lovequeen

so upset and confused.

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hello everyone, i am not sure if i am in the right place.but i am having an emotional melt down

i went to my interview today and i was given a blue slip for my husbands taxes

however i am so nervous and worried that when i get back to them with this info

they may just deny me or put me in AP, OR AR.. what are the likely hood of that

happening? is getting a blue slip a bad thing, what do you think will happen

when i get back to them, will i be interviewed all over again?

they didn't take my passport, shouldn't they have taken it if they

had planned on approving the visa?

the consular officer asked me questions about me and my husband, and how we met, and stuffs like that,

then she asked me to show her pictures, which i did, then she asked what else i have, so i presented her

with what i had she looked over them, then asked to see my passport, then she gave it back to me and issue

the blue slip, with please provide federal income taxes for X yrs circled in red.

based on this information what do you think will happen?

please any one who has been in this situation and can help

i am going nuts! thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; At this point, you're visa hasn't been approved YET Maybe they need something else added to his tax returns. Haven't you asked why they didn't take your passport? I would make a phone call and ask what they need from you for them to approve your petition.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about this yet, since I'm "new" and haven't been thru the interview stage.

But I do know is, is that IF they have approved your petition, they would have taken your Passport from you in order to put your Visa in it and send it back to your home address.

I'd like to hear what other members have to say about this.

Good luck and don't panic, there must be a reason why they didn't approve you at this point. All you have to know is what they need more from you, so they can review your case and re-schedule an interview appointment.

:thumbs:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Hello everyone, i am not sure if i am in the right place.but i am having an emotional melt down

i went to my interview today and i was given a blue slip for my husbands taxes

however i am so nervous and worried that when i get back to them with this info

they may just deny me or put me in AP, OR AR.. what are the likely hood of that

happening? is getting a blue slip a bad thing, what do you think will happen

when i get back to them, will i be interviewed all over again?

they didn't take my passport, shouldn't they have taken it if they

had planned on approving the visa?

the consular officer asked me questions about me and my husband, and how we met, and stuffs like that,

then she asked me to show her pictures, which i did, then she asked what else i have, so i presented her

with what i had she looked over them, then asked to see my passport, then she gave it back to me and issue

the blue slip, with please provide federal income taxes for X yrs circled in red.

based on this information what do you think will happen?

please any one who has been in this situation and can help

i am going nuts! thanks!

Did you send the last three years of taxes to NVC? What do you think they will find out once they review his taxes, did he have income for those years?

Filed: Country:
Timeline

It varies from Embassy to Embassy and even then sometimes they do things differently.

If they had enough to deny you then they would have. It sounds like they just want to verify the income level for the Affidavit of Support. Did your sponsor not provide Tax Returns to NVC?

Did you also get instructions on how/when to provide the documents they are requesting?

When you present the documents one of two things will happen: They could collect your passport at that time or request it after they've review the Tax Returns.

lovequeen,

Sit back, calm down and take a few deep breaths! If all she asked for was your Husband's Tax Info that is simply what you need to gather and provide to the CO, did you neglect to include this in your documents that was initially submitted?

As far as another interview, I am not sure other than when you take the Tax info back to them. I am sure that all is fine and to put your mind at ease, call them and don't give up or let them off the phone until they provide you with an answer.

Just tell them what happened today and you want to be sure of what to expect. Once that you find out what is what then you will be able to relax and concentrate on what you need to do! :thumbs:

Gathering the info that they are asking for shouldn't be a problem correct? The sooner that you get this to them the sooner this stage will be all over with and you and your Husband can be re-united!:D

Edited by Luckywife2007

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

; At this point, you're visa hasn't been approved YET Maybe they need something else added to his tax returns. Haven't you asked why they didn't take your passport? I would make a phone call and ask what they need from you for them to approve your petition.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about this yet, since I'm "new" and haven't been thru the interview stage.

But I do know is, is that IF they have approved your petition, they would have taken your Passport from you in order to put your Visa in it and send it back to your home address.

I'd like to hear what other members have to say about this.

Good luck and don't panic, there must be a reason why they didn't approve you at this point. All you have to know is what they need more from you, so they can review your case and re-schedule an interview appointment.

:thumbs:

thank u for your speedy reply..and your wishes :)i will give them a call to see what is going on.

