Nick&Elena

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien... :whistle:

131 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's true that by the time the protesters show up it's usually too late. But hunting is not nearly protected in all 50 states to the extent it is in states like PA or VT (or MT if an OT thread is to be believed). The annual bear hunt in this state doesn't even happen every year so it's hardly annual.

Yes, but it is because of legislative processes. It is illegal in all states to interfere with people legally in the process of hunting.

NO ONE has the balls to throw paint on a woman wearing a fur coat in Vermont. You know why.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Here in Russia it is forbidden to have guns for people. Only hunting guns and I think you must be in a hunting club for that. I would not like to have a weapon is a house, I heard many stories when kids took that and killed his stepmother.

So dangerous I think. Or at least people must keep it locked. But how to lock something from kids for sure?

Edited by Nick&Elena

I-129F Sent:......2010-08-25

I-129F NOA1:....2010-08-30

I-129F NOA2:....2011-02-08 approved in 162 days (5 months, 1 week, 2 days)

I-129F NVC:......2011-02-22 NVC left

Interview:...........2011-05-17 Interview in Moscow, APPROVED

Got visa:............2011-05-24 Visa delivered!!!

Flight to US:......2011-06-13

GC received ......in 8 months

event.png

USCIS (abbr) - US Complete Information Shortage

Here in Russia it is forbidden to have guns for people. Only hunting guns and I think you must be in a hunting club for that. I would not like to have a weapon is a house, I heard many stories when kids took that and killed his stepmother.

So dangerous I think. Or at least people must keep it locked. But how to lock something from kids for sure?

Or even worse... a gun in the house a long with an angry wife with a bad temper.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Or even worse... a gun in the house a long with an angry wife with a bad temper.

With real angry wife you'll ask the gun to stop the torture :devil:

Haven't you seen the "Hard candy?" :lol:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You teach the kids about guns from the day they are born. They are no more a "toy" than the lamp on the table. My kids do not play with the guns and never did. They are in every room. I could leave a loaded gun on the kitchen table and food and soda would get spilled on it, but no one would play with it. It would lay there like a paper weight for decades.

They all enjoy shooting and so does Alla. We go shooting every week (skeet) and sometimes other types of guns. They know the proper place to use guns, just like my table saw, chain saw and lawn mower

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't care about him at all. Yep, I just wondered how many people like that I'm ging to meet.

About the same percentage of people like this you would meet in Russia if you were moving there from the U.S.A. And no, don't say this same stupidity isn't there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

About the same percentage of people like this you would meet in Russia if you were moving there from the U.S.A. And no, don't say this same stupidity isn't there.

Well, the author clearly has double standards. She mentions her Russian friends' jokes that are equally ( or even more ) nationalistic and offensive. Apparently, she doesn't overreact to them. The same kind of behavior [stupid behavior, I agree] from her fiance's buddies makes her upset and angry...

I would say, the US is one of the best countries in the world to be an immigrant in. There are nicer countries, but you better be native there. One of the greatest things about the US, in my opinion, is the minimal level of xenophobia in the society. And, of course, this level is much less than in the modern Russia.

Timeline

Of course it is not. We're talking about people who don't like russians wifes. And the percentage of that people in Russia is law. Russian who hates russians is nonsense. Stupidity is the same everywhere. Nationalism depends on where you live. You can check it going to live in Iraq.

event.png

Of course it is not. We're talking about people who don't like russians wifes. And the percentage of that people in Russia is law. Russian who hates russians is nonsense. Stupidity is the same everywhere. Nationalism depends on where you live. You can check it going to live in Iraq.

LOL ??? are you drunk ? Don't even go there. I know for a fact what kind of looks a Russian women married to a Western man gets in Russia from fellow Russians...it's the same in Belarus also. It's worse over there by FAR than it is here in the USA. It's not even close enough to compare the two.

Any doubts, ask the rest of the posters in this forum what their experiences were like over there. We all got looks, especially the women...and most of them were not good looks. The old brainwashed Soviet babushka's are the worst.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

LOL ??? are you drunk ? Don't even go there. I know for a fact what kind of looks a Russian women married to a Western man gets in Russia from fellow Russians...it's the same in Belarus also. It's worse over there by FAR than it is here in the USA. It's not even close enough to compare the two.

Any doubts, ask the rest of the posters in this forum what their experiences were like over there. We all got looks, especially the women...and most of them were not good looks. The old brainwashed Soviet babushka's are the worst.

:o No, I'm not drunk. Do you tell it to your wife too? Lol.

No one will say nationalist's jokes about a woman in her homeland. And if they said something to her, it was because of you. They'd say that even if you was italian. In some places of russia people don't like foreigners. I don't really know about belarus. In russia it's depends on place. It's ok in the big cities and worse in towns. But in general people here are friendly, they'll better drink with american guy than fight.

Nationalism is different everywhere. Young generation here are not brainwashed, they travel and they won't treat you bad. (If they are not skinheads).

And my point was that international couples get more attention and more negativity from local people than overage couples. It doesn't depend on how many idiots in the certain country live. Friends, relatives, colleagues are not all idiots, but they can treat your wife poorly because she's a foreigner. And it's just first people's reaction on something new, for example.

Edited by Nick&Elena

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There are different people in Russia. And a lot depends on a guy a woman is going to marry. With me once people find out that my fiance is young, handsome, smart, independent and has a good job, they just shut up. But the girls, who marry Russian guys 20-30 years older than them, get the same looks as girls, who marry American guys 20-30 years older.

