^_^

McCain: I can work with Obama on immigration reform

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Speaking with Bloomberg Television a day after a private meeting with President Obama, McCain said he could picture working with Obama on several issues going forward.

"I think there's a number of issues we could work on together..." McCain said.

McCain said his meeting with Obama was "cordial," as his relationship with the president has been.

McCain said he thought he and Obama could work together going forward on issues like immigration reform and enhanced rescission.

McCain's meeting with Obama was their first one-on-one discussion since right after the 2008 presidential election.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/142005-mccain-says-centrist-obama-easier-to-work-with

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Immigration reform (amnesty) is a long way off.

There just is not the votes... certainly not in the next two years and perhaps it's even less likely, after the 2012 election.

McCain sadly has become less relevant when he should be at the zenith of his political power.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

McCain hates brown people, just like he hates the gays. So its doubtful it will go anywhere

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Translation: Juan McCain's approach of "immigration reform" is basically to do away with all legal procedures, identical to that (catastrophic one) of his erstwhile opponent (for POTUS)!

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I wonder when the American people will finally come to their senses and realize that "reform" is just another code word for "mass amnesty" and "business as usual".

These "immigration reform" proposals from the political classes are just farts in the wind. They don't even come close to being in the best interests of the majority of the American people. US immigration policy is driven by the interests of the political and corporate classes rather than what is best for the American people. Until that climate changes they can just keep farting their lies to the stupid and gullible. I'm not buying their bullshit.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I wonder when the American people will finally come to their senses and realize that "reform" is just another code word for "mass amnesty" and "business as usual".

These "immigration reform" proposals from the political classes are just farts in the wind. They don't even come close to being in the best interests of the majority of the American people. US immigration policy is driven by the interests of the political and corporate classes rather than what is best for the American people. Until that climate changes they can just keep farting their lies to the stupid and gullible. I'm not buying their bullshit.

Of course the other tactic is to amnesty... smaller blocks of illegals but I think even that has no legs.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Of course the other tactic is to amnesty... smaller blocks of illegals but I think even that has no legs.

Amnesty is just the tip of the iceberg. Immigration has been so propagandized and romanticized in American culture that the way it is managed and implemented does not even come close to 21st century American reality. Immigration for immigration's sake is just a stupid policy. Present immigration policy (and lack thereof) has no rhyme or reason to it most of the time. It has just turned into another culture war instead of being about economic policy to benefit America as it was in the past. It mostly benefits the political and business classes along with the immigrants rather than the vast majority of Americans. In many aspects it harms many more Americans than it benefits. It all boils down to cheap labor and cheap votes. If that doesn't benefit you then...tough sh*t. The sad fact is that it doesn't benefit most Americans. But it does make the gullible feel good when they are fooled into believing the real objective is to save the world and give them a better life (at your own expense). Keep dreaming!

Obama and McCain are the last people I would put in charge of real immigration reform.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995