiting. got another call February 4th. Hope your Senator works faster than mine.

You are a very nice person. Being a Filipina i really can understand where you and your fiancee coming from. Mindanao really is not a good place for everyone not even for Filipinos. As some here had suggested, you can provide her a suitable place while waiting for the visa. You can convince her to live in Manila if that can give you peace of mind.

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Thanks for the replies so far. Yes, I do not know of the expedite will be approved or not. However, her situation HAS changed since meeting me. 1) she lives in the Mindanao region of the Philippines. there is a US Embassy travel advisory for this area. (northern end, but still part of the more fractured part of the Philippines. 2) I was the only American to visit the village in the last 2 years. 3) she does not cross the river to talk to people, it just so happens one of the mothers from the village lives here in town with me. We net online due to relatives living close by me. 4) I provided her a laptop, cell phone, and passport already to provide means to communicate with her, and provide support for her and her family. 5) as for gumming up the works, well, let's just say that is america. there are always exceptions to rules not rules with out exceptions as in many other countries. 6) As for sitting untouched or in a separate batch, etc. It is your responsibility to follow up, not their responsibility to let you know. 7) I have provided food for her and her family since we have started dating. Her dad insists she talks with me each and every day. They did not have separate rooms in the house until I provided money to them. The whole village, as well as those along the route (jeepney and bus) now know her and I are engaged to be married. It was a common conversation every day when going back and forth. 8) I bought her the first dress she ever owned 9apart from school uniform) 9) the engagment party was 37,000php.

[/quote

You are a good man for all the things you do and continue to do . We all here have similiar stories especially with fiancee's from the Philippines . I wish you luck on your journey and hope you can be reunited with her soon .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Thanks for the replies so far. Yes, I do not know of the expedite will be approved or not. However, her situation HAS changed since meeting me. 1) she lives in the Mindanao region of the Philippines. there is a US Embassy travel advisory for this area. (northern end, but still part of the more fractured part of the Philippines. 2) I was the only American to visit the village in the last 2 years. 3) she does not cross the river to talk to people, it just so happens one of the mothers from the village lives here in town with me. We net online due to relatives living close by me. 4) I provided her a laptop, cell phone, and passport already to provide means to communicate with her, and provide support for her and her family. 5) as for gumming up the works, well, let's just say that is america. there are always exceptions to rules not rules with out exceptions as in many other countries. 6) As for sitting untouched or in a separate batch, etc. It is your responsibility to follow up, not their responsibility to let you know. 7) I have provided food for her and her family since we have started dating. Her dad insists she talks with me each and every day. They did not have separate rooms in the house until I provided money to them. The whole village, as well as those along the route (jeepney and bus) now know her and I are engaged to be married. It was a common conversation every day when going back and forth. 8) I bought her the first dress she ever owned 9apart from school uniform) 9) the engagment party was 37,000php.

You are a good man to do what you are doing and continue to do . Most of us here who have fiancee's from the philippines are all going through similiar circumstances . I wish you best of luck in your journey .Hope you can be reunited soon .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks again for the replies. I want to state i am not trying to invent something or make something up to just get in line or expedite the process. The travel advisory warning issued by the US embassy, states no government offical can go into the area without US Embassy approvals (in effect the area is off limits). From the embassy website: U.S. Government employees must seek special permission for travel to Mindanao or the Sulu Archipelago. Travelers to these areas should remain vigilant and avoid congregating in public areas. Some foreigners who reside in or visit Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago hire their own security.

I understand how everyone else is feeling, there are many many dangerous places in the world today. But when you see children just flocking around you waiting for food, wanting just a morsel of what you do not eat. Always hungry. How can it not move you to tears? I saw so many children, so many adults, who just wish for a good meal every day. And the talent in that village was greater then most talent I have seen of people across the world. And yet I konw many of them will never get a chance to even utilize their talents. Poverty is poverty no matter where you are. The poverty, the lack of food, then the debt people are having to incur to survive, jsut survive, is terrible. Imagine having no food, no money, and having to buy rice, buy food on credit. Hoping another catach will come in, so you can purchase food. There are no refrigerators or freezers there, no milk that I saw, things are stored in containers in the open, unrefrigerated. In order to even drink water, they have to buy distilled water or boil water. they cannot even cool water after boiling it. some places have no electricity at all, or jsut one outlet for a while house. Many houses there are 15 feet by 15 feet for 7 people or more. YEs. there are places where people live in pverty all over the world. But when was the last time you heard of an area where a bus boming killed 10 people, all of the people in a village slept on the floor, many houses had dirt floors, people woke up and went to bed hungry, food was sold on credit, bathing is done out in the open under your clothes, hot water does not exist, refrigeration is non existent except for in a store, no one in the village has gone to college or can afford to,

As for travel advisory, spend some time on the DOS website its very common advisory.

As for the last time I heard about this type of poverty.. Haiti comes to mind, almost the entire continent of Africa, most of the rural middle east and much of rural South America as well. Eastern Europe is also full of poverty and modern conveniences in rural areas and it is cold there to boot.

Again good luck, the process is daunting enough without the additional requests for evidence and proof of expedite. The denial has the potential IMHO of slowing you down, when as someone else mentioned they go relatively quickly without expedite.

Filed: Timeline

You are a very nice person. Being a Filipina i really can understand where you and your fiancee coming from. Mindanao really is not a good place for everyone not even for Filipinos. As some here had suggested, you can provide her a suitable place while waiting for the visa. You can convince her to live in Manila if that can give you peace of mind.

