Tim/Mav

Age Difference for K-1. Comments Welcome.

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm Very Happy for You. This page has a very positive look at this subject. I have a good feeling when I read this post, but if you will go to the Egypt Portal Page you will find in Egypt Hot Topics ( on the right side of the page) A Topic entitled "Family Acceptance" Where you will see how a woman can be bashed and condemned by many for loving a younger man. It isn't seen as love in so many ppl's eyes only seen as the man being too young. He's 22 she's 38. I found myself writing on this post as I am older than my fiancé. On that post ppl had become so cruel that additional posting was stopped. To me it was the saddest display I had ever seen. Giving advice was one thing but being cruel was just not what that lady deserved. Where I come from at age 18 you're old enough to make your own decisions. I realize not everyone will agree with age difference, but please don't place judgement on others. Many Thanks to everyone posting here who knows what the meaning of LOVE is

:)

I am very happy you made this comment. I read a post yesterday and it seems the couple may have been denied the visa because of the age difference. I have been very worried about this. There is not a dramatic age difference between my fiance and I but still I was concerned. But it is great to see people stating that they have received visas even with their age differences and I think it is great that people are making positive posts here concerning that issue. My personal stance is that age is a number, the maturity of a person, what they feel in their heart and the way the two people interact with each other is what is really important. AGE means nothing. Thanks for your post!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

I am very happy you made this comment. I read a post yesterday and it seems the couple may have been denied the visa because of the age difference. I have been very worried about this. There is not a dramatic age difference between my fiance and I but still I was concerned. But it is great to see people stating that they have received visas even with their age differences and I think it is great that people are making positive posts here concerning that issue. My personal stance is that age is a number, the maturity of a person, what they feel in their heart and the way the two people interact with each other is what is really important. AGE means nothing. Thanks for your post!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you. I need all the help I can get. The age gap so much did worry me in the past just to myself, not USCIS. I never heard of them really. I feel in Love with Mav but never knew how complicated this would be. Thanks for your reply. Tim

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

We can never please people and I live not to please them all. LOL although yeah, it's kinda odd to see couples who have a huge difference in age. Some dated very young girls which is on their 18-20's and the guy is on his 50-60's or even 70's. Too old to be their Dad or their Grandpa. I don't know what's up with these people but still, we can never question them nor judge them. Whatever it is, I just hope its SINCERE and PURE LOVE.

Btw, i'm 22 and my boyfriend is 35 and I don't care what people might think. I love him a lot, that's all that matters!!! (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

14 here with us.. Wishing you the Best!!

2005---We met by friend/Church member that was living in Nigeria

2006---We begin to talk about getting married

2007---I was going to met him face to face, but hurt my back couldn't walk..

2009---Was able to see each for the first time.. I got my engagement ring (WOW).. :wow:

2010-01-22 mailed I129f

2010-01-26 got NOA1

2010-05-12 called to see why no NOA2, I was told that our case is not being processed yet!!!!! No notes in the computer

other then the mailing of the NOA1!!!!!!! :angry:

2010-05-18 called SERVICE CENTER again to see what's going on with our case.. NOT BEING PROCESSED YET I WAS TOLD AGAIN!!!

2010-06-16 Got notice that NOA2 was approved 141 days after NOA1. We got our approval on Ossy's Birthday.. Happy birthday honey, I love you!!!!

2010-06-21 got NOA2 in hand

2010-06-22 called NVC to see if papers was there, but was told that my DOB was not right in the system. Just mailed a letter along with a copy of my birth certificate asking to change my DOB.. Way to go VCS..

2010-06-22 NVC received the case

2010-06-23 Case sent to Embassy in Barbados

2010-06-28 Embassy received our case

2010-08-09 Interview Administrative Review

2010-11-15 Approved for Visa (I was on the mission to make sure the INTERVIEWER that we had never interviewed anyone else and I did it).. Know that you have right and don't let the interviewer cross the line..

2010-12-10 Visa and Passport in hand!!! Thank God!!!

2010-12-19 Ossy will enter the States!!

Timeline

OK So Happy Valentines Day to even Us Old Men. LOL Thanks for your help and assurements.

Mav hates this song so I do this on Purpose. (L)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=367PYIdUBoc

LOL.... Tim, that is terrible to torture her like that! :lol: Bad Boy!

