Danielb4643

After my I-129F is sent...Now what?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I have been guided through our I-129F form using Visajourney, so first off a big Thank you to everyone for your questions and posts and fine details!

I only sent out the packet yesterday and I know I have a while to wait but of course anxious!!! So I have a few questions :)

Does it take about 2-3 weeks before approval if there is no problems?

What can I begin to get together now for the next stage with the I 134?

I personally do not have efficient funds, but my parents are willing to co-sign so do I still fill out the I 134? What do my parents fill out, how do they co-sign?

Other than the requirements for the I 134 form, a copy of the I129F packet, a new intent letter from me, a current history, what else does my British fiance have to have? Does he need any pay stubs or anything like that???

Sorry for the questions, again thanks for the help!!!

Danny n Sami

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome to VJ! and Best of luck on your journey. As of right now the I-129F Petition is taking 3-6+ Months to get approved. Right now you are waiting on the NOA1 which is your first Notice of Action. It's basically a receipt, saying they got your paperwork, once you get this and your check is cashed all you can do is wait. I wouldn't start getting things together until closer to the time your petition is approved because you want everything current for the interview.

Once your petition is approved you'll have time to get all the paperwork together. You'll need an I-134 from yourself even though you'll have a co-sponsor, and also one from your co-sponsor along with 3 years of tax returns/W-2s, A letter from their employer, a letter from their bank, and paycheck stubs also your co-sponsors birth certificate or passport to prove they're a US citizen. Your fiance will also need his passport, his birth certificate (Long form with his parents name on it, if he doesn't have it you can get that now), a police certificate from every country he lived in since he was 16, 3 US style passport photos, and some more paperwork which is asked for in packet 3 which you get from the embassy after your petition is approved. I'm sorry I don't remember what paperwork but someone else can help ya with that. Your fiance will have to go to London for a medical and then also for the interview. I know current/new relationship evidence is asked for but London doesn't usually ask for it. And the new letter of intent is needed if your interview takes place 4 months after your petition is approved, someone should correct me here, if the new letter of intent is needed, it might need to be notarized.

Things have changed with the payment of the visa, so I will have to let someone else step in here.

But best of luck to you and your fiance!

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

Thank you so so much for the comment!

Wow, yours did not take long! Very lucky :)

NOA1 is basically the proof of efficient funds, basically, correct? Or is it simply a piece of paper says yes you we got your packet...

Sorry to be critical but as you know this is very important and I want to know ANY way possible I can push things along.

How long do you think it will take for it to get approved so we can move on to the I-134 packet? Is this considered packet 2? and packet 3 is the interview packet?

So me and my parents both need to fill out the I-134 form. Do I need to try and get together all of the forms as well?

I swear I have read all this before but it gets all jumbled together...

Again thank you for the post and it is so nice to have help...scary process!!!

Timeline

Unfortunately, you will not get an RFE (telling you there is an error) until about 5 months, but don't worry, you won't have to wait another 5 months, if there is a problem. It'll be about 1 month after that. (You'll get about 6 months, if your paperwork is incorrect, and they request evidence.) I would have your fiancee get his vaccines up to date, now. They aren't needed for a K-1, yet, but they will be next to free on NHS, and he has plenty of time to get away from work, etc. That's about all he can do, now. For some reason that makes me nuts, it takes about 2-3 months after your NOA2 to get through London. Right now, expect 7-8 months for the whole process. 5 for approval of NOA2 to get it forwarded to NVC and then London, and 2-3 for the Embassy stuff. If you look on Igor's list or on the UK portal K-1 timelines, you can see what they are approving. Right now, it is about 9/28/2010 for California. Vermont is way behind. Aside from pregnancy, there's not much else that will help get you through faster, and that's only about 1 month.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you so so much for the comment!

Wow, yours did not take long! Very lucky :)

NOA1 is basically the proof of efficient funds, basically, correct? Or is it simply a piece of paper says yes you we got your packet...

Sorry to be critical but as you know this is very important and I want to know ANY way possible I can push things along.

How long do you think it will take for it to get approved so we can move on to the I-134 packet? Is this considered packet 2? and packet 3 is the interview packet?

