SunnyCalifornian

HELP: I-485 family-based was transferred to CSC on Sept 2010!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

PLEASE HELP: I live in Houston, TX. My I-485 family-based adjustment of status was transferred to the California Service Center (CSC) on Sept 10, 2010. My Biometrics were done on Nov 29, 2010. No news since... In the website it still mentions that the case is under initial review. I haven't received an RFE, neither an interview appointment. Basically no news at all. We are two days from February 2011. Is this normal? Should I do something about it? I appreciate any suggestions or comments.

My detailed timeline is as follows:

Aug 12, 2010: Entered US with K1 visa.

Aug 13: Married.

Aug 16: Sent AOS, AP & EAD package by Fedex to the Chicago S. Dearborn St. address.

Aug 17: Fedex confirmed they had delivered the package.

Aug 25: Received emails and sms texts of my AOS, EAD and AP applications.

Aug 26: Check cashed.

Aug 30: Received hardcopies of NOA1's for my AOS, EAD and AP applications.

Sept 10: AOS case transferred to the California Service Center.

Sept 13: My AOS case was available on-line for the first time. (EAD and AP cases are still unavailable on-line.)

Sept 17: AOS case was touched. I think it means that it was received at the CSC.

Sept 18: Received hardcopy letter that my AOS case was transferred to the CSC on Sept 10.

Nov 01: AP approved. EAD and AP are available on-line for the first time.

Nov 06: AP received! and Biometrics appointment notice received (scheduled for Nov 29).

Nov 29: Biometrics done. It took 5 mins.

Nov 29: EAD card production ordered. (My on-line status jumped from Initial Review to Card Production.)

Dec 10: EAD card received.

Naturalization Journey

Oct 07, 2014: Sent N-400 packet.

Oct 14, 2014: Received email and sms text that my N-400 application has been received as well the receipt number of my case.

Oct 15, 2014: Check cashed.

Oct 17, 2014: Received NOA. NOA Notice Date is: Oct 10, 2014

Oct 27, 2014: Received yellow letter: Pre-interview Case File Review. (Does NOT mention date of interview.)

Nov 05, 2014: Biometrics were done.

Dec 05, 2014: On-line status updated: In-line for interview.

Dec 29, 2014: On-line status updated: Interview scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date.

Jan 03, 2015: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview date: Feb 02, 2015.

Feb 02, 2015: Had my interview. I.O. verbally said, I had "passed" and should receive the Oath Ceremony notice within 90 days. I.O. did not give me anything in writing.

Feb 05, 2015: On-line status updated: Oath Ceremony scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date, time and location of ceremony.

Feb 07, 2015: Received Oath Appointment Notice. Oath date: Feb 13, 2015.

Feb 13, 2015: Oath taken. Received Naturalization certificate. Became a US Citizen!

ROC Journey

Nov 04, 2013: Sent I-751 packet.

Nov 08: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Nov 05, 2013.

Nov 16: Received Biometrics appointment for Dec 02.

Nov 18: Succesful walk-in for Biometrics: Done.

Mar 02, 2014: We relocated within the same city, but to a different zip code. Filed change of address of I-751 case pending and AR-11.

Mar 24: Approved!

Mar 31: 10-year GC arrived in the mail.

AOS Journey

Aug 16: Sent AOS, AP & EAD package by Fedex to the Chicago S. Dearborn St. address.
Sept 18: Received hardcopy letter that my AOS case was transferred to the CSC on Sept 10.
Nov 06: AP received! and Biometrics appointment notice received (scheduled for Nov 29).
Nov 29: EAD card production ordered. (My on-line status jumped from Initial Review to Card Production.)
Mar 10, 2011: First RFE from the CSC. They lost my I-693! Had to re-do it.
Apr 15: Another RFE from the CSC. Bona fide marriage evidence. We provided the requested documents.
Sept 03: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview scheduled for September 27. Finally!
Sept 27: We had our interview. Very easy straight forward questions. Officer needed further processing for our case.
Jan 05, 2012: Case status update - Decision: Approved.
Jan 09: Received letter in the mail with Notice of AOS Decision: Approved.
Jan 10: Case status update - Card Production Ordered.
Jan 13: Green card arrived in the mail. Done with AOS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will not have an interview since your case is at CSC. They send it there for " faster processing " Nothing to do but wait right now, some people have been waiting quite a while for CSC to finish their AOS papers.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are in Seattle and we filed for AOS in July 2008 and we were also processed through CSC we did have an interview in December 2008.