:bonk: for mentioning mindanao is not a good place.. be particular.

im from mindanao and yet i haven't seen village as what the OP telling. but i believe what he was telling..that's true.and i appreciate him and admire him for everything he has done. :innocent: that's what i don't like people from north telling Mindanao are too risky for Foreigner,mindanao are poor ,mindanao are dirty. northern people are wrong and feel sorry for them because they don't get a chance to see the beauty ,there's a lot lot of beauty in Mindanao that people in North doesn't have.

im proud to be MINDANAOAN ..

for the record:

i haven't heard gun shots in my life

i haven't see dead people on the streets

I haven't see people killing people

THATS WHAT THE MEDIA ALWAYS TOLD ABOUT MINDANAO. I JUST HOPE THEY WILL NOT USED THE "MINDANAO" JUST BE PARTICULAR.. :(

and its crazy for telling the op to convinced her to live in manila,,

Edited by acrossthemiles

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

What is crazy about it? While I'm not suggesting a particular city (I'm not familiar with Philippines at all), if the major concern for an expedite, is to hurry up and get her away from the terrible life in her village, the point the poster is making is that you don't have to actually have the visa to do that... he can certainly help her to move to a more agreeable place WITHIN the country until the visa is made available.

(Of course, we don't know the OP's financial situation and whether that is feasible) but if he has the financial resources to do so, it is certainly a viable option.

And of course since you are proud to be from Mindinao, I would agree that a more suitable place IN Mindinao would also solve the problem :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

What is crazy about it? While I'm not suggesting a particular city (I'm not familiar with Philippines at all), if the major concern for an expedite, is to hurry up and get her away from the terrible life in her village, the point the poster is making is that you don't have to actually have the visa to do that... he can certainly help her to move to a more agreeable place WITHIN the country until the visa is made available.

(Of course, we don't know the OP's financial situation and whether that is feasible) but if he has the financial resources to do so, it is certainly a viable option.

And of course since you are proud to be from Mindinao, I would agree that a more suitable place IN Mindinao would also solve the problem :thumbs:

that post was for jay and cici.and yes she suggesting manila in particular.since you dont knw PI you have no idea..i will just wish gretchen and darren will have a good journey.. i admire that guy.. i can feel he is such a wonderful person. :thumbs: i pray to us all to have expedite journey in here.. God bless us all ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the family has never been outside of the area they are in. 1) they never have been to mcdonalds or jollibee until I took them. 2) going shopping is a rarity to them. 3) there is nowhere to send while waiting, all of the family pretty much lives in the village from what I know. 4) the furthest I know of them going is butuan or cagayan de oro. 5) I am having her get her vaccinations now, I will be paying for all of these. 6) I also paid for her cousin to take her exams for graduation.

Hello may i know from where is she here in mindanao?....i live here in mindanao too and i always have way to cagayan de oro too.....

Timeline

:bonk: for mentioning mindanao is not a good place.. be particular.

im from mindanao and yet i haven't seen village as what the OP telling. but i believe what he was telling..that's true.and i appreciate him and admire him for everything he has done. :innocent: that's what i don't like people from north telling Mindanao are too risky for Foreigner,mindanao are poor ,mindanao are dirty. northern people are wrong and feel sorry for them because they don't get a chance to see the beauty ,there's a lot lot of beauty in Mindanao that people in North doesn't have.

im proud to be MINDANAOAN ..

for the record:

i haven't heard gun shots in my life

i haven't see dead people on the streets

I haven't see people killing people

THATS WHAT THE MEDIA ALWAYS TOLD ABOUT MINDANAO. I JUST HOPE THEY WILL NOT USED THE "MINDANAO" JUST BE PARTICULAR.. :(

Im from MINDANAO too......i wans't know that MINDANAO is a bad place ....we have a peaceful life in here,in fact i live here in BUKIDNON where u can see mountains..My American BF loves to stay here people are friendly to him. And about that "risky village" i wonder where is that here in Mindanao because if there is a place that is too risky for people living there i think the government advice them to get away from that place......

Timeline

It's the OP's time to waste if he so chooses. It can't hurt his case. The worst thing that could happen (and as pointed out by numerous people in this thread likely WILL happen) is they could say no.

I vote for this one! :thumbs:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Question: has anyone ever asked the Embassy for help in expediting a K-1 application from the start? My finace is in the Philippines, in a very poor purok, nowhere near an urban section or town. To get to her village, you have to cross a river on a raft. I emailed the embassy requesting help while I am finishing my paperwork to file this week. I am in hte process of writing the cover letter now requesting expedition based on humanitarian, and extreme emergent situations. I am also planning on contacting my senators/state representatives requesting assistance. I thought I knew poverty until I saw the village. The village made a campground look good. It was very much off the beaten path for anyone but pinoys.

Cheers,

Darren

Darren,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. I am a newbie and can't be of much help, other than to keep my fingers crossed for you and positive thoughts for you and your fiancee.

My wife (from Thailand) and I are still waiting for our K-3 visa, following her interview on October 1st, 2010. The process is incredibly slow and needs revision.

Take care,

John

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Cheers,

Darren

Here is some information I found on reasons that you may request for expediting a K-1 Visa:

REVIEW THE USCIS EXPEDITE CRITERIA.

Visit the official USCIS web site. According to the USCIS (Department of Homeland Security), cases may be expedited if they meet any of the following criteria:

- Serious financial hardship

- Humanitarian situation

- Extreme emergent situation (emergency)

- Matter of national interest or security (Request must be made by a US government official)

- USCIS error or compelling USCIS interest

- Request by non-profit organization for the sake of US cultural and social interests

Read more: How to File a US Visa Expedite Request | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5957423_file-visa-expedite-request.html#ixzz1EhnnPtg3

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.