Canadiana013

k1-ers waiting for Montreal

397 posts in this topic

You are able to send in Packet 3 without actually receiving the paperwork. The entire Packet 3 checklist and forms are included on the consulate's website here:

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_pkt3

I did this, with the help of JeannieL, who also did this. I simply sent everything Xpresspost and made sure to put my case number on all pages I sent in, including the envelope.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What is that "proof of status" and is it for the petitioner or beneficiary?

They didn't ask me any yet... odd.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I for one, DID include colour copies of both sides of my Record of Landing and Permanent Resident card, along with every page of my passport with our I129f petition, but I am assuming it is a policy issue - "not a citizen? Request proof of status".

I'm assuming (again...sorry) that this Proof of Status business is only for non-citizens?

Edited by iampatricias

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are able to send in Packet 3 without actually receiving the paperwork. The entire Packet 3 checklist and forms are included on the consulate's website here:

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_pkt3

I did this, with the help of JeannieL, who also did this. I simply sent everything Xpresspost and made sure to put my case number on all pages I sent in, including the envelope.

Funny shes helping me out too, what a helpful girl lol

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Timeline

Well, that'd be great. My P3 was supposedly mailed on Feb 28 but I haven't gotten anything yet.

Really, so there is no other referral or case number than the on you get from NVC?

Don't you have to send your paperwork with DHL only?

Thanks!

ROC completed April 2014

Well, that'd be great. My P3 was supposedly mailed on Feb 28 but I haven't gotten anything yet.

Really, so there is no other referral or case number than the on you get from NVC?

Don't you have to send your paperwork with DHL only?

Thanks!

Nope. There is nothing in Packet 3 that isn't listed on the instructions on that website. There's no new numbers, your new case number that NVC provided you is yours for the end of the process. :) Packet 3 also instructs you to register for a DHL location that the consulate will send your Visa to.

That website is here: http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

That is also the website you will use to book your interview. But don't go that far until DOS has informed you that Packet 3 has been logged and Packet 4's on its way.

You can send it DHL, but that wasn't convenient for me so I sent it Xpresspost and it got there the next morning, signed for and confirmed.

Timeline

Nope. There is nothing in Packet 3 that isn't listed on the instructions on that website. There's no new numbers, your new case number that NVC provided you is yours for the end of the process. :) Packet 3 also instructs you to register for a DHL location that the consulate will send your Visa to.

That website is here: http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

That is also the website you will use to book your interview. But don't go that far until DOS has informed you that Packet 3 has been logged and Packet 4's on its way.

You can send it DHL, but that wasn't convenient for me so I sent it Xpresspost and it got there the next morning, signed for and confirmed.

Makes my day!!!

ROC completed April 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our NOA 2 was dated Jan 29. ( 170 days after NOA1 ) We received the notice that NVC had received our file on Feb 14th and within a week would send it off to Montreal.

Waiting patiently as well for that infamous P3 smile.gif

It is great that we can share here. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one who is waiting. Comforting to know , it is just all in the process.

Hope all of us waiting on the P3 can all post that we had beautiful summer weddings. heart.gif ( or sooner )

Aug. 11/2010 - NOA1 (VSC)

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Feb. 14/2011 - NVC received

Feb 28/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 3

End of Mar. /2011 - found wonderful help on VJ

Mar. 30/2011 - mailed pkt 3 to Consulate

April 8/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 4

April 15/2011 - Pkt 4 received

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Interview - May 18/2011 - APPROVED!

Our NOA 2 was dated Jan 29. ( 170 days after NOA1 ) We received the notice that NVC had received our file on Feb 14th and within a week would send it off to Montreal.

Waiting patiently as well for that infamous P3 smile.gif

It is great that we can share here. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one who is waiting. Comforting to know , it is just all in the process.

Hope all of us waiting on the P3 can all post that we had beautiful summer weddings. heart.gif ( or sooner )

Best wishes to all of you :). Our NOA2 was approved on Feb 14th and our packet 3 was mailed to us at the beginning of March. I hope we get it soon! >.<

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Timeline

Yes it is such a wonderful forum and everyone has been so helpful!

Should I address my P3 to any specific department?

If you send in your P3 before it arrives, just make sure you send it to Montreal's Consulate mailing address. It's different than its street one.

The United States Consulate General's mailing :

315 Place d'Youville Suite 500

Montréal, Québec

H2Y 0A4

ROC completed April 2014

I sent mine to the address listed on the website. 1155 St-Alexandre, or something like that. It got there the next morning, no issues. :lol: I didn't even know about the mailing address.

I didn't address it to any specific department. The only thing I included was my case number.

agreed. :thumbs:

I wonder why it takes so long for packet 3 to appear in your mailbox. Do you think maybe Montreal only sends out massive amounts of mail every couple weeks?

Maybe! I believe it was Jeannie who told me that DOS gives you the date that Packet 3 is READY to be sent out, not the date it's actually sent out. I know DOS told me it was sent on a certain day but when I finally received it in the mail, it had a date of a few days later than the date given to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.