9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi All,

What forms are required for Adjustment of Status (I-485)of the K-2 child (her son) of a K-1 (my wife)? From what I can tell, I do need to do an I-485 for each, but need only to do one Affidavit of Support (I-864), and that there will be no biometrics fee for him because he is only 12. Is this all correct?

I think I need to list him on Part 3, No. 9 of the I-864 Affidavit for my wife. He does not have a SS# or an A#, so do I just leave these blank? I assume I do a G-325A for both? Are these also correct?

Thanks in advance for any help. VJ has been tremendously helpful! Thanks to all.

Rick & Nok

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Treat as two seperate applications so each needs it's own attached I-864 you are sponsoring two immigrants, so need two I-864's

Also child under age 14 only pays $635 + $85 Bio fee. when application is included with parent's AOS

As for SSN/A# don't leave blank, write "NONE" , don't leave any line blank, write "None" for things where can apply however does not have, and N/A for things that do not apply...

Only one G-325A for Spouse. G-325A only needed for applicants age 14 - 79 READ: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All,

What forms are required for Adjustment of Status (I-485)of the K-2 child (her son) of a K-1 (my wife)? From what I can tell, I do need to do an I-485 for each, but need only to do one Affidavit of Support (I-864), and that there will be no biometrics fee for him because he is only 12. Is this all correct?

I-485 is done for ages 14-79 so son will be listed on her I-485 Part 3-B he does not need seperate one.

I think I need to list him on Part 3, No. 9 of the I-864 Affidavit for my wife YES. He does not have a SS# or an A#, so do I just leave these blank? Yes I assume I do a G-325A for both? YES Are these also correct?

Thanks in advance for any help. VJ has been tremendously helpful! Thanks to all.

Rick & Nok

There is also a a topic under AOS titled K-2 AOS past and present where you can ask question also.

AOS:

Green Card APPROVAL for wife and stepson 02/10/2011

Revd'd Green Cards for wife and stepson today 02/19/2011

My timeline gives all the information

Timeline

YUANDDAN,

I think you might be wrong about the I-864's. After I posted my question I saw that a member in a different forum had posted the following:

"Affidavit of Support: K2's don't require their own separate I-864 with supporting documents (tax returns, etc). Make sure they are listed in section 9 of the K1's I-864, and provide a photocopy of the K1's I-864 with the K2's paperwork. You don't need to include copies of the supporting documents with the K2's paperwork. You won't get an RFE if you do happen to provide a separate I-864 with supporting docs for the K2. It's just not required.

There is also a forum you can read over its called (Calling all K-2 AOSers - past and present) may help"

This appears to be correct since the form itself has a line (Part 3, No. 9) for listing additional sponsored immigrant family members other than the principle (my wife). So I think I only need to file one I-864 (with supporting documents) with the K-1 AOS, and simply put in a photocopy of it with the K-2 AOS.

Could other members chime in if this is correct? Thanks!

Treat as two seperate applications so each needs it's own attached I-864 you are sponsoring two immigrants, so need two I-864's

Also child under age 14 only pays $635 + $85 Bio fee. when application is included with parent's AOS

As for SSN/A# don't leave blank, write "NONE" , don't leave any line blank, write "None" for things where can apply however does not have, and N/A for things that do not apply...

Only one G-325A for Spouse. G-325A only needed for applicants age 14 - 79 READ: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Timeline

Hi All,

I think I need to list him on Part 3, No. 9 of the I-864 Affidavit for my wife. He does not have a SS# or an A#, so do I just leave these blank? I assume I do a G-325A for both? Are these also correct?

Rick & Nok

As far as the G-325A goes I can not find anything to as a age requirement, it is only 1 page form so as far as I would be concerned I would do a 1 page form just incase instead of a possible RFE and be put on hold till they receive it. I'm sorry that I did not meantion about the forum for K-2 AOSers past and present I also spend time in there too. It is a great forum to use since you do not see many people that ask for help with K-2's. I am in a different situation then you because my stepson is 17 but we did just finish the AOS's for my wife and stepson (BOTH APPROVED 10 Feb 2011 :dance: ). I was lucky to not have any RFE's

AOS:

Timeline

Congratulations! and thanks for the info.

As far as the G-325A goes I can not find anything to as a age requirement, it is only 1 page form so as far as I would be concerned I would do a 1 page form just incase instead of a possible RFE and be put on hold till they receive it. I'm sorry that I did not meantion about the forum for K-2 AOSers past and present I also spend time in there too. It is a great forum to use since you do not see many people that ask for help with K-2's. I am in a different situation then you because my stepson is 17 but we did just finish the AOS's for my wife and stepson (BOTH APPROVED 10 Feb 2011 :dance: ). I was lucky to not have any RFE's

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as the G-325A goes I can not find anything to as a age requirement

Then you did not look very hard. I-485 instructions - Page 4. Item 10. You must submit a completed Form G-325A if you are between the ages of 14 and 79 years of age

YMMV

Timeline

Then you did not look very hard. I-485 instructions - Page 4. Item 10. You must submit a completed Form G-325A if you are between the ages of 14 and 79 years of age

I stand corrected

AOS:

If you are planning to add your stepson to your taxes in 2010, he needs a SSN which he can only apply for if he has an approved EAD...so you may want consider sending in an EAD application as well...the fees for the EAD will be waived if it is submitted with the AOS (same for your spouse).

If you so not want to include an EAD with their application package, then the only other way for you to add your stepson as a dependent on your taxes would be to include an ITIN application with your tax filing...which will have to be mailed instead of sent in electronically.

USCIS will issue your stepson an A# during biometrics. Your wife's A# is on the I-129F NOA2.

Hi All,

Rick & Nok

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.