Val and Gary

California to Texas & Texas to California - Part 2

3,224 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Received 2 out of 3 hard-copy NOA2's today... I'm anticipating the 3rd one will arrive tomorrow or the next day. The approvals were generated out of the CSC, and indicate the case(s) have been sent to the Department of State, NVC! Wooot!!! :yes:

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Received 2 out of 3 hard-copy NOA2's today... I'm anticipating the 3rd one will arrive tomorrow or the next day. The approvals were generated out of the CSC, and indicate the case(s) have been sent to the Department of State, NVC! Wooot!!! :yes:

Movin' right along :thumbs:

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So here is an interesting thing we have learned today from our lawyer after having our I-130 approved at the USCIS and on our way to the NVC side of the world. Basically what we were told is that we do not have to wait for any USCIS letter to arrive in the mail. Instead, we will be getting an email in about 1-2 weeks directly from NVC with instructions for paying the fees and what documents NVC will require from us to submit. This is particularly interesting, as there is no need to wait for any hard copy letters, nor any need to call NVC. I only wonder how does NVC know our email address, but it makes me think that when our lawyer submitted all documents for I-130, they must have submitted The Choice of Agent form that NVC will use immediately. Anyone sees any flaws in this thinking process? It looks good to me and I'd take it! Any thoughts? Thanks!

So here is an interesting thing we have learned today from our lawyer after having our I-130 approved at the USCIS and on our way to the NVC side of the world. Basically what we were told is that we do not have to wait for any USCIS letter to arrive in the mail. Instead, we will be getting an email in about 1-2 weeks directly from NVC with instructions for paying the fees and what documents NVC will require from us to submit. This is particularly interesting, as there is no need to wait for any hard copy letters, nor any need to call NVC. I only wonder how does NVC know our email address, but it makes me think that when our lawyer submitted all documents for I-130, they must have submitted The Choice of Agent form that NVC will use immediately. Anyone sees any flaws in this thinking process? It looks good to me and I'd take it! Any thoughts? Thanks!

If you have a lawyer, he or she is automatically designated as the agent, so no DS-3032 is generated for you. Another bonus for having a lawyer is that both bills are generated at the same time, so you save a few days instead of waiting for the IV bill to appear.

Sorry that I interfere your discussion but I wanted to make something sure. It says or in the official language of the country, in which application for a visa is being made. My application is made in the US, same as yours, right? How will they able to read all the documents in all the different languages? I'm preparing my stuff for NVC and I'm still not sure if I should get a translation. It just seems so unlikely that they accept papers in all the different languages if they can't even read them. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I just want to be 100% sure.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm playing it safe and getting everything translated. It isn't a requirement to speak the language of the country that the conlulate you work in is. I just want to make it as easy as possible for the ajudicators and interviewers.:)

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

still no NOA2 :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Hang in there! It's on the way!! :yes:

Since the service centers have been bustin' their butts all week,,, hopefully the August NOA1's will be addressed very, very soon!

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

If it was your thinking process then everyone always would have to have their original documents translated into English, because we all apply initially through the US. However, what "application for a visa" means in this case is where you will physically go to have an interview at the embasssy/consulate abroad and as long as your original documents are from the same language (German for Austria and applying through the US embassy/consulate in Austria), then all you need is original docs without English translation.

The consulate in Almaty, Kazakhstan requires documents to be translated. At least thats what the woman said when I called them and asked.

event.png

event.png

Saylin - did anyone tell you that you are AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN yet? I like to hear what I hear. Thank you thank you! :thumbs:

My husband doesn't even call me an angel laughing.gif

You're welcome though :D Glad to bring some good news!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Saylin - did anyone tell you that you are AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN yet? I like to hear what I hear. Thank you thank you! :thumbs:

I second that- Saylin, THANK YOU soooo much for all that you do :)

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

I second that- Saylin, THANK YOU soooo much for all that you do :)

You're very welcome to you and all. I love helping all of you and answering your questions yes.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.