Canadiana013

k1-ers waiting for Montreal

397 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought the same about paying at Montreal the day of the interview but I'm now pretty sure you pay in advance.

My P3 has been mailed and I'm now waiting for it to be logged so I can schedule my interview.

When I'm on the Visa Information site and I go on further to schedule my interview I get a page about paying with a credit card.

I haven`t actually tried to get past this page yet as I can`t schedule my interview yet but it looks like I have to go through this page to get to the actual scheduling.

Maybe someone who is past us on this step can clarify for us!

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought the same about paying at Montreal the day of the interview but I'm now pretty sure you pay in advance.

My P3 has been mailed and I'm now waiting for it to be logged so I can schedule my interview.

When I'm on the Visa Information site and I go on further to schedule my interview I get a page about paying with a credit card.

I haven`t actually tried to get past this page yet as I can`t schedule my interview yet but it looks like I have to go through this page to get to the actual scheduling.

Maybe someone who is past us on this step can clarify for us!

I currently am at the same step you are Shorah. P3 is sent and waiting for P4 to book my interview. Let me know how it goes for you :)

Can you actually book your interview before you receive your P4 by mail?

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

I booked my interview the day that DOS told me Packet 4 was sent.

I paid when I scheduled my interview, but I believe there is a way to get past that page and pay at the time of your interview. JeannieL might be able to help more on that front, I know she skipped the payment part. :)

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, when you book your interview the website gives you the choice of paying online immediately with a credit card, paying at a Scotiabank branch, or paying (cash?) in person the day of the interview. As of today (March 15), the next available interview date is July 13, 2011.

I also booked my interview as soon as DOS told me packet 4 was sent. If I had waited until I actually received the letter in the mail, my interview would have been 3 weeks later that it is now. :bonk:

Timeline

So how are you all handling the CSC site- what I mean is : Is the person registering on the CSC site for appointment and DHL the U.S. citizen or the Canadian beneficiary? Is this also where we pay the $350 visa fee? I am the U.S. citizen and I am trying to decide what would be best. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the visa info site is for the Canadian beneficiary's information. When you register the site will ask your for your status in Canada (aka are you a Canadian resident) and what type of visa you are applying for. The DHL location is chosen so that the consulate can send the Canadian passport back to the beneficiary (in Canada). When you move to the consulate level the "beneficiary" is referred to as the "applicant" on the CSC visa info site. In order to register you just need your (Canadian) fiancé's passport number, date of birth, type of visa desired, name, and MTL case number.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I currently am at the same step you are Shorah. P3 is sent and waiting for P4 to book my interview. Let me know how it goes for you :)

Can you actually book your interview before you receive your P4 by mail?

I will, hopefully we get to book our interviews soon!

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't book my appointment yet but I can log to the point it gives me 3 choices to pay online :

VISA / MasterCard USD$350.00

American Express CAD$350.00

Scotiabank / PayPal USD$350.00

Is paying in cash day of the interview the 3rd one...?

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could answer some of the following questions for me. I'm the beneficiary and am trying to piece together what to do for Packet 3/interviews for my fiance in Canada. Some of these questions might seem pretty clueless, but I'm having a rough time categorizing everything into steps and when the appropriate time to complete something is.

1.) What does DOS stand for? I keep seeing this in the chain, but can't find an explanation.

2.) How do you book the interview when you receive notification that Packet 4 is on its way, but before the paperwork gets there?

3.) I want to get all of the documentation together that I can for Packet 3 before it gets to my fiance. So far I have all of the paperwork (minus the online forms) that are listed on this site: http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_pkt3. My question is, does he need to send more than what's listed -- such as photocopies of birth-certificate, police certificate, photos, etc? Currently, I'm only seeing the checklist for the actual interview, not the response to Packet 3.

Thanks for your help! Again, I'm sorry if these questions seem silly.

2010-11-22: I-129F Sent

2010-11-23: I-129F Received

2010-11-29: NOA1

2010-12-29: Touched

2011-03-18: Touched

2011-04-15: NOA2

2011-04-25: NVC Received

2011-05-06: Packet 3 Issued

2011-06-04: Packet 3 Logged/Packet 4 Sent (Delayed as we forgot the DS-160)

2011-08-02: Medical

2011-08-08: Interview - APPROVED

2011-08-12: Visa @ DHL

2011-08-16: POE at Winnipeg International Airport

2011-08-17: Wedding

Timeline

We'll do our best (we've got some extremely helpful members around here!)

Firstly, it sounds like your fiance is the Canadian?

1. The DOS is the Department of State - you can call them with your new case number after your petition goes through the NVC (the National Visa Center), and they can tell you whether anything has been sent to you or received by the consulate. Some agents are more helpful than others, but it's nice to have a place to go for updates. This is their number: 202 663-1225

2. You book the interview through this website: https://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/login - the CSC visa information website. I guess it's down this minute, but the Canadian should sign up with his passport, etc after his Packet 3 documents have been submitted (though you may not book an interview until Packet 4 has been sent to you).

3. He does not need to submit anything else besides what's listed on that site to the consulate in Montreal, anyway (I haven't read much about Vancouver lately). When he submits the checklist, and all the DSXXX forms, he should check off all the other paperwork he has originals of (the certificates and pictures) as a sort of declaration that those documents will be turned over at the interview. We do not need to attach the paperwork to the form as requested.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

Thanks for the help. :)

One other thing -- can you explain what DHL is and when it comes into play?

Timeline

Thanks for the help. :)

One other thing -- can you explain what DHL is and when it comes into play?

Hi BM Canada,

DHL is the courier service (like FedEx or Purolator) that the Consulate uses to send your passport back to you after your interview. When you go for your interview, you bring your passport and they will keep it to issue the visa (assuming the visa is approved). They send it to a DHL location near you and you go there to pick it up.

You can sign up for a DHL location on the visa info website that iampatricias linked for you. Sometimes the option for DHL doesn't come up on the website, so you have to call or email the booking service (see earlier posts in this thread).

Hope this helps!

Timeline

Thank you all for this thread. We received notice last Monday that our case has arrived to the NVC and will be forwarded to Montreal. I hope it doesn't take too long, as you guys mentioned, because I plan on moving to a different apartment at the end of April.

Is there a place where I can change my address this late in the process?

Fingers crossed!

Timeline

We changed my address with the USCIS in December, received written confirmation of the change, and my mail from the consulate is still addressed to my old address. I've recently emailed Montreal to request they change my address, but I paid to have my mail forwarded, and will probably pay again to extend the length of time for that.

I wouldn't count on wrapping up your dealings with Montreal before the end of April, in any case.

Edited by iampatricias

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

Hi all!

Thanks for being so helpful up to this point. It's nice to finally have a thread where people are willing to help out... some others are not so friendly.

Can anyone explain when the earliest my fiance can send Packet 3 off is? Can I contact the Department of State to see if it's been sent to him, and if it has, just return all of the paperwork and complete the online form before he actually gets the physical copy of Packet 3?

He's planning on coming to visit me in mid-April -- however, this is around the 5 month mark for the CSC service center. I don't want to delay at all in returning Packet 3, and might be having someone mail it back for us, if it's at all possible.

Thanks so much, again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.