Then even if they say something, it's because there were cases when Russian women married foreign guys and then got abused or even killed. I just say - that what happens when you don't know a guy.

Most of Russian people are less brainwashed that people in the US. At least, if we talk about young people. None of young people in Russia ever believes what they've seen on TV and see the difference between policy and people - and that means that while they can hate Bush or Obama, they will still enjoy spending time with their American friends. Babushkas are different of course, but most of old people in the US think that I'm a spy :rofl: So what? they lived through the Cold War, I understand it. I was 2 years old when it was over, so I don't care at all. I don't even mind "spy-jokes" in the US, I don't mind any joke as long it's not stupid.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

FWIW, I've never had anyody react negatively to me in Russia, or anywhere else for that matter, because I'm American. Americans get treated poorly abroad when they act a certain way--like another culture is lesser, assuming and more or less demanding that everyone speaks English and get pissed off when people don't, etc. There are times when I have helped other Americans get what they needed in McDonalds or whatever and got nary a thank you. There are definitely Americans who go to other countries and take with them a sense of entitlement. And that is what makes the natives of the country react badly to them.

Первый блин комом.

FWIW, I've never had anyody react negatively to me in Russia, or anywhere else for that matter, because I'm American. Americans get treated poorly abroad when they act a certain way--like another culture is lesser, assuming and more or less demanding that everyone speaks English and get pissed off when people don't, etc. There are times when I have helped other Americans get what they needed in McDonalds or whatever and got nary a thank you. There are definitely Americans who go to other countries and take with them a sense of entitlement. And that is what makes the natives of the country react badly to them.

Naw their nice as pie in Russia to Americans...especially the police. Like the ones that nab you in a bogus charge, and then let you go after you give them everything in their wallet. But hey...who knows...maybe the store tellers stopped robbing Americans of their money if they didn't think to count every ruble.

And all the smiles Americans get from people there...oh ya. Lots of smiles (sarcasm there). I love it though when going to a restaurant with my wife and the waitresses are total b*tches when they find out I'm American and she's not.

Best one was when I got into a scrap at a Russian night club in Smolensk...a dozen witnesses that knew I didn't start it, and low and behold....who ends up having to pay those cops close to $500 ? Ya, one guess, and it wasn't the other guy.

It doesn't get any better in Belarus...other than the cops there don't seem as dirty as the ones in Russia. I know all about Belarusian and Russian hospitality / culture only too well.

sigbet.jpg

There are different people in Russia. And a lot depends on a guy a woman is going to marry. With me once people find out that my fiance is young, handsome, smart, independent and has a good job, they just shut up. But the girls, who marry Russian guys 20-30 years older than them, get the same looks as girls, who marry American guys 20-30 years older.

Then even if they say something, it's because there were cases when Russian women married foreign guys and then got abused or even killed. I just say - that what happens when you don't know a guy.

Most of Russian people are less brainwashed that people in the US. At least, if we talk about young people. None of young people in Russia ever believes what they've seen on TV and see the difference between policy and people - and that means that while they can hate Bush or Obama, they will still enjoy spending time with their American friends. Babushkas are different of course, but most of old people in the US think that I'm a spy :rofl: So what? they lived through the Cold War, I understand it. I was 2 years old when it was over, so I don't care at all. I don't even mind "spy-jokes" in the US, I don't mind any joke as long it's not stupid.

I admit the younger generation over there is way less brainwashed than their elders. As far as Russian wives getting killed by foreign husbands...Iv'e read about a case where that happened in Seattle, and it was a travesty. I do find it surprising though that Russians are concerned about this seeing how there is zero DV laws in Russia and Belarus. It's open season on your female partner there 24/7. Iv'e witnessed my neighbor beating the holy ####### out of his ...wife,live in gf...she lived with him...anyways the cops came after god knows how long and all they did was tell her to find a place to stay. My mother in law...beaten raw by her ex and nothing happened to him. Pimps beating their hookers...happens every night right on the sidewalk while the cops drive by and do nothing.

I won't even get into the government running prostitution rings over there. In Belarus it's so bad that the government actually charters flights for underage girls to Turkey....fake passports and all. It's a bit different in Russia...the local cops and border cops take bribes...so I can't say the Kremlin is involved like Lukashenko is in Belarus.

There's good and bad everywhere and everyone is different, but to say that Russians treat foreigners better than Americans treat foreigners is laughable at best.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Well, the author clearly has double standards. She mentions her Russian friends' jokes that are equally ( or even more ) nationalistic and offensive. Apparently, she doesn't overreact to them. The same kind of behavior [stupid behavior, I agree] from her fiance's buddies makes her upset and angry...

I would say, the US is one of the best countries in the world to be an immigrant in. There are nicer countries, but you better be native there. One of the greatest things about the US, in my opinion, is the minimal level of xenophobia in the society. And, of course, this level is much less than in the modern Russia.

You probably read that topic from the right side to left, it's what I have to say. :thumbs:

First. Nobody of my friends, colleagues or relatives ever said any offensive word against my fiance. Find where I told that. And what is "apparently" for you knowing nothing about me.

Second, read the theme of the topic, we're not discussing my relationships, it's not your business. I asked how to be with people who don't like russian wifes. Is your wife russian?

If you have troubles with xenophobia here's not that forum to discuss that, honestly. It's RUB forum.

And else, I have not double standards. At least you can't judge is I have or not.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.