Gugusitolindo

Abuse of power in the American Consulate

195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Girl, I don't know if you know about Moroccan music, but I used to chat with Tarik Batma, and his thing was feet. He'd ask for pictures of my damn feet. I only wanted to talk to him about music, and he was very married, and he didn't give a damn, he wanted to see "white toes". Men are crazy. :wacko:

Batma Tarik:

ok, that's just nasty :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Girl, I don't know if you know about Moroccan music, but I used to chat with Tarik Batma, and his thing was feet. He'd ask for pictures of my damn feet. I only wanted to talk to him about music, and he was very married, and he didn't give a damn, he wanted to see "white toes". Men are crazy. :wacko:

you should send him a pic of this to stop that nonsense.

not safe to look at while eating, contemplating food, or even hours after eating.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you should send him a pic of this to stop that nonsense.

not safe to look at while eating, contemplating food, or even hours after eating.

ok, completely just ignored your warning, and clicked while eating :dead:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Timeline

I've wondered a lot what I think the consulate could or should do differently, but I keep going back to the fact that if I were a CO, I'd give out FEWER visas than they do. I'm worried that just saying, "Well, your paperwork appears to be in order and you passed a background check, so you're in!" would open up the flood gates. The harder it is for a scammer to get through, the more scammers will give up or decide it's not even worth trying. It's like that statistic about how 75% of denied couples don't bother refiling. I'm sure some of that 75% is made up of legitimate couples who couldn't handle the separation ... although I'd argue that those relationships weren't that serious, even if they were honest, if they broke up over one denial. Anyway, that means that who knows how many hundreds (thousands??) of women were saved heartache after their SO was denied and disappeared. I don't know, I don't have a good solution, but when I look at the statistics....75% not even sticking it through a denial, and who knows HOW many ending up being fraud even after they got through the visa process (50%? 75%? 90%??), it seems crazy to me to let in everyone who can pass a background check when only 1 out of 20, or whatever, will end up sticking around. And if word got around in all the cyber cafes that everyone with a clean police record gets in, I imagine even more scammers would try their luck at the online dating scene...

I have a question about this 75% who don't refile. Is it they don't refile a fiance visa or they don't refile for anything at all? I mean, yeah they may go in with a K1 fiance then get married and go CR-1. In my case, I have a feeling the petition will expire before we can do anything about it. So, this summer we were planning on marrying anyway, so we will and file CR-1. But does that mean I am part of the 75%? Just curious because I am unsure where this "magical" number came from. Does anyone know the specifics? Thanks!

Jennifer & Salah

February 2010 met on interpals

March 2010 started getting serious

15- 24 June 2010 my first visit to Morocco

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

29 July 2010 I-29F received

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

26 January 2011 NOA2/petition approved

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I don't know the source of the statistic, but I was always under the impression it means 75% of denied couples don't file anything again. If that's correct, then a denied K-1 couple who files a CR-1 would not be part of the statistic.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi... im wondering How many Blonde cold aggressive coucil embassies of the MENA area do have? LOl

well, in Algeria there is a woman (blonde...cold, arrogant....) that denied a lot of fiance visa and marriage visa......

and i still try understand why they treat people so badly!... and i guess if they put people more confortable and ask question like a friend is asking u questions, they will probbaly find out more easily if the fiance fiancee our husband and wife,and really in love or not!!!

i was reading stuff, about french embassies and other countries, and all never had to deal with so much questions and inquiries and bad attitude from coucil!!!

i guess its descrimination because we are arab!!

what do u think???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi... im wondering How many Blonde cold aggressive coucil embassies of the MENA area do have? LOl

well, in Algeria there is a woman (blonde...cold, arrogant....) that denied a lot of fiance visa and marriage visa......

and i still try understand why they treat people so badly!... and i guess if they put people more confortable and ask question like a friend is asking u questions, they will probbaly find out more easily if the fiance fiancee our husband and wife,and really in love or not!!!

i was reading stuff, about french embassies and other countries, and all never had to deal with so much questions and inquiries and bad attitude from coucil!!!

what do u think???

It's not the job of the CO to make you feel warm and fuzzy. It's their job to find out if there is fraud.

It's your responsibility to prove your relationship is bona fide. All embassies deny visas, not just MENA countries.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It has nothing to do with "discrimination against Arabs" and everything to do with the fact that those Consulates are assumed to be very high-fraud posts.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

In all actuality how many people are denied K-1 or CR1 and NEVER approved? Honestly I can't think of many. Seems like if you stay focused you will eventually get your visa whether you are a fraudster or not!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what do u think???

I think you misunderstand the job of a CO. Their job is to prove fraud, not to prove that your relationship is real. It is our responsibility to prove they are wrong.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

In all actuality how many people are denied K-1 or CR1 and NEVER approved? Honestly I can't think of many. Seems like if you stay focused you will eventually get your visa whether you are a fraudster or not!

Sad, but true. Of course it's horrible to think about what would happen if a genuine couple was repeatedly denied and NEVER made it to this country.....but it really does not sit right with me at all that everyone who files for a K-1 basically knows that if you get denied, it's okay, just get married and go the CR-1 route. Or if you get denied on a CR-1, it's okay, just appeal and if you're still together for round 2 you'll get the visa then. Don't get me wrong, for those genuine couples who for whatever reason weren't approved the first time, I am very glad that there is a second chance for them. And I also have a lot of sympathy for the member here whose SO was just denied a second time when they married and petitioned for a CR-1. I don't know if that signifies a shift in policy for Casa regarding second-time filers, or whether there is just a fluke about that particular case, but even though I don't have a better solution than taking a "wait and see who comes back" approach, I don't like it. I assume that the smarter fraudsters at least know that all they have to do is stick it out through the first denial, and we've heard about at least a few K-1 denials where the intended beneficiary was specifically told to get married and come back to get the visa. How does that sniff out fraud?! It seems like if the couple is genuine, it's just keeping them apart longer for no reason, and if the beneficiary is a scammer, it's giving him a road map to entry in the U.S.

Off the soapbox now!

Timeline

I am hoping we aren't the genuine couple who never makes it together in the USA....

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

I am praying for you. (F)

(L) (L) (L) Thank you

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.