sorchaine

Civil Surgeon in the Des Moines, Iowa area

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm trying to find a place to get my husband's I-693 done around the Des Moines area, but haven't had much luck. I called the county health department and their vaccination costs are a bit high. I was wondering if anyone else knows of a good place to go to get the transcription done and some last vaccinations. He had his medical exam done last summer, so he doesn't need that done. I tried to search in the "Civil Surgeons who DON'T rip you off" thread, but there's nothing that I could find for anyone in the Des Moines area.

Thanks.

event.png

Have you tried calling all the civil surgeons recommended by USCIS on their website? It takes time, I called about 10 before I found one who said I didn't need to renew my medical and will only charge $25. So annoying, I even encountered really rude secretaries. I don't any from your area (I'm from PA) but goodluck! and keep looking! :)

Iowa Civil surgeons

Edited by messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm trying to find a place to get my husband's I-693 done around the Des Moines area, but haven't had much luck. I called the county health department and their vaccination costs are a bit high. I was wondering if anyone else knows of a good place to go to get the transcription done and some last vaccinations. He had his medical exam done last summer, so he doesn't need that done. I tried to search in the "Civil Surgeons who DON'T rip you off" thread, but there's nothing that I could find for anyone in the Des Moines area.

Thanks.

You can only get your vaccinations transcribed over to I-693 by a CS accredited by USCIS. If you look on their site and type in your zip code it will give a list in your area. If you need vaccinations these can be done by any medical doctor and then you take that to the CS and have it all transcribed over on to the I-693. You wont need another medical and only need the vaccinations Part 1,2 and 5 filled out on 693. They will then give it to you in sealed envelope to send in with AOS. Make sure they give you a copy. I looked up my CS here and rang the 1st one I saw closest to us and cost me $50 i just had to get a flu shot and did that at Walgreen's free.hehe!! Hope this helps

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Thanks! Looking at the lists of approved CS in my area, it seems that most are all from Mercy Clinics, so that will narrow down my calls to about 3, haha! I guess if those are going to charge more than the Polk County Health Department, I might as well just go there. Just wasn't sure if others in the Des Moines area had any experience with the CS here.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Thanks! Looking at the lists of approved CS in my area, it seems that most are all from Mercy Clinics, so that will narrow down my calls to about 3, haha! I guess if those are going to charge more than the Polk County Health Department, I might as well just go there. Just wasn't sure if others in the Des Moines area had any experience with the CS here.

I'm closer to Davenport and called one CS in Clinton that wanted to charge me $600+!! It was ridiculous. Some CS's just rip you off and I don't think they should be allowed to. I think there should be a fee structure so that it's the same everywhere but I doubt that's gunna happen.

Hope you're able to find someone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm closer to Davenport and called one CS in Clinton that wanted to charge me $600+!! It was ridiculous. Some CS's just rip you off and I don't think they should be allowed to. I think there should be a fee structure so that it's the same everywhere but I doubt that's gunna happen.

Hope you're able to find someone!

wow! we must be close to neighbors!! I was going to say the same thing. . .I called around and found a Dr Kapedella from Shaumburg with the most reasonable/ findable place without trying to navigate all of Chicago. I was able to be signed up under my hubby's ins and got the blood-work for vaccinations, and a flue shot and if I had thought (in time) to have the syphilis etc test it would have saved $75. This clinic only runs 2-3 days, and charged %150 to transcript. the whole thing was about a 5-min thing and he drew blood test for the STD's test so our cost was $210. plus a day and gas.

Timeline

Got it done today. Went to the Polk County Health Department. The civil surgeon was out of the country so we have to go back in a couple weeks to pick up the signed form in the sealed envelope, but we got everything that we needed to do there done today. It cost us $220. $85 for the varicella vaccine, $60 for the MMR and $30 for the Td then $45 for the administration of the vaccines. It doesn't look like we were charged for the transcription part, just what the needed vaccines cost.

event.png

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Got it done today. Went to the Polk County Health Department. The civil surgeon was out of the country so we have to go back in a couple weeks to pick up the signed form in the sealed envelope, but we got everything that we needed to do there done today. It cost us $220. $85 for the varicella vaccine, $60 for the MMR and $30 for the Td then $45 for the administration of the vaccines. It doesn't look like we were charged for the transcription part, just what the needed vaccines cost.

My wife and I live in Urbandale. She is going to the Polk County Health Department on Tuesday to get her I-693 done. She has all the shots so she only needs the transcription. She was told $10, but the nurse was going to do the transcription. The last page of the I-693 says it needs to be signed by the doctor? Was everything transcribed by the doctor in your case, or by a nurse? I am emailing you this same message. Thank you,

John

Timeline

It was transcribed by the nurse. It still needed the doctor to sign off on it. When we went she did all the transcriptions and the doctor was out of the country at the time so we had to wait a couple weeks to go back to pick up the sealed envelope after the doctor came back and was able to sign it.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.