can_usd_rt

AOS interview tomorrow afternoon!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I have my AOS interview tomorrow and wanted to know if the things i bring do i need to photocopy it all?

I have copies of all my passport, birth certificate, drivers license and bank statements but if im bringing an album with 100 wedding pictures, and wedding card would they keep that? or would they take one or two from there.

I just dont want to photocopy everything all over again.

ALso, In the checklist is says to bring all documentation establishing your eligilibity for lawful permanent resident status,what should we bringing?

Also, my husband cant seem to print out income tax for 2009 since it wont alow him to do so online, would that be a problem? a copy was already submitted with the application before hand.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, I have my AOS interview tomorrow and wanted to know if the things i bring do i need to photocopy it all?

I have copies of all my passport, birth certificate, drivers license and bank statements but if im bringing an album with 100 wedding pictures, and wedding card would they keep that? or would they take one or two from there.

I just dont want to photocopy everything all over again.

ALso, In the checklist is says to bring all documentation establishing your eligilibity for lawful permanent resident status,what should we bringing?

Also, my husband cant seem to print out income tax for 2009 since it wont alow him to do so online, would that be a problem? a copy was already submitted with the application before hand.

Thanks

From what I have read about interviews they will only look at your wedding photos. You need all your documentation including mortgage or rental lease in both names. You have the rest am not sure about the tax return as you said they already have that. I am sure somone else will help you on this one.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

Our interview is on Feb 8, I am feeling a bit nervous but hubby isn't, which helps me in a bit.

Anyway, I followed the checklist on the interview letter.We're bringing exact copies of all the folders we sent, all the originals[passports, birth certificates etc..] + copies [some notarized], photo albums & some loose photos, pay stubs, insurances,joint bank accounts and a few others that will support our relationship. It's a luggage[hand carry size roller bag]full of documents & photos.LOL

It's up to them whatever they want to keep, so you'll never really know what will "tickle their fancy".

In our case, my eligibility for LPR is marriage that's why we're bringing the necessary documents to support it.

The 2009 Federal Tax information is important as it is the most recent filing [we got an RFE for this] and it supports your I-864. Perhaps if you have a valid reason why you cant have a copy then they will probably ask for it in a form of RFE after your interview. There are some cases that have been posted here where they weren't able to show recent W-2's and tax information and it caused them a bit of delay in receiving their greencard. For sure some members here will chime in and will give you their 2 cents on this.

I hope your interview will go smoothly & Good luck!!!

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Timeline

Thanks, i was wondering what to bring all these thigs in. i was just gonna put it all in a bag.

Just worried if they would even ask for the income tax return, i have the w2 and everything else but that. Should i be worried, i read alot about the officer not asking for anthing but id's and photos, so i really hope thats the case too.

Timeline

Thanks, i was wondering what to bring all these thigs in. i was just gonna put it all in a bag.

Just worried if they would even ask for the income tax return, i have the w2 and everything else but that. Should i be worried, i read alot about the officer not asking for anthing but id's and photos, so i really hope thats the case too.

I passed my interview and is offically a Permanent Resident :) . My interview was done in basically 5-10 minutes. I went in about 15 minutes before my interview time and got called in 5 minutes after. The IO made my husband and I raise our right hands for the oath. Then asked for my passport and id and my husbands id. IO then asked basic questions, my name, DOB , parents names and confirmed my signature. Then asked about my arrival to the US and made me answer some of the questions on the 485 form that you normally put NO to. Then he made my Husband state his name, dob, and confirm signature. The IO then typed some stuff on the computer and then stamped my passport and said congratulations you are now a permanent resident and will recieve my card in 1-2 weeks in the mail. He said i submitted more than enough proof of our marriage and that it was unnecessary to keep us there longer and question us. I had brought everything with me and he was like thats good you were prepared but he had plenty of proof already.

so happy it was a easy and simple interview. I was panicking for nothing. That was my experience.now after 2 years i just have to remove the condition on my PR card since we've been married less than 2 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I passed my interview and is offically a Permanent Resident :)

so happy it was a easy and simple interview. I was panicking for nothing. That was my experience.now after 2 years i just have to remove the condition on my PR card since we've been married less than 2 years.

Congrats!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats!!!!

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congratulations, ours was just like that too! I was so nervous and sweating beforehand, and while we were waiting I noticed my husband didn't label the back of some of our wedding pictures so I was frantically writing on them when we were called in! Haha!

I think that as long as you have submitted all the proper paperwork, you need not be nervous and worry about being interrogated and such.. it seems that is reserved for situations that are in doubt for some reason.

Happy! Happy! Have a little party! No more USCIS for now! :)

12-04-09 mailed I-129F

12-07-09 I-129F arrived in Vermont

12-08-09 NOA1

12-10-09 check cashed

04-05-10 NOA2 (no touches until approval!)

04-19-10 received at NVC

04-21-10 NVC sent to embassy

04-24-10 arrived at embassy

05-17-10 received packet 3

05-18-10 delivered packet to embassy

embassy asks us for ridiculous things before giving interview date, such as a photocopy of the sealed envelope from the medical exam...

07-27-10 interview

08-05-10 received visa!!!!!

08-06-10 left Argentina

08-07-10 POE (Dallas)

08-12-10 civil marriage ceremony

08-23-10 mailed AOS packet with EAD and AP applications together

08-25-10 packet arrived in Chicago

09-01-10 NOAs

09-02-10 check cashed

09-21-10 received SS number :) had to go into office twice but it worked!

09-23-10 requested EAD expedite

09-24-10 received biometrics letter

09-27-10 successful walk-in biometrics taken

10-01-10 receive EAD expedite request RFE letter

10-04-10 US Representative's office forwards our EAD expedite evidence

10-06-10 expedite for EAD granted, EAD and AP both issued :D

10-09-10 wedding (party!)

01-04-11 AOS interview (rescheduled because we moved, was 12-16-10) Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.