Channah&Aaron

In complete stress!! and absolutely weird!!!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

you didn't mean your husband, right?

:ot: ; does "HUBBY" means husband??? I thought it's the same as "sweetheart, hunny"

And, ofcourse he is not my husband YET :rolleyes:, otherwise I wouldn't have to bring my I-129f package (= Fiance(e) Visa).

:pop:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:ot: ; does "HUBBY" means husband??? I thought it's the same as "sweetheart, hunny"

And, ofcourse he is not my husband YET :rolleyes:, otherwise I wouldn't have to bring my I-129f package (= Fiance(e) Visa).

:pop:

Hubby is a short form term for your husband. Hubby - Husband

hun - hunny - hon

sweetie - sweets - sweetheart

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; Awwww, ok!! Lol, I didn't know that!!

Well...

.... I (L) my Hubby to be ;)

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

There is too much confusion going on in this thread! Some people have asked people not to travel or the advises have been utterly misrepresented!

Regardless of everything, let me just say that I had a 10 year B1/B2 visa and while my K-1 was being processed, I visited the US about 3 times in a span of one year. Also, we sent our I-129F application to USCIS while I was in the US, on a B2. And when my K-1 was issued, my B1/B2 was "Cancelled without Prejudice". However, I am a Permanent Resident now!

The OP, Channah, is pretty smart and is well aware of the travelling requirements, the documents she needs to carry and how to answer the questions asked by the CBP. She even knows that if the CBP find her inadmissible, she might be turned back. However, scaring people and advising them not to travel to be with the SO's in uncalled for. Please refrain from these kind of personal opinions.

Channah, and everyone else, here are quite a few threads which help me weigh in with the point I am trying to prove:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/137407-sucessfully-visited-the-us-while-my-k1-visa-is-pending/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/121814-can-fiance-visit-us-with-i-129f-pending/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/200337-having-my-fiancee-visit-on-a-b2-visa-while-k1-is-pending/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/159723-visiting-the-us-while-k-1-visa-is-being-processed/

Bottomline: You can visit the US as long as you have significant ties to your home country and YOU PROVE that your intentions are not to stay forever in the US, on that trip!

I hope this helps!

This post is NOT directed to hurt anyone's feelings! It is just intended to comfort my good friend Channah and all others who are currently in the midst of the process!!!

KnR aka slider100

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi!,

I just wanted to tell you that when i wanted to change my passport, I was not registered anywhere, my home adress was unknown, very weird, but the lady which was helping me simpy wrote in her system, home address unknown from ... till.... and then entered the new address again in the system. So I could have my passport renewed. In my " uitreksel uit het gemeente register" is written that the address was unknown for a while is that is it. So ....I guess it all depends if you ar etalking to a person who wants to help you or not..! All i can tell you is to keep on trying...same thing happend to me when i needed to ask for a police report, 2 persons told me USCIS had to fill it in and return it me.....the 3rd person just filed for it and i got in within 10 day's!

I see that we have the same timeline, with just 1 day differance..!!! Hope you get your NOA 2 VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON!

Filed: Other Timeline

It's all correct.

You can use your passport until the very last minute it expires. The passport has to be valid when you enter the US, it can expire the next day, no problem, as the I-94 takes over.

If you get a new passport, the visa in the old one is still valid. You then carry both with you. Standard stuff.

Also true that you can get a new passport in the US. They oftentimes want to see your proof of lawful presence, but you have that.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.