832 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I got the RFE today - it was printed on September 25, they emailed me notice of the RFE on October 4, and I received it in the mail October 10, two weeks after it was printed.... :(

In any case, they are asking for SEVEN items, six of which I already submitted in the original AOS I-485!!!!!! The last item that they want is a certified copy of Holly's divorce decree...even though she has never been married!! Lastly, they claim that she does not meet the income requirements of the I-485, even though she does (and then some).

All I can say is WHAT THE F!!! WHY can't the USCIS get their goddamned act together?!?!?!?! I'm on the phone right now, the recording says I'll be on hold for at least 30 minutes, after which I'll no doubt be disconnected.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well I got the RFE today - it was printed on September 25, they emailed me notice of the RFE on October 4, and I received it in the mail October 10, two weeks after it was printed.... :(

In any case, they are asking for SEVEN items, six of which I already submitted in the original AOS I-485!!!!!! The last item that they want is a certified copy of Holly's divorce decree...even though she has never been married!! Lastly, they claim that she does not meet the income requirements of the I-485, even though she does (and then some).

All I can say is WHAT THE F!!! WHY can't the USCIS get their goddamned act together?!?!?!?! I'm on the phone right now, the recording says I'll be on hold for at least 30 minutes, after which I'll no doubt be disconnected.

Now that just sounds crazy ...

Were you married before and they made a mistake and asked for your wifes divorce decree and they actually wanted yours ... Obviously, if you were never married then they made a huge mistake ...

If you don't mind me asking, what were the other 6 things they were asking for ??

I wish you all the luck and a speedy approval ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi gsmaclean,

I know it sucks but they sometimes ask for things you have already sent. Resend everything that they are asking for again make sure everything is legible this is why sometimes they require the same things. On the divorce if it was you that was married before resend your divorce decree. On the income requirement re-check all the paperwork and write a detail letter touching upon every point stated by the RFE.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

hi there

just checked my status and found out that my case was transferred to CSC on Oct 5th....which i was hoping for actually...now the waiting begins again....

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now that just sounds crazy ...

Were you married before and they made a mistake and asked for your wifes divorce decree and they actually wanted yours ... Obviously, if you were never married then they made a huge mistake ...

No, they definitely named her - I was married before, and sent them my divorce documentation with the original package.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the other 6 things they were asking for ??

I wish you all the luck and a speedy approval ...

Here's what they asked for:

- Tax transcript for 2005 tax year

- Copy of W2 from 2005

- Employment letter from current employer

- Bank letter

- Bank statements

- Proof of citizenship of sponsor

ALL of these things were provided in the original submission. If this wasn't so important, and it was just another government agency I was dealing with, I'd write a REALLY nasty letter to accompany my response. What kind of IDIOTS do they have working there???????

Oh, and the guy on the misinformation line was of absolutely no help - he basically said, "the agent who is handling the case probably just misplaced the file, or didn't bother to read the previous agent's notes, so they are asking for the information again." How reassuring.

Edited by gsmaclean

Timeline
hi there

just checked my status and found out that my case was transferred to CSC on Oct 5th....which i was hoping for actually...now the waiting begins again....

take care

kath

Welcome aboard and good luck !!

- Copy of W2 from 2005

- Bank letter

- Bank statements

ALL of these things were provided in the original submission. If this wasn't so important, and it was just another government agency I was dealing with, I'd write a REALLY nasty letter to accompany my response. What kind of IDIOTS do they have working there???????

Oh, and the guy on the misinformation line was of absolutely no help - he basically said, "the agent who is handling the case probably just misplaced the file, or didn't bother to read the previous agent's notes, so they are asking for the information again." How reassuring.

Damn how can they be so messed up ... You must be so frustrated considering the ####### you had to go through with Montreal Consulate and getting an interview date ...

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

hi ya

tyhanks for the welcome

sorry to hear your having a hard time of it ..isnt it a shame that becasue this government department can put your life on hold it doesnt matter that they loose things..."ohh just get them to send it in again!!!!!" and yet again your time for approval is set back yet again...

i do hope it works out ok for you

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

I'm sorery to hear this gsmclean...i dont know if it will help but if you are close to the local USCIS office, you could get an Infopass appointment...anyhow, i think that's what i would do if i were in your situation, the Cincinnati office is less than an hour away and that way i can vent some of my frustrations a little on a real person...the call center reps are really useless, and they just aggravate you more

goodluck!

oh and btw, still no action for me...now i'm really afraid my case has been misplaced, since they have royally f*cked up yours up, i wont be surprised if they lost mine

wheee...happy thoughts (:bonk: to myself)

- Copy of W2 from 2005

- Bank letter

- Bank statements

Animated flag courtesy of virtuallandmedia.com

Timeline

Another touch already today ... They sure have been teasing me the last 4 working days ...

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

That's weird Scott...I sent the same things...got an RFE anyway. I sent the same things again and there was no problem. *SIGH* You know as well as I do there is NO rhyme or reason for what the USCIS does. I know that doesn't make this easier...believe me, I know. But to ask for a divorce decree from Holly when she hasn't been married before...that's just ridiculous. You know what I did? I typed up a long letter to send along with my RFE information, outlining my evidence, my income, my assets and if they looked at the evidence presented they could see that I more than meet the income levels. I also pointed out that the proof they required was included the first time, yet included again to further strengthen our case. It was a respectfully typed letter but there was a firmness to it as well.

I really hope this gets resolved quickly. I can only imagine how frustrated you and Holly are atm. Hugs to you both.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, I got "touched" today! I haven't been keeping track of all the touches before my RFE and getting transferred, but this is the first actual "touch" since they last updated my online status on Oct 1st.

Isn't is strange how your heart skips a beat when you see that?! :o

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Robert! How goes it in Florida?

Joel got his transfer notice in the mail...and we were touched online yesterday. Yeah, it does make the heart skip a beat...makes you wonder are you that much closer to getting that coveted GC, yanno?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hey Robert! How goes it in Florida?

Joel got his transfer notice in the mail...and we were touched online yesterday. Yeah, it does make the heart skip a beat...makes you wonder are you that much closer to getting that coveted GC, yanno?

Hey Karen! Things are well here in the Sunshine state! We just moved into our new house on Monday, and are still settling in. Its nice to be out of the hotel!

Getting the GC will definitely be icing on the cake right now! ;):yes:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline
Well, I got "touched" today! I haven't been keeping track of all the touches before my RFE and getting transferred, but this is the first actual "touch" since they last updated my online status on Oct 1st.

Isn't is strange how your heart skips a beat when you see that?! :o

Ya when you see that the date has changed your almost scared to click on it to see if you actually got approved or a RFE or just a touch ... I am the type of person that thinks the worse so I am always expecting to see a RFE ... :)

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

well my EAD was approved today! :D

I guess that's me halfway there now.... just waiting on the GC to be next.....

It takes a lot of pressure off, because my wife and I are moving at the end of the month, and now I'll be able to work (GC or not), it's great timing all round!

pheww....... time to relax a little B)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.