Raphmadu

Associate Degree F1 visa

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Greetings to everybody, I'm a LPR and VisaJourney mates helped me through my visa process. I want to bring a brother to come here and study. My question is, is getting an F1 visa easy for an Associate degree or must it be a Bachelors degree? Most colleges here in Louisiana are 2yrs. I would need every opinion I can get and your opinion is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would be worried more about providing evidence that your brother will return to his country after studying. The student visa is issued with the assumption that he will depart the US after his studies. He has to provide "strong ties" to his country. You should research what the requirements are for your country, especially if it is a high fraud country.

Provide proof of "Strong Ties"

- property that the family owns

- family bank statements

- Family in his country

- Martial status

- Children

- Etc.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As long as the school meets the requirements, a 2 year school should be fine.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#3

The first step for a prospective nonimmigrant student is being accepted for enrollment in an established school which is SEVP certified. In general, for academic students attending a university, college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory or other academic institutions, including a language training program, an F visa is the appropriate category.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My F1 visa was issued for a two year school with no problems. They just have to be part of the SEVIS program.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would be worried more about providing evidence that your brother will return to his country after studying. The student visa is issued with the assumption that he will depart the US after his studies. He has to provide "strong ties" to his country. You should research what the requirements are for your country, especially if it is a high fraud country.

Provide proof of "Strong Ties"

- property that the family owns

- family bank statements

- Family in his country

- Martial status

- Children

- Etc.

Even if you have all these if your brother is between age of 16-25 single male puts him in a unspoken category where rejection rate is higher.

So you might want to check on that, CO would want to know what are the good reason that your brother would return back to home country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How old is he.

What is current level of education

What does he want to study and why.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Why, it had been dead for 6 months and you resurrected it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I am now intrigued why.

I think we should be told.

• 2 weeks later...

You do understand that no one is looking at this thread anymore since it is buried deep into the forum - until you write on it and it gets bumped back up?

I'm sure a Mod can delete it - but there really doesn't seem to be anything suspicious or "incriminating" about this thread.

Edited by Little_My

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Timeline

There must be something....

Could you explain what?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.