tru_loves_journey

No Internet In Egypt

224 posts in this topic

Ok something crazy bad that happened. Adams friend Mohamed that he grew up with was guarding the flat with some other guys and some bad guys came in a car and came to get to the flat and to fight them. He and some of the guys guarding the flat got into it with them, one bad guy got stabbed in the stomach and died and another guy they stabbed in the back and hes just injured and they are keeping the other guy like arrested. Mohamed and his neighbors are trying to reach the army to get them to come over but they cant reach them. This is in Alexandria. Mohamed just told Adam... I've never killed anyone in my life until tonight :(

I'm soo sorry your good friend is having to live like this. May God protect all your friends, family and loved ones!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A few updates if you haven't heard.........

CNN annonced that The US Embassy in Cairo is Closed .

Delta Air Lines Inc suspended service to Cairo indefinitely amid the civil unrest in Egypt. The U.S. government is offering evacuation flights to Europe for American citizens who want to get out of Egypt.

The State Department is prepared to evacuate thousands of U.S. citizens from Egypt on chartered planes.

My Hopes.....

I hope tomorrow will bring the annoncement of President Mubarak saying Goodbye to the Egyptian people.

I hope everyone has gotten in touch with your loved one's and that they're fine.

May God Bless Everyone In Egypt through these difficult days and the days ahead.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hello, I talked with Hany and he told me that in Ismailia things were better but they were trying to find food. He went to work and they told him to return home for today. He said he had been watching alot of TV. I will be calling him later today to check in. The best to everyone

event.png

event.png

Timeline

From the rally here in Minnesota

100_3273.jpg

100_3272.jpg

and my sign

100_3270.jpg

News coverage (watch carefully and you'll see me, er my sign in the first 2, and at the 8 minute mark during the reading of the statement, you can see my down down mubarak sign)

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1949298.shtml?cat=1

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/01/29/rally-at-minn-capitol-supports-egypt-protests/

http://theuptake.org/2011/01/29/remove-mubarek-now-saw-minnesota-egyptians/

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the pictures of the stuff going on here. By the way, UmmSqueaker, just as I saw your post I had Al Jazeera's live feed up in another window and a man in Cairo was holding a very similar sign, except instead of dates identifying the US president by number... :thumbs:

Timeline

LaL, Adam and I didnt make it down there either, but we our friends Sandy and Maged which live about an hour from Houston went. It was both of their first time to do that! I wish we could have made it down there with them!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Thanks for the pictures of the stuff going on here. By the way, UmmSqueaker, just as I saw your post I had Al Jazeera's live feed up in another window and a man in Cairo was holding a very similar sign, except instead of dates identifying the US president by number... :thumbs:

I had originally seen the sign at a protest early last week and copied it. It's too good of a message to pass up!

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Latest via twitter is either that the last ISP has been shut down, or will soon be shut down. Another internet blackout coming?

Gee, it worked so well the last time, let's do it again!

233228033.gif

irhal.jpg

Timeline

01/31/11 - 5:45 pm ...CNN Breaking News: Egypt information ministry: Mobile phone networks to be shut down during next few hours, before planned massive marches.

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Latest via twitter is either that the last ISP has been shut down, or will soon be shut down. Another internet blackout coming?

Gee, it worked so well the last time, let's do it again!

233228033.gif

So I suppose they don't care about their stock exchange. Brilliant.

Timeline

Hi, I called Hany at 6am and got through to his cell phone. He said they have food now and all is fine so far. I was so happy to hear that. I hope the internet will be restored soon, I miss him so much.. Take Care Everyone

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.