firstlove2

Interrogated at Interview and given 221g...HELP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiance was really put through the wringer at the interview...I was present. In the end, we were given a 221g and told that we should get a new police certificate from Nigeria...(fiance's homeland---now permanent resident in England) We are doing exactly what they have instructed. When we get the police certificate we are to contact the courier services for the embassy and they will pick up the police certificate and his passport and return to embassy....we were told that 7- 10 days after receipt the passport will be returned to fiance.

The inteview really rattled me...The immigration officer stated to my fiance that it looked like he had married his first wife to get a permanent resident in England and now to marry me to get residency in the US...I understand that this officer was only doing his job but we have a legitimate relationship...Worried now...

Has anyone ever gotten a 221g and the visa approved...

Your thoughtful replies are appreciated....

Firstlove2

I129F------April 16, 2010

NOA1------May 11, 2010

I129F RFE----June 25, 2010

I129F RFE returned----June 29, 2010

NOA2 APPROVED----without notification...dated JULY 1, 2010...

NVC received----July 8, 2010

NVC Returns case to USCIS (incomplete)---July 9, 2010

August 9, 2010---Immigration Officer at USCIS stated that case notes read "officer assigned will hear something on or before August 19

CALLED USCIS HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON DC----September 20, 2010

USCIS lost RFE....Resend Part C on September 21, 2010---Thank you God for your angel in DC---Jennifer!

WE ARE MOVING AGAIN!!---September 23, 2010--CSC completed file and sent case to NVC--you ROCK GOD!! Thank you for the angel Jennifer...

NVC received case (again)---October 4, 2010

Case sent to Embassy---October 21, 2010---Thank you dear Lord...all to your glory!!!

Packet 3 sent out from embassy and not received---November 2

Packet 3 sent to embassy on December 28---DOS stated case noted "Qualified"

Medical Exam--January 4

Interview--February 10--received 221g for police certificate--"did you purchase it on the streets???"

VISA APPROVED -- March 14--case sent to Nigeria to process children

Interview-- June 27-- waiting and believing in God's plan and purpose

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Waiting for God's Perfect Time!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiance was really put through the wringer at the interview...I was present. In the end, we were given a 221g and told that we should get a new police certificate from Nigeria...(fiance's homeland---now permanent resident in England) We are doing exactly what they have instructed. When we get the police certificate we are to contact the courier services for the embassy and they will pick up the police certificate and his passport and return to embassy....we were told that 7- 10 days after receipt the passport will be returned to fiance.

The inteview really rattled me...The immigration officer stated to my fiance that it looked like he had married his first wife to get a permanent resident in England and now to marry me to get residency in the US...I understand that this officer was only doing his job but we have a legitimate relationship...Worried now...

Has anyone ever gotten a 221g and the visa approved...

Your thoughtful replies are appreciated....

Sure, lots of people have. Sounds like the police certificate was too old but you passed the interview. They wouldn't ask for the passport back with the new police report if they didn't intend to issue the visa contingent on a clean current report. Intentions do change but this looks good.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The fingerprints from the police certificate were smudgy and the officer asked if my fiance had purchased the certificate off the streets...This guy was in my mind RUDE...but none the less gave an opportunity to get a new certificate using clean fingerprints from a recommended police station in London...Everything is in process now with the fingerprints having been DHL'd to Nigeria on Friday...interview was Thursday...2/10

Just really worried..

Firstlove2

NOA1------May 11, 2010

August 9, 2010---Immigration Officer at USCIS stated that case notes read "officer assigned will hear something on or before August 19

USCIS lost RFE....Resend Part C on September 21, 2010---Thank you God for your angel in DC---Jennifer!

WE ARE MOVING AGAIN!!---September 23, 2010--CSC completed file and sent case to NVC--you ROCK GOD!! Thank you for the angel Jennifer...

Case sent to Embassy---October 21, 2010---Thank you dear Lord...all to your glory!!!

Medical Exam--January 4

Interview--February 10--received 221g for police certificate--"did you purchase it on the streets???"

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The fingerprints from the police certificate were smudgy and the officer asked if my fiance had purchased the certificate off the streets...This guy was in my mind RUDE...but none the less gave an opportunity to get a new certificate using clean fingerprints from a recommended police station in London...Everything is in process now with the fingerprints having been DHL'd to Nigeria on Friday...interview was Thursday...2/10

Just really worried..

Understandable that you're worried and will be until the visa is in hand but what you experienced was "soft denial". Your case had red flags and the officer pressed to address them and trip up the applicant. Apparently the interview was a success but they want a good current, clean police report.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Understandable that you're worried and will be until the visa is in hand but what you experienced was "soft denial". Your case had red flags and the officer pressed to address them and trip up the applicant. Apparently the interview was a success but they want a good current, clean police report.

I got a 221g on my interview on January but they told me to come back a week later for another interview. Instead of another interview they issued my immigrant visa.Each case is different but I am sure you will end with your visa in hand once you have submitted whatever they request from you.

Edited by Ariane15

London tends to grill non-UK citizens at their interviews.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

• 2 months later...

London tends to grill non-UK citizens at their interviews.

Hi amykathleen,

so do u know of other ppl here on VJ that have gone through London as non-UK-citizens that I may look up to see what their interview experiences were like. We are kind of in a similar situation where my hubby lives in UK but has a Nigerian passport. We are currently awaiting an interview date. thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just really worried..

I dont think the CO was rude, it is very common and known fact that ppl in do buy documents off the street in Nigeria - which are fake documents.

So what Co was asking was just to make sure that he was looking at the legitimate document. I guess you have not heard of guy called "Uncle London" in Nigeria.... :)

Hi amykathleen,

so do u know of other ppl here on VJ that have gone through London as non-UK-citizens that I may look up to see what their interview experiences were like. We are kind of in a similar situation where my hubby lives in UK but has a Nigerian passport. We are currently awaiting an interview date. thanks.

I believe that MARM had a similar experience and ended up in AP.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

You mentioned that you were present at your fiancee's interview so i wanted to ask how you were able to be present, did they let you into the embassy for the interview or did you request to be present...please advice.

thanks

Timeline

Patoch, you will have to check the embassy you are going through for your interview to see if they allow the petitioner...We, are going through 2 different embassies...one for my fiance and another for his children who live in another country. London allows the petitioner into the interview...Nigeria will not allow the petitioner to attend the interview... Good Luck

Firstlove2

NOA1------May 11, 2010

Medical Exam--January 4

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.