So me and my parents both need to fill out the I-134 form. Do I need to try and get together all of the forms as well?

I swear I have read all this before but it gets all jumbled together...

Again thank you for the post and it is so nice to have help...scary process!!!

Hate to be blunt but there is nothing you can do to speed this along . You wait like everyone else for a few months and see if you get RFE if not then you will get NOA2 approval or denial preferably the first lol. The NOA1 is a receipt and that's it, they received it and it will then go on the pile to be processed like everyone else. They will cash your cheque so keep a track on bank account to see this. Damien and Kelly have told you what will happen with London so now you sit and wait as horrible as that is , it's all you can do now.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There's nothing really you can do to speed it up. Though London looks like it's speeding up, even if you put things together, you gotta wait. Wait for VSC, then your petition to be sent to London via NVC, then wait for London to send your fiance packet 3, only thing you can really do to make it go faster is prepare for packet 3 and send it off right when you get it, but you're still months away from that. Like someone else said, your fiance can get his vaccinations as they will still be current.

I got very lucky, as when we sent it off, they tried to speed up the pace at VSC, it didn't last long. Only thing we did to speed it up was send off packet 3 right when he got it, and I put all the paperwork together the day we got our NOA2.

The I-134 states how much your parents and you make. You each would fill out a separate one. Then you'd have supporting documents to prove that : Tax returns, pay check stubs... Since you don't make anything you wouldn't need supporting documents, just your parents would.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

In response to:

Unfortunately, you will not get an RFE (telling you there is an error) until about 5 months, but don't worry, you won't have to wait another 5 months, if there is a problem. It'll be about 1 month after that. (You'll get about 6 months, if your paperwork is incorrect, and they request evidence.) I would have your fiancee get his vaccines up to date, now. They aren't needed for a K-1, yet, but they will be next to free on NHS, and he has plenty of time to get away from work, etc. That's about all he can do, now. For some reason that makes me nuts, it takes about 2-3 months after your NOA2 to get through London. Right now, expect 7-8 months for the whole process. 5 for approval of NOA2 to get it forwarded to NVC and then London, and 2-3 for the Embassy stuff. If you look on Igor's list or on the UK portal K-1 timelines, you can see what they are approving. Right now, it is about 9/28/2010 for California. Vermont is way behind. Aside from pregnancy, there's not much else that will help get you through faster, and that's only about 1 month.

"IF" we get an RFE they won't let us know for 5 months?!?!?! (Really?) I am not too worried about this because our packet was massive (127pages long) with PLENTY of evidence! I will have him collect his shot records right away.

7 to 8 months is horrible... Hope it processes quicker but I guess I should not keep my hopes up! Well I am in California so luckily not Vermont!

Thank you for the post and information!

Do you know of anything else the my fiance needs for the next stage with the I-134 form? I know I need pay stubs and W2's and all that but does he need any of that? Any record of working or anything like that?

Thanks again!

Sami

Hate to be blunt but there is nothing you can do to speed this along . You wait like everyone else for a few months and see if you get RFE if not then you will get NOA2 approval or denial preferably the first lol. The NOA1 is a receipt and that's it, they received it and it will then go on the pile to be processed like everyone else. They will cash your cheque so keep a track on bank account to see this. Damien and Kelly have told you what will happen with London so now you sit and wait as horrible as that is , it's all you can do now.

So horrible to hear that but thank you for being honest! We will play the waiting game... how depressing...sigh*

But thank you for the reply!

Sami and Danny

There's nothing really you can do to speed it up. Though London looks like it's speeding up, even if you put things together, you gotta wait. Wait for VSC, then your petition to be sent to London via NVC, then wait for London to send your fiance packet 3, only thing you can really do to make it go faster is prepare for packet 3 and send it off right when you get it, but you're still months away from that. Like someone else said, your fiance can get his vaccinations as they will still be current.

I got very lucky, as when we sent it off, they tried to speed up the pace at VSC, it didn't last long. Only thing we did to speed it up was send off packet 3 right when he got it, and I put all the paperwork together the day we got our NOA2.

The I-134 states how much your parents and you make. You each would fill out a separate one. Then you'd have supporting documents to prove that : Tax returns, pay check stubs... Since you don't make anything you wouldn't need supporting documents, just your parents would.