At this point your time frame seems perfectly normal and it can take longer and that is normal too.

You NOA letter gives you your legal status EAD gives your the right to work, you are fine.

At the bottom of this page there are instruction as to what happens after filing, there are important tips here, maybe this will be helpful to you?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Also, if you fill in the TIMELINE in your profile...you will be connected to other VJ members that filed around the same time as you, this will help you to see how other similar cases are progressing.

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
You will not have an interview since your case is at CSC. They send it there for " faster processing " Nothing to do but wait right now, some people have been waiting quite a while for CSC to finish their AOS papers.

This is incorrect. They MIGHT not have an interview. Almost all cases are transferred to CSC and then every now and then a file is transferred to their local office for interview. Just because it's at CSC doesn't mean absolutely no interview.. it means your chances are good for no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks all for your comments. We might have to move to another state (specifically Arizona). In case we do, we would notify USCIS, would this usually delay a Permanent Residence decision by USCIS? If it does, does it usually significantly dealy the process (let's say more than four months)? I know this might be impossible to answer, but if someone knows a similar case, I would appreciate the information.

Naturalization Journey

Oct 07, 2014: Sent N-400 packet.

Oct 14, 2014: Received email and sms text that my N-400 application has been received as well the receipt number of my case.

Oct 15, 2014: Check cashed.

Oct 17, 2014: Received NOA. NOA Notice Date is: Oct 10, 2014

Oct 27, 2014: Received yellow letter: Pre-interview Case File Review. (Does NOT mention date of interview.)

Nov 05, 2014: Biometrics were done.

Dec 05, 2014: On-line status updated: In-line for interview.

Dec 29, 2014: On-line status updated: Interview scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date.

Jan 03, 2015: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview date: Feb 02, 2015.

Feb 02, 2015: Had my interview. I.O. verbally said, I had "passed" and should receive the Oath Ceremony notice within 90 days. I.O. did not give me anything in writing.

Feb 05, 2015: On-line status updated: Oath Ceremony scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date, time and location of ceremony.

Feb 07, 2015: Received Oath Appointment Notice. Oath date: Feb 13, 2015.

Feb 13, 2015: Oath taken. Received Naturalization certificate. Became a US Citizen!

ROC Journey

Nov 04, 2013: Sent I-751 packet.

Nov 08: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Nov 05, 2013.

Nov 16: Received Biometrics appointment for Dec 02.

Nov 18: Succesful walk-in for Biometrics: Done.

Mar 02, 2014: We relocated within the same city, but to a different zip code. Filed change of address of I-751 case pending and AR-11.

Mar 24: Approved!

Mar 31: 10-year GC arrived in the mail.

AOS Journey

Mar 10, 2011: First RFE from the CSC. They lost my I-693! Had to re-do it.
Apr 15: Another RFE from the CSC. Bona fide marriage evidence. We provided the requested documents.
Sept 03: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview scheduled for September 27. Finally!
Sept 27: We had our interview. Very easy straight forward questions. Officer needed further processing for our case.
Jan 05, 2012: Case status update - Decision: Approved.
Jan 09: Received letter in the mail with Notice of AOS Decision: Approved.
Jan 10: Case status update - Card Production Ordered.
Jan 13: Green card arrived in the mail. Done with AOS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.