George&Keti

I129F K1 K3 time discrepancy

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

I'm afraid you are confused. You just received a CR1 visa and it took nearly six months. A good result. What was "approved" with regard to the K3 was a "petition" not a visa. That petition and the I-130 that resulted in the actual visa were approved by USCIS the same day and arrived at NVC the same day and on that day or the next, the petition that you and your lawyer THOUGHT would potentially result in a K3 visa was summarily and without ceremony "administratively closed" by the National Visa Center. They've been doing this since 2/1/2010. Your lawyer didn't know that, so of course he didn't tell YOU. Now you know.

You never had a chance of obtaining any K3 visa.

USCIS doesn't approve visas. They approve petitions.

i'm talking about the whole process buddy. we all know they approve petitions but from the moment he filed the petition to the moment my wife obtained her visa was 5 1/2 months.

for example, your timeline states you filed in 12/05 and the visa interview was 08/06 - it took 9 months for you to get the actual visa.

maybe he didn't know...but he knew enough to get the job done in less time and i applaud him for that.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i'm talking about the whole process buddy. we all know they approve petitions but from the moment he filed the petition to the moment my wife obtained her visa was 5 1/2 months.

for example, your timeline states you filed in 12/05 and the visa interview was 08/06 - it took 9 months for you to get the actual visa.

maybe he didn't know...but he knew enough to get the job done in less time and i applaud him for that.

I would not credit him for your timeline. He didn't make it go faster. You got lucky.

My timeline doesn't relate to yours. It actually WAS a K3 visa and it was the fastest one from China I'm aware of in all of 2006. (I'm aware of MANY Guangzhou timelines from that year.) The timeline from filing to interview was 162 days, not nine months. I do not credit ME (I managed that process.) for the fast timeline either. It was luck.

Your attorney was WRONG about the K3. It was NOT available and likely actually made your process SLOWER than if you had never filed the second petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My apologies, I didn't know I was talking to the title holder of the Fastest Guangzhou Approval in 2006.

You also didn't know you were talking to somebody who knows a lot more about the K3 visa than your attorney. Ain't my first rodeo.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.