Hmm alright then...

So what exactly do I need for packet 3?

What does my fiance need?

Thanks for the post!

Sami and Danny

Edited by DannynSami

Well he does have to indicate his employment history (if any) on one of the forms, but no they wont ask for any proof nor does he need any pay stubs.. :)

The timing is really relative.. some get it as early as a month, but the general average would be about 3-6 months :) Goodluck! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Well he does have to indicate his employment history (if any) on one of the forms, but no they wont ask for any proof nor does he need any pay stubs.. :)

The timing is really relative.. some get it as early as a month, but the general average would be about 3-6 months :) Goodluck! :)

Yes, he did give his employment history on the I-192F form that already went out but I was just curious if he needed pay stubs etc... So I am the only one that needs to prove my funds, not him?

I hope it goes quick, I am sure everyone hopes this when they are waiting as well!

Thanks again! :)

Danny n Sami

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Our check has been cashed!!!!!! :D:dance:

Don't think I have ever been happy about a check cashing...

Can I start getting stuff together now or should I still wait?

Thanks!

Sami n Danny

You still have a few months to go until you'll need to provide anything. In a week or two you'll get your NOA1, which is just a receipt saying that they received your paperwork (and cashed your check) and they are processing it. In a few months (right now seems to be 3-6+) you will hear something from them - hopefully NOA2, which is the petition approval notice. Then it will move on to NVC for a few days, then to the consulate for the interview. You don't have to provide any additional information until you get to the interview (unless you get an RFE, which still probably wouldn't be for a few months IF you get one.)

Also I wouldn't fill out the I-134 or ask your parents to until much closer to the interview date. The embassy will want to see up to date info, not pay stubs and a letter from employer dated 6+ months prior to the interview. Just try to be patient :)

Edited by katie & sifa

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Timeline

You still have a few months to go until you'll need to provide anything. In a week or two you'll get your NOA1, which is just a receipt saying that they received your paperwork (and cashed your check) and they are processing it. In a few months (right now seems to be 3-6+) you will hear something from them - hopefully NOA2, which is the petition approval notice. Then it will move on to NVC for a few days, then to the consulate for the interview. You don't have to provide any additional information until you get to the interview (unless you get an RFE, which still probably wouldn't be for a few months IF you get one.)

Also I wouldn't fill out the I-134 or ask your parents to until much closer to the interview date. The embassy will want to see up to date info, not pay stubs and a letter from employer dated 6+ months prior to the interview. Just try to be patient :)

Thanks for the post and I will try and stay patient... So they waiting has not even began? I have 3-6 months as of now :( They try and make this is hard as possible don't they...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

to answer the packet question:

packet 1: this is the packet you sent

packet 2: this is the approved packet sent to the embassy via NVC

packet 3: this is the embassy requesting information from the fiance/spouse

packet 4: this is the approved visa entrance packet handed to the fiance/spouse at the embassy and opened by Customs at point of entry.

The key things is know each others family, names, places, history, living, and work. Know relatives, key dates. Just plain know each other and get to know each other more while waiting.

Yes, waiting is hard. But this is just the first step in a long, long process. there are still many forms, and many procedures to go through. This is just the first step in along journey. May this step be short so you can go through the rest together.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks for the post and I will try and stay patient... So they waiting has not even began? I have 3-6 months as of now :( They try and make this is hard as possible don't they...

Yep, the 3-6 months wait for the petition approval begins now. Hopefully it will go faster! But like I said...just try to be patient. Getting to be with your sweetheart is worth it :)

Edited by katie & sifa

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

to answer the packet question:

packet 1: this is the packet you sent

packet 2: this is the approved packet sent to the embassy via NVC

packet 3: this is the embassy requesting information from the fiance/spouse

packet 4: this is the approved visa entrance packet handed to the fiance/spouse at the embassy and opened by Customs at point of entry.

^ This is not quite accurate - Packet 3, sent by the consulate abroad, is usually a set of forms, or instructions directing you to the forms online for the beneficiary to print and fill out. The forms filled out for Packet 3 make up the actual visa application.

Packet 4 is another set of instructions regarding booking your interview, as far as I know...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.