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

I don't know why I can't edit my posts! Techno challenged I guess... :ot2:

Timbo: Age is not against the law. Listen here "old man" lol, when a Filipina loves, she loves deeply. She doesn't "see age". She sees nothing but "heart" (L) +(L) =:wub: :wub:

At least that's how I see My Sweetheart!!

So don't get all "Crinkly" on us :lol: ... lol, you're young in spirit!! She's mature in heart. You love who you love... it's real and it's gonna be alright!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

I don't know why I can't edit my posts! Techno challenged I guess... :ot2:

Timbo: Age is not against the law. Listen here "old man" lol, when a Filipina loves, she loves deeply. She doesn't "see age". She sees nothing but "heart" (L) +(L) =:wub: :wub:

At least that's how I see My Sweetheart!!

So don't get all "Crinkly" on us :lol: ... lol, you're young in spirit!! She's mature in heart. You love who you love... it's real and it's gonna be alright!

Mari

AMEN to this!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have heard that the age difference can be more of an issue with younger women, say an 18 year old and a 37 year old ... as apposed to a 32 year old and a 51 year old ... same age difference, but perhaps the 18 year old raises more eyebrows. (I heard this from a lawyer that was trying to get my business... i passed on the lawyer)

My opinion only .... Might make the consulate ask a few more questions, but I doubt it would cause a denial on its own.

event.png

Mavylyn and I met on MySpace almost 4 years ago. Just friends. To me at that time just a pretty philipina. The last year and a half I began to talk to her all the time. As I got closer to her I realized there is a 17 year age difference and I was getting to serious and with her feelings in mind and her future tried to end it. She was not happy and hurt. I deleted My entire MySpace account but forgot she was on my Messenger. 2 Days had passed and I sat miserably but knowing I did the right thing. Suddenly, a message come from Mav. I was so excited to hear from her. And it went from there.

Mavylyn is 32 and I'm 49. I met the family last August and have their Approval. I proposed to Mav January 30th 2010 and she is wearing my ring. (Well her ring) LOL

How do you feel and what do think the Philipphine Consulate will feel.

Mav and I talk EVERYDAY. Either Yahoo, web cam, phone.

Your imput is welcome. Oh, Mav don't know I wrote this yet. Our Account on VJ is Joint. OMG! She's going to kill me !

Thanks. Say it as it is please.

hi, i wouldnt worry about the age difference as long as you love each other visa or not you will be together, you are almost identical to myself and Nida in age, when we met and then got serious i knew nothing about visas or petitions, i worried at first when i read some peoples opinions of age difference, but we decided no matter what we will marry and be together, and it doesnt matter where! So good luck to all of us!!!

K1 Visa Timeline

10/11/2010 - I-129F sent via USPS

10/19/2010 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 10/15/2010

04/08/2011- received NOA2 hard copy, dated 04/05/2011

04/12/2011- NVC received petition

04/18/2011- received letter from NVC

04/18/2011- Manila embassy received petition

04/27/2011- medical exam passed

05/04/2011- appointment letter received dated 06/01/2011

06/01/2011- appointment date, put on administrative review

06/24/2011- visa granted

06/29/2011- received visa

07/18/2011- cfo class

07/21/2011- arrived in America

09/02/2011- happily married!

AOS Timeline

12/01/2011- AOS packet sent

12/06/2011- received email and text from USCIS with MSC number

12/07/2011- check was cashed

12/10/2011- received NOA hard copy dated 12/05/2011

12/12/2011- received NOA hard copy for biometrics appointment for 12/28/2011

12/24/2011- received NOA hard copy stating that our case was transfered to CSC on 12/20/2011

12/28/2011- biometrics appointment completed

06/25/2012- put in service request

09/12/2012- AOS approved

09/17/2012- card production

09/21/2012- greencard in hand

ROC Timeline

08/04/2014 - sent ROC packet

08/13/2014 - received I-797, NOA, dated 08/08/2014

08/28/2014 - received biometric appt. letter for 09/11/2014

02/25/2015- ROC approved

I’m Very Happy for You. This page has a very positive look at this subject. I have a good feeling when I read this post, but if you will go to the Egypt Portal Page you will find in Egypt Hot Topics ( on the right side of the page) A Topic entitled "Family Acceptance" Where you will see how a woman can be bashed and condemned by many for loving a younger man. It isn’t seen as love in so many ppl’s eyes only seen as the man being too young. He’s 22 she’s 38. I found myself writing on this post as I am older than my fiancé. On that post ppl had become so cruel that additional posting was stopped. To me it was the saddest display I had ever seen. Giving advice was one thing but being cruel was just not what that lady deserved. Where I come from at age 18 you’re old enough to make your own decisions. I realize not everyone will agree with age difference, but please don’t place judgement on others. Many Thanks to everyone posting here who knows what the meaning of LOVE is

:)

I am soooo worried about this.

