Canadiana013

k1-ers waiting for Montreal

397 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to see what everyone else's experience has been with this!

NVC sent out our file to Montreal almost a month ago. I've called DOS twice, the first time they said it was still "en route" then a week later they said it still hadn't arrived yet. Is it possible that it has made it to Montreal but just hasn't been processed yet? I find it hard to believe that it would take a month for our file to travel from the NVC (Portsmouth, New Hampshire) to Montreal. Montreal isn't really THAT far away....

Anyone else out there still waiting for packet 3 from Montreal?

Any experience, advice, or tips (other than just keep waiting) would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It depends on the routing and if it has to check in at any facilities on the way, not to mention passing through inspection at the border. Then there is the bog of Montreal's mail room.

Go on USCIS and download the forms you can and fill them out, get some of your things ready that you need like, long form birth cert and passport photos and police certificate. Find your medical stuff and get it ready. That way when you do get the packet 3 then you can be on your toes finish it all up and send it off and have your medical done.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

It took almost a month for us from NVC until they said packet 3 was sent. DOS does not get updated until the consulate updates their data banks. Hang in there it will come. As Inky said. Download the forms and get things started to that when they do release packet 3 you are ready. :-) This is the link to packet 3 .... http://montreal.usco...=immigrant_visa Download the forms but DON'T pick the DHL location and DON'T do the DS 160 until you know that packet 3 is on the way.

Edited by JeannieL

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Montreal's mail room is backed up about 4 weeks. Theyre an incredibly busy and therefore incredibly slooooow consulate. Keep your chin up though, it will be opened and processed soon! :)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Thanks everyone! I have all the paper work ready (minus the online items - Ds-160, DHL etc.) and I have my immunization record, photos, etc for the medical. The file probably just hasn't been processed yet....unfortunately.

Gotta love Montreal, huh? It's hard to answer anything about them with any certainty. I'm sure your Packet 3 will be sent shortly. :)

I was fairly lucky in that I didn't have a lot of waiting to do. The only thing that's taking a long time is the wait for the interview. I waited about two weeks between being told that the case was forwarded and being told Packet 3 was sent. However, it wasn't actually sent until a few days later.

Edited by Coconuts

Gotta love Montreal, huh? It's hard to answer anything about them with any certainty. I'm sure your Packet 3 will be sent shortly. :)

I was fairly lucky in that I didn't have a lot of waiting to do. The only thing that's taking a long time is the wait for the interview. I waited about two weeks between being told that the case was forwarded and being told Packet 3 was sent. However, it wasn't actually sent until a few days later.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking this here, but when can we book the medical? We are waiting for our P3, and we want to know when can we go to the medical and what paperwork should we bring to them? Is there anything they (the doctor's office) give to me to bring to the interview?

Thanks!

Edited by TheFantastics09

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Timeline

I hope you guys don't mind me asking this here, but when can we book the medical? We are waiting for our P3, and we want to know when can we go to the medical and what paperwork should we bring to them? Is there anything they (the doctor's office) give to me to bring to the interview?

Thanks!

Well they give you the medical to bring?

You need to bring your vaccination papers with you.

You can book the medical after you have P3 because you need to fill out the P3 checklist, check off medical with the date of it, then send p3 back, then have the medical.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Well they give you the medical to bring?

You need to bring your vaccination papers with you.

You can book the medical after you have P3 because you need to fill out the P3 checklist, check off medical with the date of it, then send p3 back, then have the medical.

So call their office after I receive the 3rd packet. Got it. Thank-You!!! :)

Edited by TheFantastics09

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

I didn't book my medical until I had been told they were sending Packet 4. Packet 4 is the one with instructions on booking it.

I also didn't book my medical until I had packet 4 as the instructions are in it. I booked my interview first then called to book the medical to insure that it would be in plenty of time before hand. No rush in booking the medical, they will schedule you before the interview. All you need is 3 business days between.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

Anyone else out there still waiting for packet 3 from Montreal?

Any experience, advice, or tips (other than just keep waiting) would be greatly appreciated!

I`m on the same boat as you Canadiana, waiting on my Pkt3 from Montréal (I am the beneficiary). Check my timeline in my signature. I haven`t heard from them yet but NVC confirmed they sent our file on Feb 11 so it shouldn`t be very long.

Keep us posted :)

Cheers!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Hello again :)

We haven't had any word yet either. I drove into the States on Friday afternoon (with no unusual questions or issues) and flew from Buffalo to Seattle and am visiting my fiance for the week right now. I keep hoping the next trip will be the one where we can get married and not have to say goodbye again, but at this rate, I'll probably make another visit in April while we wait for an interview date nearly a year after filing...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah its kind of a tease, you wait and wait for your NOA2, then you get it and freak out! But then lots more waiting lol.

I got my NOA2 on feb 16 and I called the NVC today and they said they don't even have it yet, so frustrating.

So seems like it will be quite some time before I even receive my P3 from Montreal.

Looks like I will be adding another visit to my Fiance before the big move, I had figured as much.

I wonder what month montreal is booking interviews for at this point...I was hoping for July but thinking August was more realistic now I'm wondering if it will be even later, hope not!

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.