Did you send the last three years of taxes to NVC? What do you think they will find out once they review his taxes, did he have income for those years?

yes he has income for those 3yrs. but we had only submitted the most recent one, which was requested. we never gave them 3, only the most recent.

it is not a denial, simply present the requested docs. at the embassy for their review, if satisfactory ur visa should be approved.

thank i very much for your reply.

Timeline

It varies from Embassy to Embassy and even then sometimes they do things differently.

If they had enough to deny you then they would have. It sounds like they just want to verify the income level for the Affidavit of Support. Did your sponsor not provide Tax Returns to NVC?

Did you also get instructions on how/when to provide the documents they are requesting?

When you present the documents one of two things will happen: They could collect your passport at that time or request it after they've review the Tax Returns.

hi bob, no i did not get instructions as to when to submit the taxes, they only gave me the blue paper and told me to go to their website when i have

collected the requested docs, and make and appointment for a blue slip interview. the CO told me that since my husband was self employed they need to

make sure that it is an on going business, and since we had only submitted 1 tax return (we were instructed to by the lawyer) they said they need the last

3.so based on your comments i gather you do not think there will be a denial. but why not take my passport?

Timeline

lovequeen,

Sit back, calm down and take a few deep breaths! If all she asked for was your Husband's Tax Info that is simply what you need to gather and provide to the CO, did you neglect to include this in your documents that was initially submitted?

As far as another interview, I am not sure other than when you take the Tax info back to them. I am sure that all is fine and to put your mind at ease, call them and don't give up or let them off the phone until they provide you with an answer.

Just tell them what happened today and you want to be sure of what to expect. Once that you find out what is what then you will be able to relax and concentrate on what you need to do! :thumbs:

Gathering the info that they are asking for shouldn't be a problem correct? The sooner that you get this to them the sooner this stage will be all over with and you and your Husband can be re-united!:D

thank you for helping to calm my nerves :) the CO also told me that i did not have to take my daughter when i am coming back for my blue

slip appointment. if that bit of info helps to sorta see where it's headed. we did submit a tax return but only the most recent one, and he is self employed so she said she needs to varify that the business is ongoing since it's a personal business.

Edited by lovequeen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The bad news is that the blue slip = AP. It maybe long, it may be short.

The good news - it's unlikely for them to deny because this is a spouse visa. They can deny a fiance visa after AP.

She was just not in the mood to approve visa that day. My fiance had tax transcripts for the past 3 years at the interview, but they still asked him to submit the actual forms!!! I hate them :angry:

Timeline

The bad news is that the blue slip = AP. It maybe long, it may be short.

The good news - it's unlikely for them to deny because this is a spouse visa. They can deny a fiance visa after AP.

She was just not in the mood to approve visa that day. My fiance had tax transcripts for the past 3 years at the interview, but they still asked him to submit the actual forms!!! I hate them :angry:

am sorry to hear about your dilemma, yes she was giving everyone who came to her window blue slips.but we had only submitted 1 yrs tax return.

which is worse AP or AR? or what's the difference?

blue slip is not AP, it is simply asking to return with more evidence, once the evidence is submitted to their satisfaction the visa is issued. On the day of my interview 99% of applicants were issued blue slips for missing documents. Simply schedule an appointment to drop off docs. and if they are ok the visa will be issued.

Timeline

blue slip is not AP, it is simply asking to return with more evidence, once the evidence is submitted to their satisfaction the visa is issued. On the day of my interview 99% of applicants were issued blue slips for missing documents. Simply schedule an appointment to drop off docs. and if they are ok the visa will be issued.

hey, you have no idea how much you might have just saved someone from having an exploded blood vessel :) when i heard blue slip = AP my pressure

shot thru the roof lol...but you saved the day, thank u my friend :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, AP is a security check at Washington. AR is review at the embassy. Both AP and AR means WAITING!!! My fiance got a blue slip, 7 months passed after we dropped off the requested docs.

Timeline

Well, AP is a security check at Washington. AR is review at the embassy. Both AP and AR means WAITING!!! My fiance got a blue slip, 7 months passed after we dropped off the requested docs.

sorry to hear that your case is taking so long. are you saying there is a possibility i may go into AP OR AR?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.