George&Keti

I129F K1 K3 time discrepancy

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

So they can process it fast if they want, if there is will?

Isn't K1 designed to help couples reunite faster? It's more expensive too...

I find this simply ridiculous...

I look at timelines and get frustrated when I see K3 filers for VSC get NOA2 in 2 weeks. I understand there is also I130 but common...

It's like they are laughing at us....

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So they can process it fast if they want, if there is will?

Isn't K1 designed to help couples reunite faster? It's more expensive too...

I find this simply ridiculous...

I look at timelines and get frustrated when I see K3 filers for VSC get NOA2 in 2 weeks. I understand there is also I130 but common...

It's like they are laughing at us....

Don't know what you're reading but petitions intended to result in K3 visas don't anymore. K3 is dead. Nobody is jumping ahead of you in line.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We were told K1 would be faster by people who had already been approved and are now here in america. When I first started researching the folks doing I-130 weren't being approved as fast as the I-129 but now that's not the case. I'm mad at myself for not getting married while I was in egypt. Maybe it would have been alittle faster. I totally understand how you feel. Good Luck :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not sure what reading too.

It was K3 that was derived to reunite married couples when it was taking a very long time to get a spouse visa approved, for more than a year now NVC closes the K3 when spouse visa petition is approved at same time, and proceeds with CR1 spouse visa.

K1 primary reason to exist is not quickness, it is intended for cases where marriage overseas is dificult or imposible, for example a place with a rule in place denying marriage such as requiring age 25 before allowing marriage.

The timeline data may be wrong due to NVC closing the K3.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

For K3 I129F filers Feb 7 Dates are processed while for K1 I129F filers it's Sep 2

It's 5 montt difference and it's that way for 3-4 weeks now.

Just look at link on right

Don't know what you're reading but petitions intended to result in K3 visas don't anymore. K3 is dead. Nobody is jumping ahead of you in line.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

For K3 I129F filers Feb 7 Dates are processed while for K1 I129F filers it's Sep 2

It's 5 montt difference and it's that way for 3-4 weeks now.

Just look at link on right

Again the data is skewed due to K-3 being dropped in favor of CR-1 caused by people not posting an I-129F approval date when USCIS approves the I-130 at same time.

The timelines are only as accurate as the data entered into them.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Anyways in Georgia there is interesting system for Document registration. If you want Expedited service you can pay significantly more. But what the heck.... I would pay any price to be with my love... Why can't they have expedited service? Would be mutualy beneficial

Again the data is skewed due to K-3 being dropped in favor of CR-1 caused by people not posting an I-129F approval date when USCIS approves the I-130 at same time.

The timelines are only as accurate as the data entered into them.

Anyways in Georgia there is interesting system for Document registration. If you want Expedited service you can pay significantly more. But what the heck.... I would pay any price to be with my love... Why can't they have expedited service? Would be mutualy beneficial

I think everyone would like to be able to expedite their process, but then it would just put them in the same position of taking forever because everyone is expediting, so it that regard, it makes sense that they restrict it to military deployment, emergency situations, and all that, you know? Sure, the K1 route seems to take forever, but the time really does fly by, and before you know it, you've got your significant other here and you're married.

Take a deep breath; US Immigration is long no matter what road you take, but take solace in knowing that you aren't the only one going through it. The members here have been supremely helpful and encouraging.

Take care. :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Timeline

Yes thanks for encoragement.....

This board is realy helpfull

I think everyone would like to be able to expedite their process, but then it would just put them in the same position of taking forever because everyone is expediting, so it that regard, it makes sense that they restrict it to military deployment, emergency situations, and all that, you know? Sure, the K1 route seems to take forever, but the time really does fly by, and before you know it, you've got your significant other here and you're married.

Take a deep breath; US Immigration is long no matter what road you take, but take solace in knowing that you aren't the only one going through it. The members here have been supremely helpful and encouraging.

Take care. :)

another thing is when people send the I-129F for the K-3 they already submitted the I-130 at least a month prior. Some of the data is skewed from the whole process. Also, with the timelines on this site...they are only as accurate as the data that is put in. I would say there is a very small percentage of the whole that actually visit this site and then actually update their timeline.

Just like you...you havent put anything in your timeline yet....have you not filed?

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The USC can always join the military and go to Iraq or Afghan for 6 + months. You can get your expedite that way but you wont see much of your loved one because you will be owned by the military and sent off for months at a time.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

instead of going to the military, live in georgia for 6 months and you can file directly with the consulate. from what i understand, it is so much quicker as you don't have to go through homeland security, nvc, etc.

i applied for both cr1 and k3 as advised by my lawyer. being that they were approved the same time and processing takes the same amount of time, cr1 was a cheaper and better option...my wife won't have to file for adjustment of status when she comes.

he says k3 would be worth it if you see that the process is taking a long time. in that case, k3 could be advantageous.

Timeline

instead of going to the military, live in georgia for 6 months and you can file directly with the consulate. from what i understand, it is so much quicker as you don't have to go through homeland security, nvc, etc.

i applied for both cr1 and k3 as advised by my lawyer. being that they were approved the same time and processing takes the same amount of time, cr1 was a cheaper and better option...my wife won't have to file for adjustment of status when she comes.

he says k3 would be worth it if you see that the process is taking a long time. in that case, k3 could be advantageous.

The K3 used to be advantageous for some, back when it was still actually available. Your lawyer is at least a year behind the times. NVC effectively murdered the K3 visa February 1, 2010. Do some reading.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

The K3 used to be advantageous for some, back when it was still actually available. Your lawyer is at least a year behind the times. NVC effectively murdered the K3 visa February 1, 2010. Do some reading.

i could've sworn i was approved for the k3 visa when it was applied for.

my lawyer did his job flawlessly and had my wife's visa approved in 5 1/2 months.

i don't have to do some reading, i have a lawyer, that's what he's paid to do. :)

Timeline

i could've sworn i was approved for the k3 visa when it was applied for.

my lawyer did his job flawlessly and had my wife's visa approved in 5 1/2 months.

i don't have to do some reading, i have a lawyer, that's what he's paid to do. :)

I'm afraid you are confused. You just received a CR1 visa and it took nearly six months. A good result. What was "approved" with regard to the K3 was a "petition" not a visa. That petition and the I-130 that resulted in the actual visa were approved by USCIS the same day and arrived at NVC the same day and on that day or the next, the petition that you and your lawyer THOUGHT would potentially result in a K3 visa was summarily and without ceremony "administratively closed" by the National Visa Center. They've been doing this since 2/1/2010. Your lawyer didn't know that, so of course he didn't tell YOU. Now you know.

You never had a chance of obtaining any K3 visa.

USCIS doesn't approve visas. They approve petitions.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.