hoopy507

SS card & Green Card

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife came to the states Jan 31 2011 and now 3 weeks and no welcome letter or SS Card or Green card,,,she came through Chicago and on a IR1 visa,,,just was wondering how long this will take or what are some methods of speeding this up...she wants to get to work and earn a living and just finish up the final process of being here,,,anyone with info for us would be greatly welcomed...and to those still in the machine keep the faith,,,it is worth all the hassle to be with the one you love,,,Hoopy :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thing greencard processing is backed up... it took 2 mos. to get my son's replacement card after biometrics when it should have been only two weeks

YMMV

My wife came to the states Jan 31 2011 and now 3 weeks and no welcome letter or SS Card or Green card,,,she came through Chicago and on a IR1 visa,,,just was wondering how long this will take or what are some methods of speeding this up...she wants to get to work and earn a living and just finish up the final process of being here,,,anyone with info for us would be greatly welcomed...and to those still in the machine keep the faith,,,it is worth all the hassle to be with the one you love,,,Hoopy :dance:

My wife entered the last week of 2010 and it took her almost 5 weeks for her green card. Since it has been 3 weeks since POE your wife can go to the SS office and apply for her card. If it's as in my wife's case, she was told her number would be available within 3 days and her card would arrive within 2 weeks. The card only took a week and was in the mail. Good luck.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, I've written much about this before, you can find it with the advanced search feature -

search term = 'SSA'

Member Name = 'Darnell'

tick on 'show as posts'

then get yer read on ;)

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

My greencard came today and its taken pretty much a month to arrive from the poe.

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Timeline

My greencard came today and its taken pretty much a month to arrive from the poe.

Ya know...i love your answer..thank you for just giving me the advice,,,,so many try to make this a pain,..thanks man,...we'll sit back and wait and enjoy our moments together,,,to all the others in the machine,.,keep the faith!

You're most welcome. Off the top of my head I think I arrived on Jan 18. So am roughly 2 weeks ahead of you.

Bizarrely I had 2 i797c's and 2 welcome letters (they look pretty much the same as the noa1 and noa2's) over 2 days. They came from texas. You can use them to track your greencard on the uscis website. Mine said it was ordered on Feb 15 and it came today - priority mail. So yes, Id say yours should come in the next couple of weeks all being well. Good luck!

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Timeline

in the machine? hoopy, yer a hoot !

in the meantime - feed the machine, use the advanced search feature as I've described..

errrr.

or not.

yer choice.

If you keep b|tching about it, I'll know you've not only NOT read my posts, and NOT found them in advanced search,

but

you've decided to NOT act on what you've read, when reading results in advanced search mode.

That sucks, much.

If you habitually utilize ywr cell phone to view VJ stuff, I'll suggest to you to find a PC, even at yer local library,

as

yer missing out, much,

with no results from 'advanced search' available to you, on that cell phone.

Be Good!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

From this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/277095-cr1-in-us-how-long-to-receive-social-security-card-and-green-card/

kandl133 wrote:

"The SSA clerk warned us about applying for a SSN "too soon" in fear that she may end up receiving 2 SSN. One through the DS230 (WHICH AGAIN THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS OPTION) and another through the application. He seemed to think this disastrous situation was not worth the risk."

What would be so "disastrous" about receiving 2 SSN #s?

My wife should be here (if all goes well with her interview) at the end of March. I want to file my taxes and so, would like her to get an SS# ASAP. I think the quickest way would be to go apply at an SS office rather than waiting on getting it from checking the box on the DS-230 (unreliable from what I have read in the about thread and others).

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Ok folks...my wifes Green Card came last week and now just waiting on the SS card,,,does anyone know how we can check on that and who we need to call..she wants to look for work and online you need the number to send apps in...so if any advice is out there it will be much welcomed...have a great day ya'll.....hoopy507 in Ohio U.S.A.....to those still in the wheels of "the Machine"...keep the faith!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok folks...my wifes Green Card came last week and now just waiting on the SS card,,,does anyone know how we can check on that and who we need to call..she wants to look for work and online you need the number to send apps in...so if any advice is out there it will be much welcomed...have a great day ya'll.....hoopy507 in Ohio U.S.A.....to those still in the wheels of "the Machine"...keep the faith!!

She can go to her local social security office and apply in person. I applied three weeks after my POE and had my card in 6 days.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

still no advanced search usage? OK !

I gave up trying to get my now wifes ssi card , denied 5 times, had proper documents will apply for ead when we file for AOS.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.