December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:ot: If we are 'michiganders' will our fiancees become 'michigeese'? :lol:

:lol: Good one!

I don't know what part of Michigan you are from but I have learned that in the Detroit area where I live, there are over 22,000 people of Russian heritage and many more Ukrainians that live here. A few good Russian markets will be helpful when Lena comes too. The waiting is the toughest part even though I expected a lengthy process. I don't know what I would do without Skype. Thanks for the advice and your stories. Still would like others to vent too.

I'm just west of Brighton. Good to hear there are markets to make your fiancee feel better & get some products from "home".

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:ot: If we are 'michiganders' will our fiancees become 'michigeese'? :lol:

Well, what is good for the geese is ...NM.

All I can say is remodel the house. Worked for me. I never had a enough time and was sweeping the mess under the sofa when she arrived.

Alla hates public transport now. One difference here is that there are a lot more "undesireables" on public transport here than in Ukraine and Russia. At least as a percentage. because everyone there uses public transport whereas here is is only people that cannot afford a car or cannot drive for other reasons

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Her motivation is unbelievable. Lena will work as soon as it becomes possible. Of course, currently she nixes any thought of driving. She's fearful and as you know, the mietro is all she knows working 3 jobs, 2 full time and 1 privat part time job as a phys ed teacher and aerobics instructor. She knows that work will be difficult to find, especially here but she amazes me when tells me that she will work most any job. My two teenage sons have cars and they will help with her transportation needs initially. I'm sure that after awhile, she will assimilate and drive. In the meantime I will get busy and spruce-up the place. :-)

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Oh, by the way, the Fiddler is a great Russian cafe and they host traditional singers on weekends. The Fiddler is located on Orchard Lake Road in Farmington Hills. Good Russian market is nearby also on Orchard lake Rd near Northwestern Hwy. I plan to have our small reception at the Fiddler.

Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Alla hates public transport now. One difference here is that there are a lot more "undesireables" on public transport here than in Ukraine and Russia. At least as a percentage. because everyone there uses public transport whereas here is is only people that cannot afford a car or cannot drive for other reasons

I wouldn't even step foot on an S.F. bus for $100. We got all sorts of lowlifes on them. Maybe with an Uzi though B-)

I wouldn't even step foot on an S.F. bus for $100. We got all sorts of lowlifes on them. Maybe with an Uzi though B-)

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Years ago I used to travel to SF for business fairly often and always had a great time. It also has a lot of "texture" :lol:

In the category of "interesting" it would be my nominee for "city most like the FSU" :lol:

But I could always leave after a few days. I recall riding the cable cars and the conductors saying "cash or flash" I guess either to pay up or to show your monthly pass. I could only think that it was not an entirely safe phrase given the venue. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

In the category of "interesting" it would be my nominee for "city most like the FSU" :lol:

No, this is not in Africa....

This is across the bridge from SF but close enough...

7906 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA

mapow.jpg

It sits on MacArthur Blvd, named after General MacArthur of all people :hehe:

Timeline

This is the bus situation in the general area.....

RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- AC Transit bus drivers in the East Bay are so concerned about gun violence on one of their routes they want armed security. They say it is so dangerous, they and their passengers worry about making it home alive.

The drivers are relieved Contra Costa sheriff's deputies will be shadowing the 376 during nighttime hours, but wonder if it will last.

"These little kids at night, they're crazy; they get on the bus, they look, they're trying to figure out who's got money or something," AC Transit rider Robert Jones said.

AC Transit acknowledges some of the troublesome passengers are armed.

more here:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7953502

More of the stuff that goes on around here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rm4SazjKsQ

Timeline

This is the bus situation in the general area.....

RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- AC Transit bus drivers in the East Bay are so concerned about gun violence on one of their routes they want armed security. They say it is so dangerous, they and their passengers worry about making it home alive.

The drivers are relieved Contra Costa sheriff's deputies will be shadowing the 376 during nighttime hours, but wonder if it will last.

"These little kids at night, they're crazy; they get on the bus, they look, they're trying to figure out who's got money or something," AC Transit rider Robert Jones said.

AC Transit acknowledges some of the troublesome passengers are armed.

more here:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7953502

More of the stuff that goes on around here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rm4SazjKsQ

In Vermont the bus passengers can carry concealed handguns. People get on the bus, smile and sit. Face forward and ride.

when will CA ever learn?

Gary And Alla

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi again everyone,

It's interesting to read others' posts about the anxiety of waiting; thank you for sharing - it helps. I'm leaving tomorrow for Nicaragua to visit Erico, and I'm feeling confused, because part of me is so excited to see him, and another part of me feels more anxious than I've ever felt. To me, now that we're in this visa process and have decided to get married, the distance has been harder than ever, I think because there's so much more at stake. I live alone in an apartment, and I used to love my solitude and space; now, coming home after work is suddenly really lonely because I'm ready to open my space and life up to Erico. Erico lives with his family, and he says it helps him because he can stay distracted and comforted by talking with his sisters, mother, and nephews. He laughs thinking about me living in a tiny house with six other people! He says, "you wouldn't last even a single day!"

I've tried to ease my anxiety by getting excited about Erico's arrival; I love to think about all the places I'll take him, and the adventures I want to share, spending time with my/our friends, traveling around the eastern and western US. At first after filing the K-1 petition, I tried to comfort myself by involving him in these conversations; I'd ask, "what do you envision life is like here?" "What would you like to do for work?" "Do you think you'll like it here?" I sent him a list of all the things I want to do with him when he arrives. He's been slower to dream like this, I think in part because he has no clear idea of what the US will be like or how it will feel, and because he's very much processing the fact that he'll be leaving behind everything he's ever known. These days, I'm not pushing the "dreaming" about our life here; I've shifted my focus to supporting and reassuring him that I will love and protect and support him when he's here. I'm moving more slowly now, trying hard to respect his emotional process of letting go. I suspect we'll go through various stages of adjustment and dreaming, excitement and fear between now and the interview.

In the meantime, managing my anxiety has to be a priority. I'm half present in my life here, and that's not a sustainable place to be emotionally. I'm working on it and trying to stay positive; some days are better, some days are worse.

Rachel

Well said Rachel. Like I mentioned in a previous post, most times I lumber through each day in a robotic fashion. Now, 3 months in, each day brings us closer to our happiness. Spring will soon come and then she will too. I'm glad it will be summer then.

Igor

Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

She keeps telling me that she doesn't want a car, and will take the bus (ha!). In Detroit, are you kidding? No metro here. She'll acclimate in time as you suggest.

She can always take the SMART bus to get around. I'm sure, after doing that for a while, she will find a way to get over her fear of driving.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.