Danielb4643

After my I-129F is sent...Now what?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you ALL for the helpful information! It is sooo nice to have people to talk with that know what this is like!

We recieved our NOA1 and I have been tracking our progress daily... (Not changing of course :blush: )

So I know a have a few months of waiting but I do want to get together everything soon so that when the NOA2 does arrive it will go out nice and quick but I will wait a little for the time to catch up!

Thanks again everyone for the advice and I will keep you posted on how it goes and good luck to all of you!

Sami and Danny

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Here's a link to the documents your UK fiancé can start gathering: http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html (police record, birth certificate etc.)

Medical: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv_medical_letter.pdf

You have shake the NVC/embassy case number out of NVC in order to go ahead an schedule the medical. If you don't want to wait until receiving packet 3 you can call NVC and ask if they have received your approved I-129f petition and give the new case number to you(starts with LDN2011 if your embassy is London).

To avoid any bumps on the road since it may be country specific I hope some UK'ers will give you more details. Otherwise search the UK portal on this site.

Ohh.. And congrats on NOA2! :dance:

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm confused.... doesn't your timeline say you already got your NOA2 on June 8?

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

I'm confused.... doesn't your timeline say you already got your NOA2 on June 8?

This morning we received an email saying that he have been approved and that they are sending us the next package. Isn't this the NOA2 or are we wrong?

Sorry this is still extremely confusing so we might be wrong...

Sami and Danny

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Here's a link to the documents your UK fiancé can start gathering: http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html (police record, birth certificate etc.)

Medical: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv_medical_letter.pdf

You have shake the NVC/embassy case number out of NVC in order to go ahead an schedule the medical. If you don't want to wait until receiving packet 3 you can call NVC and ask if they have received your approved I-129f petition and give the new case number to you(starts with LDN2011 if your embassy is London).

To avoid any bumps on the road since it may be country specific I hope some UK'ers will give you more details. Otherwise search the UK portal on this site.

Ohh.. And congrats on NOA2! :dance:

Thank you so so much for the help! We have been trying to figure out where to go from here and this is extremely helpful! I will be calling the NVC as it has been two weeks now to see if I can get a case number out of them so we can schedule the medical.

So once we get the medical scheduled and done then it just comes to the interview correct? So do you have any idea what sort of time frame we are looking at by any chance?

Thanks again for the help, I am sure you know how nice it is to have others to contact about all of this!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thank you so so much for the help! We have been trying to figure out where to go from here and this is extremely helpful! I will be calling the NVC as it has been two weeks now to see if I can get a case number out of them so we can schedule the medical.

So once we get the medical scheduled and done then it just comes to the interview correct? So do you have any idea what sort of time frame we are looking at by any chance?

Thanks again for the help, I am sure you know how nice it is to have others to contact about all of this!

NP : ) You have to talk to a person at NVC and ask them if they have received your approved i-129f/K1 petition (be ready with USCIS case#, names and birthdays). If they have already sent it to London and you don't know exactly where it's at, call DOS(alot cheaper than calling embassy) and ask for details.

Medical - this is country specific (try searching on VJ for "london medical") however here's the link the embassy will provide you with anyways: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv_medical_letter.pdf

Your medical will have your NVC(embassy) case number(LDN2011xxxxxx) so they match it up with your K1 application.

If you have all required documents when you receive packet 3 you can return it with the readiness form and hopefully with an interview soonish. You have to pay visa fee through phone prior to the interview

It takes around 60 days from leaving NVC to actual interview(an estimate from UK VJ'ers timelines) depending on available interview days and how fast you return documents. Most of the time it's just waiting : )

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.