I agree... when the man is a lot older, it doesn't seem like a big deal... but, for the woman to be a lot older, everyone automatically questions.

When I met my husband in Nepal.. we never even discussed ages.. actually for many months...until we were talking about marriage. Even though there is a really large difference, 19 years, I am 45 he is 26, we get along wonderfully. I think he is probably an "old soul" and I am a younger one. Because such a large age difference is pretty taboo in Nepal, we never shared our true age difference with anyone...and we lived there together for 6 months.

Now, going thru this process, it worries me terribly. It feels so violating that someone can judge us and our relationship, based on those numbers that have no meaning to us.

I am extremely worried that we will be more deeply scrutinized and hopefully have enough proof to prove that our relationship is genuine.

This process is so extremely difficult and painful to be kept apart from the person you love, for such a long time.

I appreciate all feedback that I receive from this forum..and it gives me strength that others are getting thru it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fist wife was(is)filipina and we married there in the Phils when I was 36 and she was 24. I was born October and her December so it was close to 11 years. We never even considered the age difference and it was only a little bit of a problem but it had less to do witht he actual age difference and more to do with her lack of emotional maturity, which she should have aquired more of over time and didn't. But even here in the states I don't recall anyone even looking at us twice except for some women. No one on her sode or my side of our families ever cared r even questioned. That was then. We are divorced now. My new mapapangasawa is 12 years younger then me almost exactly as we are both October birthdays. Of course I am older now and personally would not marry much younger than 12 years or so than me. But that's just me and I have my own reasons. Actually I was looking for someone even older than her but it was too dificult to find someone older that did not have kids already. My first filipina wife had already a 18 month baby when we married and while that experience with her sone as he grew older could have been better, I would just as soon marry someone now that does not have any kids. And my mapapangasawa does not. I guess it really comes down to what you are comfortable with and also her. Its a personal thing. For me, communication is exteremely important and that's why I have some reservations about marrying a lady of any nationality that is more than 12 years or so younger than me, but again that's me and for my own particular reasons. Again, whatever is comfortable and feels right for YOU, and her is what is important. I agree with all the other comments that the embassy will belooking for the authenticiy of the relationship and desire and sincerity in wanting to marry. They won;t care about the age difference unless it is extreme and even then it just may raise some suspicion. But I doubt you need to worry about that for just 17 year gap in your ages.

Stop worry and seize this opportunity - if it feels right for you!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance (Marina) and I have a 28 year difference. When we first started talking, we were just friends and neither asked the other age. Then after feelings developed, we talked about it and we both were in agreement that it did not matter to us.

We know that we will be scrutinized very hard. We have worked hard at developing our relationship and along with that comes the evidence to "prove" our relation to one person at the consulate. I have visited 4 times within the last year with the most recent being 30 days for Christmas through New Year's.

We have talked daily via skype for over a year now. We have spent over 75 days together in Brazil and I am going to go back for the interview to be with her and support her (hopefully soon now).

The bottom line to us is that as long as it works for us, we will not worry what others say. We have discussed the pros and cons to the age difference. We know we will be questioned and we are prepared to answer any questions.

Good luck to everyone going through this process, but a special thumbs up to those that are going against the grains of society and chasing their hearts instead of fitting in with the rest of the world.

P.S. To the ones who disagree, just keep your opinions to yourself. The purpose of this site is for support, not critical attacks.

John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Generally, and there will be exceptions of course:

If you are going through the Philippines, Vietnam, Russia etc etc the USC will be male and will be older that the beneficiary, sometimes by quite a bit.

If you go through MENA countries it is the opposite, most petitioners are female and will be older than the beneficiary.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.